Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION

Default QUESTION

I have a few questions to ask.

1. How long does a NDS game last? If its taken care of? Also, why when I shake a NDS game, you hear the chip in the game moving? Does that mean something is wrong with the game?

Now these are Final Fantasy III questions.

1. Is FFIII its own game, or is it a sequal to another Final Fantasy game? Because when they meet Cid, they acted like they knew who he was, though I did not.

2. How close is this game compared to the SNES version? Is it different, but with the same storyline? Or are they bassicly the same?

3. I can not play FFIII online. I have my Wi Fi settings set, and the connection has been tested, and it did work. But than I try to connect, and it says I need to register my Wi Fi to my computer. I have no router security, so that could not be the problem. Yes, I do have wireless interet.

That is all my questions, thank you for replying in advance. Anything you say will be helpful. But please, if you could, have detailed answers, im new to the FF series, and do not understand much. Thanks again.

1A. (As you have 2 number one questions.) Do you mean the cartridge itself? Probably a while I would assume as with any good game cartridge or disc. As for the shaking thing, but I'm going to go with a resounding no.

1B. Yes it is, and yes it's a sequel, but it's a sequel in the Final Fantasy sense which is that it has nothing to do with the ones before except brings about some common themes and symbols (i.e. Summons, moogles, spells, abilities, etc.) And they knew Cid because he is the foremost authority on airships and world famous as an airship creator. Besides he's just Cid, everyone knows him just like Unne.

2. Their entirely different, especially since FFIII was originally an NES release where as the FF'III' that appeared on SNES was nothing more a renamed FFVI but Square thought us Americans to be too dumb and would be too frightened at the idea that they never released FF II, III, or V, so they just changed it's name. As for how close it is, it's a lot different yet the same. They made actual characters and dialogue where as the original NES version featured little dialogue (among the main characters at least) and the main characters you start with all at once as their 4 orphan boys (brothers if I recall) with no set names.

3. I dunno I have yet to purchase a DS so I'll wait for someone with more experience on the matter to answer for you.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Thank you, and to answer your question. It feels/sounds like its the little chip in the casing that is shaking. Like its not in place. I do not know if this is normal, or if I should be worried about it.

Secondly. So FFIII is not a direct sequal, but does have the same gamplay that all other FF's have, wich is, mugals, chocobos, and so and so forth?

So hmmm, this is actually its own game. Really not a remake of any games, just they made a new game, and renamed it, claiming that it was FFIII, never to hit american boarders?

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

It is a remake of the Japaneese FFIII, which was nor previously released outside of Japan. So, no, it's not really a new game.

Hmmm. This is begining to be a bit complicated. I know the only real sequals are...

X and X-2, and XII.

So to understand this game, I do not have to buy anyothers? Im new to FF games, and only know a few things. So im trying to gather more information, I barrowed FFIII from my friend, and im thinking of buying it. But if its a sequal, than I really do not want to get it.

Another thing, is it normal if I shake my NDS game, and it rattles? Or should I return it, and get one that does not?

If your new to FF I suggest doing a little Wikipedia search on it as they have oodles of info to help you set things straight on the franchise.

Oh and don't bother with FFVIII and FFX, they both suck. *runs away before the flame begins.*
    This space intentionally left blank.

I have played both, and I 100% agree with you. Tottaly. Um okay, I will search wiki.

As I said before, I just do not want to buy FFIII, and turn out its a sequal, and not understanding anything. I f**king hat that.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

The only sequels in FF are X/X-2, and the FFVII arc. Every onther FF game is a stand alone.

As for the DS thing... I can't say for sure, but I think it's normal. At least, every GBA game I own rattles without ill effect. I think it's a general cartrige thing.

Okay thank you. Im sorry im asking stupid questions, I just do not know these things. I usually go with sony, and this is the first Nintendo Brand I have had in a very long time.

As for the Final Fantasy subject, the only ones I have played are, FFVII, FFIII, FFX, FFX-2.

It just worrys me, when I can not figure out if its a sequal, but as you said, they are all stand alone, and none are sequals, exept for what you said.

To make sure, I can buy FFIII, and not worry about being lost, do to the fact that it is a stand alone game, meaning, it has no sequal, and its own storyline and events. Correct?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I moved your thread to the FFIII forum as it is about FFIII. That way more people will be able to give you the help you need. Anyway, carry on.

To make sure, I can buy FFIII, and not worry about being lost, do to the fact that it is a stand alone game, meaning, it has no sequal, and its own storyline and events. Correct?
    Yep.

Okay. Also when I shake my FFIII game, I feel something moving around inside the plastic casing. I was just wondering if this is normal, or if I should go get it replaced.

Yes I have asked this question in this thread before, but the person that answered did not know for sure. Considering this is about FFIII, wich is on NDS, you would most likely know. Thanks,

If the NDS cartridge works, there is most likely no problem with it regardless of the rattling noise. Back in the day of N64 I had many a rattling cartridge, nothing gave me problems.

I would think its probably not too good to constantly be shaking these games and systems.
    FFXI: Sylph
    PLD-75 BLM-75 RDM-75 DRG-75