Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im so dissappointed in this one but also happy =D

Unhappy im so dissappointed in this one but also happy =D

i cant belive that they have taken away the old time system of standing around it means to much hard work and it reminds me of kingdom hearts in away. but the only postive to this is that it is good graphics seems to have a good story so far (im only 7 hours into the game lol) and the battle system all ways makes you have to be doing something lol. im only upto the levainthan airship bit can anyone tell me if they are more into the game do you get to summon on this one or not because that is what made 10-2 so boring for me because i didnt get to see any summon or anything! well what are your appoions on this ???

p.s NO SPAMMING! thanks!

yes you will obtain espers throughout the game, some unavoidable and some are optional

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

They're not too good in combat though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

The summons are more of a collector's item than an actual tactic to employ in battle, exempting the situations where special conditions are met for particular espers; it is really only at this point that the espers are worth even bothering with.

In other words, they suck. Their animations and art design are superb, but their performance in battle is quite sad.

cant belive that they have taken away the old time system of standing around it means to much hard work
    This is a complaint about the battle system, yes?

but the only postive to this is that it is good graphics seems to have a good story so far (im only 7 hours into the game lol) and the battle system all ways makes you have to be doing something lol.
    First, that's three positives. So "the only positive" doesn't work.
    Second, you complained about the battle system and then you praised it.

Final Fantasy XII is a good game if you do not compare it to the others. However, if you can't resist comparing it to the rest of the series, it is an amazing game.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    i cant belive that they have taken away the old time system of standing around it means to much hard work and it reminds me of kingdom hearts in away. but the only postive to this is that it is good graphics seems to have a good story so far (im only 7 hours into the game lol) and the battle system all ways makes you have to be doing something lol. im only upto the levainthan airship bit can anyone tell me if they are more into the game do you get to summon on this one or not because that is what made 10-2 so boring for me because i didnt get to see any summon or anything! well what are your appoions on this ???

p.s NO SPAMMING! thanks!
    ..You know why you didn't see any summons in X-2, so why act disappointed?

Ya know, when you are usually in a battle, do you really expect monsters to let you stand there while you try and think of a move to him them with?

No, hence why FFXII has decided to give us the best battle system to date.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    Ya know, when you are usually in a battle, do you really expect monsters to let you stand there while you try and think of a move to him them with?
    Yes, you're right, usually when I'm in a battle after school with monsters and such, they just keep attacking me.
    ..I mean come on, this IS a GAME...

And because it is a game, it can have ATB battles, and it doesn't bother me at all if battles come randomly and you can think before you make a move.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Espers (FFXII Summons) are useful for when too many weak enemies gang up on your party, but almost useless against bosses.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Espers are useful as long as you don't expect them to waltz in and lay waste to everything like in FFVIII and FFX. You actually have to protect them. Renimiri is right about one of their uses. They are also good when you want to level one character really quickly.

Besides, Exodus and Chaos are incredibly useful since one is non-elemental and the other can use all the elements (except for earth if I remember correctly.) Ultima is pretty good too, which is good since it's damn near impossible to meet the requirements to use her ultimate attack. I have yet to get Zodiark though...

They're useful, they're just not the "end all, be all" like in past games.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    They're not too good in combat though.
    Espers are pretty good when you go to an area you aren't strong enough for right after getting one and there happen to be these wolf monsters that like to stick in groups of threes and there's no way you can take them on without getting slaughtered or having to fight for an hour, so just summon belias and woohoo!

ultima is pretty worthwhile, dealing out damage in the range of several nines 8)
    Although that might change depending on the monsters xD

What are the requirements for her finishing move?

If you are talking about the finishing move for espers. Then you have to know that the ones that you get in the storyline which are Mateus, Belias, Hashmal, Famfrit, Shemhazai, their moves activate when your HP is low and the summoning time is less than 10 seconds. The optional espers have special way of doing their best move, like you need to have like a certain status effect or something like that. And to activate Ultima's move, you and her need to have critical HP

I liked them better in past FFs where you just summoned them, and they came and attacked once.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only Esper I found useful was Belias, because he could totally annihilate everything (SPOILER)(lol goodbye Vossler) after you get him, but after that they started becoming useless.

Too bad they couldn't be as powerful as when you fight them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For Ultima, both Ultima and the summoner have to be at critical health. First off, it's pretty hard to even damage Ultima, if you actually run into something that can, chances are neither her or her summoner are going to live long enough to cast it...

The others...

Exodus: Cast Immobolize on him when there is only 10 seconds (one orb) left in his timer.

Zalera: Opponent must have 30% left of his health.

Hashmal: Summoner must be in critical condition.

Zodiark: Summoner must have stone effect on them.

The rest will atuomatically use their Summon attacks when the timer is close to 10 seconds or their health is low...

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I never got Zalera to do one of the attacks he did to my party in my battle with him (the one where a creepy face shows up) yet I get his finishing move often.

Zalera, Zeromus and Adrammelecht rule!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs: