Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FF Tactics PSP Details Announced

Default New FF Tactics PSP Details Announced

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1083.html

Square Enix today revealed some new details regarding the PlayStation Portable version of Final Fantasy Tactics. According to producer Akitoshi Kawazu, the game's balance was deliberately left unchanged. Making use of the PlayStation Portable's wireless connectivity features, the development team has implemented a versus mode and cooperative play. These modes will offer certain exclusive features, such as special items and traps.
    Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi no Sensou will be available in Japan on May 10th for 4,800 yen ($40.08 US).

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I dont even have a PSP and will prolly buy this.

Yup Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War

Here's The Trailer...
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=30831

Too bad they still don't talk, text gets annoying after a while

I have been waiting for this for eons. I stated when PSPs first came out that I would only buy one if they remade FFT for it. Guess what I just bought on Ebay.

If the battle system is what it is from Tactics, I'm gonna buy one. If it isn't. I'm gonna take a dump on it.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The online support will be its shining feature if the developers spend a fruitful amount of time on it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Wee looks to be the exact same as FFT. I'm buying one! =D

The party character limit is being enlarged. Thats awesome.

Wow, right on my birthday too

I must get it for the sake of cooperative play with my friends

well i can't wait for this game, however, i have recently been playing tactics and would like a few things changed, like: no permanent death for non-main characters...i hate it, no waiting time to use magic, aaaaaand i can't remember the rest, but these are the main two...anybody agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Krod91 View Post
    well i can't wait for this game, however, i have recently been playing tactics and would like a few things changed, like: no permanent death for non-main characters...i hate it, no waiting time to use magic, aaaaaand i can't remember the rest, but these are the main two...anybody agree?
    I agree. The charge time for spells made them rather useless for me; I relied on a chemist (or a character with chemist skill+throw) for healing, and archers for long range attacks. Permanent death sucks noodles, causing me to restart so as not to lose my best characters. I'm also glad they're re-balancing certain aspects of the game (namely Cid) and adding more characters and classes (Balthier!)

apologies for my ignorance, but what is 're-balancing'? And in response to that, i too restart my game OVER and OVER and bloody OVER to stop from losing my good people...

EDIT: forget about the 're-balancing' thing, im hip to your jive...im pickin up what you're puttin' down
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 05-09-2007 at 01:14 PM.

This may have been reported already, but according to the japanese trailers for the re-release not only will Balthier be in, but so will one of the main characters from FFTA-2.

Also, you can check out some of the dark knights attacks, which look pretty powerful.

Can't wait for this game to be re-released in the U.S. If i were in Japan i'd have it today

Greatest Game of All-Time.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I've had it preordered at Play-Asia, so it should be arriving fairly soon.

Unfortunately, there have been reports of it being an awful port. Nothing to get all upset about until we try it ourselves, but there's apparently issues with slow downs, and poor music and sound effect quality.

There's a video out there that shows some of the slow down.

Video: Final Fantasy Tactics Inferior On PSP

Some guy's quick review of it: RPGFan :: View topic - Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

well, i dont like to brag or anything, but i have the japanese psp game XD im not too good at reviewing, but from what i can see so far, its pretty much the same as the ps1 version (besides the obvious changes). Havent got as far as balthier or any of the new classes yet, but its surprising how easy it is to play in japanese once you know what's going on. i've skipped all the cutscenes and not watched the new cell shaded ones (im saving that for the US/AUS release) but from what i saw, they look great. The game can get a little slow at times, but nothing to get upset about. Unfortunately the port brought the bad things with the good and there are still waiting times for magic/charge attacks, and permanent death. As i said before, i'm only on about my fourth battle, but feel free to ask me any questions about it and i will try to answer them

Some things are just stupid though, but they were present in the ps1 tactics as well, like how you cant hit a person with an arrow if your person is standing in front of them, i mean, i know its realistic, but come on, its FF for cryin out loud. I'd like to add that i LOVED the gba game...but thats a story for another day

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2412 View Post
    This may have been reported already, but according to the japanese trailers for the re-release not only will Balthier be in, but so will one of the main characters from FFTA-2.

Also, you can check out some of the dark knights attacks, which look pretty powerful.

Can't wait for this game to be re-released in the U.S. If i were in Japan i'd have it today
    You are correct, and this has been reported already :P the character from final fantasy tactics A2 (for DS) is Luso, whom i also havent come across yet...

Edit by Psychotic: Krod91, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button if you have something else you'd like to bring to the discussion. Thank you!