Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The HP System

how your Vaan be level 31 and have that amount of HP.
    I think I'm doing something wrong because my Vaan has exactly the same and he's level 35...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

thats strange, i think the hp system is random must be i mean i thought being that level my HP would be higher than it is!

Hmm, you might just have more augments on or certain *raise HP* weapons/armour on. Cause i don't have any of that on except the augments!

that must be the reason, i have learned all of the HP Licenses and thats how much HP i got at that level? seems rather low to me i dunno what to think if the level up system is random with HP increase??

ok i just levelled up im level 33 with vann and he gained 40 hp as he levelled up i mean a lousy 40??? is this right, or am i just using the wrong equipment to give me more of a boost as i level up?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

HP does not make that much of a difference in XII. Armor, Accessories and buffer spells do: Bravery, Fayth, Protect, Shell, Bubble.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Aaaah it seems our puzzle is solved, so i'm not a guy who's struggling with HP!!!

yeh im glad to know my HP isnt struggling too, but still on the topic it seems to me that everyones HP is diffrent at the same levels, so it is random by the looks of it, oh well its just like FF9 the HP was random on that game too!

Vaan is 33 now in my second playthrough.
    He has around 2200-2300 hp with all HP augments.

If there is a random element to HP growth in XII, I think it is very small...
    Say... on your level up, if it was random the range would only be a few HP.... 37-42hp maybe and you got 40.
    I don't think its that large if there is a random factor.

Defense value(can greatly reduce damage taken)
    Magic resist(the highest mystic helm, i think it cuts spell damage in half)
    Bubble(double HP!)
    Protect/Shell(haven't looked at hard stats or anything, but I think they are 30% reduction?)

All of those play a big part. HP growth is kinda small, and as mentioned, even at 99 with light armor, you are barely going to scratch 7500, maybe 8000 with basch maybe.... ashe/fran are usually lower in max hp. Although that doubles to 15,000hp which isn't too shabby.

thanks for the advice i really appreciate it this is my first time through this game i just arrived in jara and my characters levels are

Vann 36 Fran 29 Ashe 29 Balthier 29 Penelo 29 Basch 29

which isnt that bad, so far this game i think is pretty good, just thought i was doing something wrong with the way levelled up but HP doesnt seem that important so all good!

Hmmm wonder if my chars can beat yours:

Vaan- 38
    Fran- 31
    Basch- 31
    Ashe- 30
    Balthier- 30
    Penelo- ...20

I'm in the second temple place-i think it's time to level up mainstream, cause if you're at Jahara for your 1st time and your at those levels that worries me...But I'm far from struggling with the fiends, they're as easy as eating apple crumble!!!