Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WoW

WoW

I know this game has been around for a while, but I just got into it over my reading week, and I can see why it's so popular.

So what has everyone else's experience with the game been?

And is there an EoFF guild?

I played it for about a week. The solo grind just got too tedious. I hated it being more efficient to be alone when exping then not, really the only reason I needed any other people was for instances and some really harder quests. Over all though my paladin was fairly self-sufficient while grinding.
    This space intentionally left blank.

well yeah paladins rock

i had the game since october, when a couple of my friends pressured me into getting it....i had hardware issues almost immediately....anyway, i upgraded to BC when it came out, liked it....the game itself is boring to me unless i play with friends...

recently my comp would crash whenever i tried to load up the game...i did some tweaking, uninstalled it, and upon trying to reinstall my comp crashed....i don't know what's going on so i just left it.
    anyway my videocard is toast now, so i'm not sure what i'll do yet

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    I played it for about a week. The solo grind just got too tedious. I hated it being more efficient to be alone when exping then not, really the only reason I needed any other people was for instances and some really harder quests. Over all though my paladin was fairly self-sufficient while grinding.
    Well yeah, but that's because pallies are PvE E-Zmode. I don't know any other class I can take on 3 +2 level mobs and come out the other side, alive, without even having used all my cooldowns. Warriors can if they pop Retribution with a good 2-hander, but that's a half hour cooldown.

Pallies are slow as hell to level, but they're by far the safest class to play in that regard. Hell, I've survived aggroing Mor'Ladim when I was level 28 in the middle of fighting something else. Bubble ftw!

I like WoW. I'm starting to get into Rogues now, they're pretty cool actually. But I like Warriors the most, and I'm pretty good with them too. (Was kinda famous for awhile on US-VeCo for being a staff-using warrior xD People I'd never even met before were like "Hey, it's Ishago!")

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Well yeah, but that's because pallies are PvE E-Zmode. I don't know any other class I can take on 3 +2 level mobs and come out the other side, alive, without even having used all my cooldowns. Warriors can if they pop Retribution with a good 2-hander, but that's a half hour cooldown.
    I've done that as a mage. Granted, I nearly died and it isn't something I'm likely to try anytime in the near future, but I have done it before. I suppose you meant the ease in which a paladin can do it though. So yeah, Paladins bah.

I play a mage and a warlock, both gnomes, on Deathwing. It's fun sometimes.

Well, it's not so much a guild as it is a few of us on the same server, but me, enano, Jowy and Doomgaze all play on Draka.

I have a level 38 Blood Elf priest atm, so if you wanna play with us, you gotta roll horde. Which is just a common sense thing, really, cause Alliance sucks. *nods*

For the horde!
    lol signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Which is just a common sense thing, really, cause Alliance sucks. *nods*
    This is an example of what to say if you want to be horribly wrong.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

WoW really comes down to a "do quest, get item" MMO, which works for it, since Blizzard can do anything and wind up succeeding. It's good stuff, and is quick in leveling compared to other MMOs, but it's just terribly boring once you finish all of the 60-only quests. I haven't gotten TBC, and I don't plan on it.

Also, it costs money. I can't afford that.

To be completely sure of what's going on, simply change the above statement from "horribly wrong" to "insanely correct."

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    WoW really comes down to a "do quest, get item" MMO, which works for it, since Blizzard can do anything and wind up succeeding. It's good stuff, and is quick in leveling compared to other MMOs, but it's just terribly boring once you finish all of the 60-only quests. I haven't gotten TBC, and I don't plan on it.
    It's also a "find a group, do an instance/raid, associate with people from across the world" MMO. WoW, while it can be a strictly solo game, is not built for it. Most of the fun lies in the end-game instances and raids.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

"Find group, do instance" falls under "do quest, get item."

End game instances also fall under "level 60-only."

If I wanted to associate with people across the globe, I'd either go play Starcraft, or foreign exchange programs. You meet a surprising amount of Koreans and Mexicans on USEast. I can only imagine the Asia servers.

EDIT: LOL, the advertisement right now is a WoW ad: gold and power leveling, cheaper faster!
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 02-28-2007 at 08:12 PM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Well, it's not so much a guild as it is a few of us on the same server, but me, enano, Jowy and Doomgaze all play on Draka.

I have a level 38 Blood Elf priest atm, so if you wanna play with us, you gotta roll horde. Which is just a common sense thing, really, cause Alliance sucks. *nods*

For the horde!
    + Chemical and Misfit, and I think Araciel now.

Damn, we're cool. 8-)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Horde were so awesome until Belfs. Now the two factions are pretty much equal - two sucky and three great races each.

Find me something that trumps a Gnome rogue, however, and I shall salute you.

Right now I have a level 16 Night Elf Rouge and play with a buddy on the Khaz Modan server under the name Ravenac.

Perhaps if I start up a Horde character I'll scope you chumps an chumpettes out.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

up to level 50 (Warrior) on the account I am playing for my friend.

I still find it incredibly boring.

not the most tedious MMO. But definetly awful still.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

Um play a druid :P Well they are the best for outlands right now. Bear is pprolly the best tanks atm. I think it's so funny, I was lvl 54 in outlands and I was killing the 58-62 mobs so easily while i'd see 60's dying. Maybe i'm just a sweet druid. Maybe it's the whole eating faces thing.

DRUIDS FTW!

Maybe I should start something on Draka. Azjol-Nerub is getting incredibly full.