Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY!

I believe Ouch! (Zaphier) does not play FFXI anymore due to it "sucking the life out of him". Also, I have just recently canceled my account due to no interest and the fact that end-game sucks.

Sometimes I wonder, why the hell I even bother to turn up to Dynamis, Sky, KS99, or whatever other events we usually do. Especially when my time zone makes it really difficult to spend 5 hours on 3 days a week, doing them!

Anyways, I will probably be back. XD

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

lets go Pandemonium, midgar has all the losers

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I believe Ouch! (Zaphier) does not play FFXI anymore due to it "sucking the life out of him". Also, I have just recently canceled my account due to no interest and the fact that end-game sucks.

Sometimes I wonder, why the hell I even bother to turn up to Dynamis, Sky, KS99, or whatever other events we usually do. Especially when my time zone makes it really difficult to spend 5 hours on 3 days a week, doing them!

WTF? Was that a quote of something I said or did you actually just say that?

OMG im happy, when i saw Yeargdribble was the next to post i thought "here comes a warning" but now theres no warning i am HAPPY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post

WTF? Was that a quote of something I said or did you actually just say that?
    Nah, I had been thinking about this for a few weeks. Especially after I had played the LotR Online closed beta -- not that I want to buy it though, as it's a WoW copy with a Middle Earth setting.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

<3 SE windower now I can stop fearing my account got the ban stick for wanting to code EoFF pages while LFG >_>;;;

Titan server has me and Jalbrean on it. I'm sure there's others but they don't post on the server thread.
    Too big.

I dont know... to me, personally, I still think this game has alot of life left. I did my first Dynamis about 3 weeks ago and we literally had about 75-80 people in there. It was crazy. We'd start fighting and the monsters hp bar would disappear within 2 seconds. When time ran out none of us could believe why we didnt finish it.

Ah well, we did get wiped by the NM though. That was fun.
    When we all raised up we had 2 minutes left to kill it and (rough guess) about 80% of us were still weakened.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

can only have 64 people in the zone!! /punts

EDIT: at least I think anyways, never seen a 64 and over dynamis in 4 years of playing >_> I know CoP is 36 max. I assume RoZ Dynamis is 64.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I dont know... to me, personally, I still think this game has alot of life left. I did my first Dynamis about 3 weeks ago and we literally had about 75-80 people in there. It was crazy. We'd start fighting and the monsters hp bar would disappear within 2 seconds. When time ran out none of us could believe why we didnt finish it.

When we all raised up we had 2 minutes left to kill it and (rough guess) about 80% of us were still weakened.
    Actually non-CoP Dynamis zones cap at 64 people (normal CoP 32, Tavnazia 18) A mob's HP going down in moments isn't really anything special. My D shell is probably the 2nd best on Fenrir and we generally run with 30-40 people and tend do full clears of All but Windy out of the cities. Full clear meaning fight through the boss and then fighting a nearly full repop of the zone. It's almost appalling in Bastok sometime as we finish the boss and the repops and end up dropping out glasses because we still have 10 minutes left on the glass with nothing left to kill.

I've actually found in the past that bigger dynamis shells sucked more. The more people that are there the more people that are likely to do something stupid and cause problems. It's all zerg and lack of strategy, but you can't expect much more from beginning D shells.

Just because there are a large number of people participating in your Dynamis isn't an indication that the populations are high. It's more like the fact that most people are 75 these days. However, there are less people in the 40-60 range it seems and it's undeniable that the overall population of the servers has dropped. Comparing /sea all number now to /sea all numbers 2 years ago it's a substantial difference.

While I think the game still has some years in it, it is not doing as well as it has in the past.

My latest theory is that perhaps SE is trying to make people trust them now as their new MMORPG comes up. Much of the endgame community of FFXI has stated they will not play another SE game because of how shabbily this one was managed. However, perhaps SE is trying to win some confidence by stepping up to the plate in the last years of FFXI so the FFXI fans will consider trying their new MMO.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Y wants us to quit FFXI and join WoW ;o he's on a rampage.
    Too big.

Nah. The differences between the 2 games are vast. Many of the things I prefer about WoW are subjective things. Those could go either way for most people depending entirely on personal taste.

However, I do think the players should be open to understanding the less subjective issues about how poorly SE runs their game. The FFXI community is similar to a battered wife. No matter how badly she is treated she says, "But I know he really loves me." Sometimes they refuse to look at the situations and think, "Wow, her husband doesn't beat her... maybe it's not so normal."

SEs apathy seems contagious and the players catch it and end up making excuses for SE (I know because I've done it for the last 2 years). They often defend the indefensible. Hopefully SE will realize what's necessary to really run an MMORPG correctly. If, after sometime, I feel that the changes are a little more sincere and SE stays on the path they are currently on, I will considering playing their next MMO. This is something I had written off a while back because I was afraid they would make the same mistakes (and stick stubbornly by them) that they'd made in FFXI. But considering they are mending their ways, perhaps they will be able to produce a decent game after all.

If the game wasn't filled with ridiculous flaws that fanboys constantly make excuses for, it wouldn't be a real FF game.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just like being a pirate >_>
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post

Actually non-CoP Dynamis zones cap at 64 people (normal CoP 32, Tavnazia 18) A mob's HP going down in moments isn't really anything special. My D shell is probably the 2nd best on Fenrir and we generally run with 30-40 people and tend do full clears of All but Windy out of the cities. Full clear meaning fight through the boss and then fighting a nearly full repop of the zone. It's almost appalling in Bastok sometime as we finish the boss and the repops and end up dropping out glasses because we still have 10 minutes left on the glass with nothing left to kill.

I've actually found in the past that bigger dynamis shells sucked more. The more people that are there the more people that are likely to do something stupid and cause problems. It's all zerg and lack of strategy, but you can't expect much more from beginning D shells.
    I stand corrected on that. I kinda thought up a semi accurate number but I didnt know Dyn had a limit. All I knew is that there were too many people in it. It was also a new LS like you mentioned and he was recruiting people for it (Dynamis-Sandy). I equipped it and saw pages and pages of people (again, figure of speech). All in all, less people would have been better. It was kinda laggy and the items were getting lotted by 30-40 people at a time. Things were getting lotted by people that werent even showing up on my screen cause there were so many people in the area at once.

The monsters themselves werent all that tough and Id like to go back with less people, say about 18-24 or so. Id at least get to see whos doing what. The LS leader was saying, follow "so-and-so" but I couldnt even see "so-and-so" to follow him.

Anyways, I dont think FFXI is dying, I just think alot of people started playing it and quit due to the difficulty of beginning. Most stay but alot quit. No problem though. It will last for another few years, I imagine.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Dynamis is boring after the 15th run or so, defenately for Xarcabard. There are a hell of a lot of people in end-game that quite all the time, simply because it sucks -- everything's botted, doing something over and over again for at least a year and not getting much (if anything) in return, just doesn't feel right either...

Anyways, I might not play a MMO until something like Aion or Age of Conan, or even perhaps SE's new one comes out. Aion is really taking my eye though! LotR just didn't do it for me, played out too much like WoW does (though I only played closed beta). =P