Thread: Calling for help.

Default Calling for help.

I just wondered if there is an etiquette here that's gone over my head?

I was duoing in Korroloka tunnel with a mate the other day, and we got ourselves into a spot of bother, largely because I hit the wrong macro a couple of times!

Anyway, as it became apparent the bats were going to get the better of us, I called for help as there was a party of 6 who weren't fighting anything standing right next to me. However, they just stood there and watched, the damn bats needed only needed one more hit too.

I felt aggrieved by the lack of aid received as I am always the first to chuck a couple of cures at someone or get stuck into a fight if someone calls for help.

Meh, I'm just ranting, probably because I delevelled and it pissed me off. There is a lot of competition in Korroloka for worms as they give good exp and are easy to off, and it just seemed they let us die to have one less party to contend with.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Most were probably AFK >_> usually depending on your level, if there's a C4H on a mob, people home in on it to gang rape it for kicks. People that ignore C4H especially a whole pt are arse hats and should be dragged out into the street and shot. (if they weren't AFK that is, if they were well, nothing they can do really >_>)
    Too big.

Dont know if you checked them or not butif they were gil sellers, they wouldnt have helped you no matter what.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Im always finding my self helping new players with beastmen agros and the like. I do agree that I feel shamed if I ever call for help and no one comes, specially if someone is right there.

and like it was mentioned before...if they were gil sellers you wont get help from them for nothing.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

They were afk/evil/stupid.

I know the feeling anyway, people suck sometimes on FFXI

Quote Originally Posted by dodhungry View Post
    and like it was mentioned before...if they were gil sellers you wont get help from them for nothing.
    Untrue, our party was PL'd by a gil farmer once. Of course, I didn't know this till afterwards.
    jkhkjg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would help someone who called for help, as long as I noticed <,<. If I'm in a battle, stuff scrolls past too fast for me to notice, and I don't pay attention to the radar a lot :p.

I don't usually call for help myself. Usually, there are no one nearby who can help me fast enough.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post

Untrue, our party was PL'd by a gil farmer once. Of course, I didn't know this till afterwards.
    Thats because there was probably another gilseller in your party, they do not help people that aren't sitting next to them. It's their job to do what they do, not make friends and waste time power leveling random people.

It was Korroloka tunnel, most likely a party of new-gilsellers, they tend to like leveling there to get powerleveled while the powerleveler is looking for the poppable NM, Morion Worm.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll always help if I'm nearby and think I can take it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post

Thats because there was probably another gilseller in your party, they do not help people that aren't sitting next to them. It's their job to do what they do, not make friends and waste time power leveling random people.

It was Korroloka tunnel, most likely a party of new-gilsellers, they tend to like leveling there to get powerleveled while the powerleveler is looking for the poppable NM, Morion Worm.
    I don't know why there would have to be another gil seller in the party ... i've been in party's where they pass a collection plate around, to pay for a gil seller to power level you ... (you know ... X amount of $$ per person per hour ....) but true i've never met a gil seller and had them ask to put me on their f-list.

Also i've seen alot of that , when you call for help no one comes to your aid ... alot of it from what i've seen is because there could be a link and wipe the whole party out ... they're play'n it safe than sorry.
    Esp in alot of higher level area's where the mobs pop right on top of you and aggro almost instantly.

Either way it sux to know there is someone right there and worst yet have them watch you as you valiantly try to save your own a$$ and think in the back of your mind they're gett'n some sick jolly outta that ; ;
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

The fact they might have been gil sellers never even crossed my mind!

More of you guys should be on Siren!