Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worse one type party in the game? (4 of the same)

Pfft. The worst four character part is easily 4 Thieves. Once you get to level 10 or higher a four black belt party becomes very easy and pretty powerful. The thieves will always suck until they turn to ninjas. But by then the 4 Black Belts will still be more powerful. The ninjas will just have better defense. Which doesn't really matter. The BB hp is so high that it pretty much makes up for it.

Oh and before any bring up the fact that the thieves run better. I already know this. But 4 characters (the BB) have a pretty good chance at running. And running is not gonna help in a boss fight.

If I had to choose between 4 black belts, and 1 black belt, I'd choose one black belt, because you get 4x the EXP and level up much faster, so the BB becomes useful earlier.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

The fact that a single BB is only good offensively, then an all 4 BB party would be able to take any monster down.....if they can do it before the monster in question can attack. They are sitting ducks, consuming their entire supply of potions in the first three levels of a dungion.
    At least with 4 thieves, they become pseudo Knights after class change in the form of Ninjas. They can wear good armor and hit pretty hard after that. Not to mention being able to use low level black magic.
    If both parties were to reach the class change, the handycap on the Thief party would be greatly reduced, while the new Master Party will be just as challenged as before.
    And to those who praise the BB's pure strength, as say this: An offensively strong party is useless if they are all dead.
    God Loves you.
    Christ Died for you.

the three heal items help 4 BBs a lot. Since you can kill anything in one hit, if there are less than 4 badguys, some BBs are using the heal staff/helm while the other few hit.... a lot.

Banned
    Blog Entries

4 thiefs are pretty bad

4 of anything isn't *that* hard, compared to a single character game.

Really, after playing (well, trying, I got bored) a single thief game, you really appreciate the ease with which a 4 character party plays the game.

BB's smell funny, so my vote goes for them. My actual vote would probably be 4 WM, as I'd think you'd run out of heal magic before you could kill a boss. 4 TH would come in 2nd though (if you don't class change).

4 BM seems fairly easy, as does 4 Ninja.
    <----Old Fogey

I donīt get why people think that four BBs would be the worse party... I just heard that Quickling defeated Chaos at level 30, with four BBs.

Four White mages or thiefs must be the worse party.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Why don't you use the spellcasing items on those fights?
    1. Both Water Axes and the Mage staff are found in the Sea Shrine, and thus the probability of not having them is fairly high.

2. 3 shots of Fire2 won't necessarilly kill a ghost, and I'd rather kill one every hit then wait until the second battle to grease them all.

But that's one situation.
    What happens when you have to face Kary and Kraken in the ToF? Unless you get super lucky and they use spells, you're down at least 1 or 2 black belts by the time you reach chaos.

You have to level too high, in my opinion, for a party of 4.
    You get the Zeus gauntlet and a heal helmet in the castle of ordeals. Not fantastic in a ghost fight but not sucky either.

Quote Originally Posted by psyniac_123 View Post
    "Four White Mages? It'll never work." ~ Black Mage, 8-Bit Theatre

I agree with this one, it doesn't matter if the White Mages can heal if they only can heal like 30 HP and can only dish out a whopping 5 damage for most of the game. At least thieves and black belts can fight. Sorta.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

For all you Black Belt haters out there: Have you ever actually played with one?

Sure, their defense may not be the best, but they do have plenty of HP. They require no equipment, and they do about twice the damage of a fighter each turn. I'll admit, my BB did take a sizable amount of damage, but he also dealt a ton. I personally think it was worth the trade-off.

Every character has their strengths and weaknesses. The challenge of a 4-of-one-class party is finding out how to best take advantage of the characters' strengths. 4 BB's can often defeat enemies before they get a chance to do any serious damage.

For this reason, I now believe that the worst party is 4 thieves. Running and weak equipment won't get you very far. Bare fists and a million and one critical hits will.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

four wht mages= death

Articles
    Blog Entries

Four thieves make me want to impale myself with my own fingernail...

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can imagine that four Warriors and four Red Mages would be successful, with four Monks being pretty successful too. I'd worry about White and Black Mages and Thieves though. Spellcasting is rather worthless in FFI, and the Thieves can't just run forever.

I don't understand what people have against Monks.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

4WM oh, the horror, if there's one thing I can't stand its watching a WM trying to take down an enemy.