Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ...But wait, it has no storyline!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, as Wolf Kano says, XII is the "anti-X" so no wonder the people who love XII's story bash X

And vice-versa
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

The story, I dunno why people are insulting it. I'm only up to the bit where you fight the Elder Wyrm, and the story so far seems pretty cool. You people are just picky >.>

VIERA FTW
    jkhkjg

I am a generation 1 player, I started playing Fianl Fantasy on SNES, starting with FFV, Now I just gotta to Giravegan, in FFXII, and so far the story has been ok, I mean it isn't FFVII or FFVIII, Which are my favs. But it is decent. I am just waiting for FFXIII, Which I have begged my non-ff-playing hubby to get me a PS3 So I can have it. His reply, We will see.

i miss the old magic of adventuring and never wanting to put down the controller
    sparklystrobelights

*take me into the limousine
    draw me into the disco scene
    lookin cool like a fashion queen
    shining bright like a laser beam*
    - dallas superstars : | fast driving |

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Well, as Wolf Kano says, XII is the "anti-X" so no wonder the people who love XII's story bash X

And vice-versa
    That's is very false and wrong.
    If you like X then you should automatically like XII, because...(I don't know). But i like them both equally; mainly because of Auron and i was amazed by the battle system of X at the time. XII has Basch who is like an understudy of Auron. More like an Auron in training.
    Ashe is kinda sexy in her ways. But anyway, i really like this story and how it's vaguely similar to IV's storyline and most of the stuff in XII is based off that game if i'm not correct.

I've been noticing it for a month now!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Ok the story sucks, it doesnt drags u in the game like 7,8, and 10 (i hate 9)...the gameplay is addictive and the graphics are very good, its still a good game, but ff has lost its fire

Quote Originally Posted by isidro View Post
    Ok the story sucks, it doesnt drags u in the game like 7,8, and 10 (i hate 9)...the gameplay is addictive and the graphics are very good, its still a good game, but ff has lost its fire
    I hate it when people make terrible comments like this, without any backup. You can't just say 'the story sucks' without no evidence. Only because there isn't as much cinematic time as the other FF's, doesn't mean the story is not worth following.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I hate it when people make terrible comments like this, without any backup. You can't just say 'the story sucks' without no evidence. Only because there isn't as much cinematic time as the other FF's, doesn't mean the story is not worth following.
    shut up ff12 story=star wars rip off

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    shut up ff12 story=star wars rip off
    OK, first of all--don't ever say shut up to me.
    Second of all, you gotta learn how to prove a point instead of saying that it's a 'Star wars' rip off, when you can't even support your claim.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

isidro, we do not permit rudeness to other members. Telling them to shut up and then making an unsupported claim to justify it is not something we tolerate here, don't do it again.

Hazzard, it is not necessary to respond to such posts. Simply warn the posts and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    isidro, we do not permit rudeness to other members. Telling them to shut up and then making an unsupported claim to justify it is not something we tolerate here, don't do it again.

Hazzard, it is not necessary to respond to such posts. Simply warn the posts and move on.
    sorry mate

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I actually liked this about XII, the fact that is a homage to Star Wars. It gets pretty darn close at points but not enough to be a ripoff, just enough to be a thing done in honor of the series who put sci-fi - and fantasy - back in fashion.

Times were pretty dreary and boring for geekdom before Star Wars 1 brought back robots, spaceships and Princesses back to the movie theaters. I know, I'm almost that old (shut up Ren you will tell your secret age)!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

FFXII story is fine. My first FF was 10 and I still like this one. I've also played I and VII so you could say I'm experienced from all 'generations'. XII is innonative and new. So obviously some people aren't going to like it.

Shame on you for not being able to handle change.

FF12 rules and that's all there is to it! And this is coming from a Generation 2 gamer!
    PS: All FFs- from 6 onwards at least- pay homage to Star Wars. Biggs and Wedge are characters from the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

When since was Biggs and Wedge in XII? I still haven't noticed them. A trend has been hung and rotted to mere coils of dust, and slowly evaporated into the nigh of the winds. (basically they stopped it).