Thread: What would you have done?

Default What would you have done?

Last night I was lvling my mnk down in Crawlers nest. Everything was just peachy till we got an agro...managed to kill it then got another agro which killed our mage but we still managed to kill it then ANOTHER agro after that.
    On the third agro I decided to not engage so I wouldnt take hate so I could call for a raise once the other guy died. Well the party I was in didnt like that idea so they kicked me! So instead of calling a raise I just left them there.

so the topic is: 1) would you kick a player for not engaging so he/she could call a raise and 2) Have you ever been in a situation like this?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If you explained to them the reason you didn't engage, then you did the right thing, imo.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

If it's apparent that impending doom awaits us I'ld stay back for the prospect of a raise for the others and being one less dead to wait on weakness timer for.

But yeah sounds like that was a bad party if they agroed that many times in a row, what was your puller doing? Running into the room naked shouting, and throwing rocks at everything?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Nothing wrong with what you did. Ive done something similar too.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I'd be pissed off at the party, for not picking a good camp.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Usually I can tell when an aggro means doom and when it doesn't. If it means doom then I just let the people die. No reason to have more needless death just so they could live another few seconds.

That didn't sound like a very good party, anyway.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I think the party was stupid for kicking you, now they have even less of a chance of surviving against the 3rd aggro.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I'd be pissed off at the party, for not picking a good camp.

Agreed. Especially in the Crawler's Nest where you really need to be careful when looking for a good camp. Luckily, all the parties I had in the Crawler's Nest have been successful.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

You have two choices when this sort of thing happens:

1, Let the clumbsy puller die resulting in just his loss of exp and a little downtime.

2, Fight and risk a full party wipe resulting in everyones loss of exp, less chance of raise and possible disbandees and this means a lot of down time.

The choice is obvious, you shouldn't have to lose exp and time because of someone else's mistake and perhaps unwillingness to deplete their own exp a little (due to their own mistake) to protect everones exp. In my opinion it's quite selfish to expect everyone to risk their exp and time for yours.

If someones pulls an extra mob that we are not able to handle in my parties I expect them to sacrifice themself, just as I do when I'm pulling.

Though this is what I think, if everyone else engages I would just join them and seal my own fate. Since you said "I just left them there" I'm going to assume they all wiped, if that's so you were the only one not to engage. Even though it's a smart move and you meant well, I imagine it looked pretty bad which is why they kicked you. Next time you have a rather dodgey puller explain to him that if he pulls another link you are not going to engage.

Something similar happened to a party I was in about a month ago. We were waiting for our full party to meet us in Caedarva Mire. There were only 3 of us there at the moment. SAM, WAR and PLD (me). While we were waiting we got an aggro from an Imp that was about a football field away. It was stupid but we engaged it anyways.

We got it down to about 10% health when it decided to silence both abilities and magic use. I was at about 50% health and it casted a spell knocking me to about 20% or less. I still couldnt heal and our mages werent there yet. It kept attacking me even after the SAM and WAR used their WSs. Once I was at about 5% (it was VERY close to that) I turned my back. It hit me once and then I started to run. The SAM hit it once more and gained hate. The Imp attacked the SAM who was near full health (as was the WAR too) and they defeated it.

The SAM kinda got mad though and said something like: "The tank runs away leaving us?" I explained that I was about to die and I ran so they could get hate and no one would die. They understood right away and acknowledged that that was the right thing to do.

Moral of the story: Communucation is always the best. If someone gets mad about something you do, explain to them why you did it and if they understand that it was the right choice, then everything should be fine.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Now you know what you must do for PLD - buy some echo drops.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

You did the right thing and they were stupid for booting you...i mean its not like you fled the scene and left everyone to die...

kinda reminds me of that time my brother got kicked from a pty after accidently calling for help once about an hour into it >.>

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Lol >_> c4h on a 40% Vrtra after like 2 hours of fighting and see how much your LS likes you. That happened to someone in my friends HNMLS lol. They didn't kick the guy but he's branded for life.

Apparently for some odd reason he didn't think that if you called for help on adds, while being in the alliance, Vrtra would also go c4h. LESSON LEARNED! XD
    Too big.

I don't know dod ... it's a two edged sword ... if you didn't say anything letting them know, then you could be (in their eyes) culpable. I understand your train of thought, where you're come'n from, but even if you had'nt said anything, i still don't think that it would deserve getting kick'd from the party. But different people do things differently, maybe if you get them in ur party you can boot them ... :evilking:
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.