Thread: Gau's Rage

Moogle Gau's Rage

What are some of Gau's best rage attacks? I just got him and im getting rages in Veldt now.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Stray cat!
    Also, if you mute Gau, use Intangir. TANKS!
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Stray Cat, Bomb and Ghost are three of the best rages when you first get Gau. Stray Cat can perform Cat Scratch, which deals massive physical damage (and is one of the best physical attack rages for Gau the entire game). Bomb can cast Fira on all enemies and Ghost can cast Thundara on all enemies.
    Figaro Castle

sounds good and what happens when i mute Gau?

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Well Intangir is a fantastic rage. But he has a 50% chance of self-destruct. Mute prevents this, making it an uber rage for tanking.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I've been using Tyrannosaur a lot. Multi-target Meteor(not the Esper learned spell, that one that actually hurts) is a nice thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruise Control View Post
    Well Intangir is a fantastic rage. But he has a 50% chance of self-destruct. Mute prevents this, making it an uber rage for tanking.
    where can i find intangir?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

They spawn on Triangle Island in the World of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Stray Cat, Bomb and Ghost are three of the best rages when you first get Gau. Stray Cat can perform Cat Scratch, which deals massive physical damage (and is one of the best physical attack rages for Gau the entire game). Bomb can cast Fira on all enemies and Ghost can cast Thundara on all enemies.
    Bomb actually uses Blaze, which isn't bad, but Templar is the one you want for Fira, also Templar has innate "Shell" effect, so you get that too.

Cat Scratch pretty much sucks post SNES, the PSX and GBA versions toned down the 4x attack so it's not very useful anymore.

Ghost does cast Thundara, but it sucks because of the whole undead thing, and Hazer is just generally all around more useful for the Thundara thing, because on top of that you aren't undead, you get instant death protection and some other nifty protections.

I'd say the best rage for the first time you visit the veldt is Marshal/Guard Leader (The boss of the Locke & Moogle scene), he has Wind Slash which tears up enemies in the world of balance, all enemies on the screen, in fact.

Rhodox/Mu is another good one for the first trip through the veldt, he's got snare which can instant-kill lots of enemies in the early world of balance.

Overmind/Oversoul for Elf Fire.

Man, there's just too many to list.

I liked Brawler for stone. It can sometimes cause massive damage.
    Gold Bear for gouge is a good physical.
    Retainer because of the shock ability.

Even though its been said already, Ill say what I use most.

Tyrannosaur: Boost his magic and he can easily deal 9999 to everything on screen.

Yojimbo: This ones cool because it does Leos Shock attack.

Stray Cat: The Cat Scratch attack, even though its supposedly toned down, still deals massive damage. Theres not much arguing with a level 30 Gau hitting for 6000 damage per round.

I mainly use Tyrannosaur for the Meteor but I like to have fun and try all different kinds of rages. Sometimes you can find some pretty interesting ones.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

I laugh when I think of the bomb rage. Like, Gau returns to the party after leaping onto a bomb and he's all like, "Gau learn to explode!" I can just imagine this. Does anyone else find this funny?

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!