Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worse one type party in the game? (4 of the same)

Default Worse one type party in the game? (4 of the same)

Obviously its either 4 thieves or 4 black mages... I think we can all assume when upgraded 4 ninjas >>> 4 black wizards, because they get much better defense and attack, and still have fast etc... 4 black wizards would be "glass canons" as they would kill everything really fast but die even faster, and with NO ability to cure... yeah

So I came to the conclusion that 4 Blackmages/wizards is the worse party in the game... anyone agrees?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

EDIT: Yeah, oops. I was working on my site, and I copied the URLs for my local mirror of my site rather than the public one.

Heh, yeah, nothing's worst than a party of four white squares with little red X's in them.

Funny though, anyone woulda thought you'd go for four Black Belts.

Blog Entries

No.

The worst 4 Party group in the game is 4 BBs.

Why?

Well, look at 4 BMs.
    They dominate the early game with magic, from Garland to the Eye (If you skip Kary until later, which you'll pretty much have to do). The water level is a breeze. Tiamat is weak against BANE and BRAK.
    The only hard part about 4 BMs is that usually you'll want to level into the 30s so you will have plenty of nukes for the ToF (revisited).
    And THAT is only hard because you'll fly through the game, ready to enter the ToF, usually, around lv. 20, and picking up 300,000 xtra XP is kind of boring. (Of course, getting to the 30 is only for xtra power. It certainly is not required.)
    Seriously, considering Cat Claws, Ribbons, and Fire2, 4 BMs is easier than 4 WMs.

4 Thieves vs. 4 BBs is the question that needs to be asked.

In the beginning, both of these parties are atrociously bad. However, the BBs worth increases exponentially when he reaches lv. 10.

That will put the BBs over the Astos hurdle around lv. 11 or 12, long before the Thieves will feel comfortable kicking Astos' butt.

Folowing it up, the BBs will have an easier time through the Earth Cave, but things will get hard in the ice cave and the volcano.

You see, BBs can't run, and Thieves can. The BBs are going to start dying heavily, even in the Earth cave. They'll get turned to stone. You'll have to restart over and over again.
    Despite the sheer amount of higher damage, the Thieves, once they acquire the Mystic Key, will have good weapons, better armor, better running skills, and will be at a pretty high level for continuing on, since Astos was so hard.
    BBs win from Astos to Ice Cave.
    Thieves win from Ice Cave to Class change.

And then 4 Ninjas are really cool. If you factor in that the Ninjas can
    A. Run when they have to, whereas BBs sit and take damage when 4 turns are up
    B. Black Magic like FAST, which gives Ninjas the ability to do better damage against higher defense foes
    C. Armor! Ninjas take it like Fighters while BBs will have the same horrible defense thoughout the entire game.

The Ninjas, although it takes 2 turns to kill Kraken, are far better because they all survive the fight, made it to Kraken in the first place, and the BBs are always walking out of the dungeon with 2 dead bodies, if they live that long.

In my opinion, 400 damage is worthless if it can only be inflicted twice against an army of 9 cocatrices or even 5 ghosts.
    Imagine! 5 ghosts! If every BB strikes first, one ghost is still going to hit for 200 damage. 7 Heal potions (waste of time in the item shop), and god forbid they strike forst, or more than one hit the same BB- oh God. When I brought 4 BBs through the water tempkle, I just had to give up on keeping them all alive. It's impossible. I swear, it is the most pathetic party ever.

4 BBs is the absolute worst party. They only look better than thieves at one tiny moment of the game (not much to be proud of) because they take the second longest amount of time to beat Astos, instead of the absolute longest.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Black Belts eptimize suck, so having four would exponentially increase the amount of suck:

BB^4=TEHSUX

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I've never tried having 4 of the same party member, so Unne and Martyr are probably correct here. However, if I had to make a prediction of my own, I'd probably say 4 Thieves are the worst one-type party in the game. At least 4 White Mages can heal.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

In the NES version, 4 Fighters are best, but in DoS you usually need a White Mage (or an item that casts Healara/aga) to keep you alive while you're effectively killing the last boss ten times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    In my opinion, 400 damage is worthless if it can only be inflicted twice against an army of 9 cocatrices or even 5 ghosts.
    Imagine! 5 ghosts! If every BB strikes first, one ghost is still going to hit for 200 damage. 7 Heal potions (waste of time in the item shop), and god forbid they strike forst, or more than one hit the same BB- oh God. When I brought 4 BBs through the water tempkle, I just had to give up on keeping them all alive. It's impossible. I swear, it is the most pathetic party ever.
    Why don't you use the spellcasing items on those fights?

Blog Entries

Why don't you use the spellcasing items on those fights?
    1. Both Water Axes and the Mage staff are found in the Sea Shrine, and thus the probability of not having them is fairly high.

2. 3 shots of Fire2 won't necessarilly kill a ghost, and I'd rather kill one every hit then wait until the second battle to grease them all.

But that's one situation.
    What happens when you have to face Kary and Kraken in the ToF? Unless you get super lucky and they use spells, you're down at least 1 or 2 black belts by the time you reach chaos.

You have to level too high, in my opinion, for a party of 4.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

This is based entirely on hearsay, so I'm not sure as to its validity, but I think it would be 4 black belts.

I heard it from the guy on FF Classic. He was pretty convincing.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

"Four White Mages? It'll never work." ~ Black Mage, 8-Bit Theatre

~-x-~ Psyniac ~-x-~
    Official Rikku Fanboy

i tried a DOS 4BBs and gave up when i got to graland at level 4 and he Kicked my butt
    So i restarted with 4 BMS and burnt his butt.
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

4 Black Mages/Thieves/Black Belts.

Those 3 are really bad, but I can't decide which one is the worst.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    This is based entirely on hearsay, so I'm not sure as to its validity, but I think it would be 4 black belts.

I heard it from the guy on FF Classic. He was pretty convincing.
    That would be Dr Unne.

ANY 4 character party is better than 4 BBs.