Thread: The Playstation 3 home

Default The Playstation 3 home

Think about this.... Mii + Achievments= Playstation Home.

nice.... I hope there is some truth to this rumor (Which their might be since Sony asked Kotaku not to post it or they would blackball them. Then Kotaku got Blackballed. Then they got Un-Blackballed....)

Edit: Looks like it is real! Some one found the patnet for it and a logo.

Just going to point ous some highlights for those to lazy to click links.

Basically, you get to make an avatar for your console (like a Mii) and this avatar has a room. As you play games and accomplish certain tasks, you will receive items with which to adorn the room that are specific to the game (achievements). The kicker is that this is going to be a new requirement for every PS3 game...
    An inside source close to Sony made a post on the IGN boards a few weeks ago talking about a new feature that Sony would be implementing. At the moment the feature is dubbed "Home", and Sony has even secured a patent and logo for the name. The poster commented that this new Home feature would create a virtual home located in a virtual town, populated by the people on your buddy list. Your buddies can go inside your house when your PS3 is online, and you can go inside their house.

Your home will act as a storage of trophies, achievements, and other rewards that can be viewed by anyone on your buddy list. But, the most crucial aspect to the asset is that it'll let people listen to audio on your HDD and watch videos from your HDD (you make the audio/video public or private). You'll be able to play a host of mini-games like cards with your friends, and also have the virtual TV in your home display a video in your PS3. Lastly, the poster suggests that you can walk outside of your house and visit the Virtual Theater (you'll get movie clips/videos here) and visit the Virtual Arcade.

A NeoGAF forum member by the name of Gofreak discovered the logo, the patent, and a lengthy description that Sony filed for. At this moment, it's looking like "Home" is the real deal -- we just have to wait a few days until Sony gives us the full details on what sounds to be one amazing feature
    Home's Logo.
    Last edited by Slicksword45; 03-02-2007 at 04:38 AM.
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Sounds pretty neat. I wonder if Nintendo will do something like that, too, since they already have the whole buddy list/Mii/always online thing going.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Kotaku got into a bunch of trouble about this.

Sucks that this information got leaked early, takes a lot of punch out of whateer announcements they were gonna make next week. Cool idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Kotaku got into a bunch of trouble about this.

Sucks that this information got leaked early, takes a lot of punch out of whateer announcements they were gonna make next week. Cool idea though.
    I know. Good thing they made up with sony though.
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Looks like something worthwhile, I never bother with that stuff though.

Blog Entries

Seems pretty cool. If I ever get a PS3, something as customizable as this sounds like one of the features I'd play with all day.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I got a membership to a "Gaming Panel" on the Playstation Underground (Sony's site) when I registered my PS3. I wonder if that is going to be my console's "home"
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Cool.

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    I got a membership to a "Gaming Panel" on the Playstation Underground (Sony's site) when I registered my PS3. I wonder if that is going to be my console's "home"
    Uhhh... I think thats just a e-mail thing...
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Bummer!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I think this is a ****ing cool idea, you get achievements but they actually do something and I know jack **** about the Mii

Imagine beating Omega Weapon and having his doll sitting in your home (sorta like the pirate den from FFXII)

and I don't give and flying rat's ass if it's a ripoff or not, other console(and correct me if I am wrong) ripped off the PS2's vertical stand, L3/R3 and DVD player and besides isn't the whole point of progress is to take other's ideas and improve them