Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worse one type party in the game? (4 of the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    Seconded. Four BB's would be dead in two milliseconds from getting beaten to death by everything.

Four White Mages come in a close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."

Four Black Mages come in a runaway first (I can't believe I've gone this entire thread without mentioning that). At least White Mages can keep themselves alive and have more HP, sometimes even more so than my favourite, Red Mage. Black Mages have considerably better offensive power than White Mages, but so do Black Belts, and their fists are way cheaper than FIR2. Sure, Black Belts have the defensive power of a wet paper hankie, but so do Black Mages, the difference is that Black Belts have more HP with which to absorb the same damage.

I'll quote Uncyclopedia once again: The Black Mage is a joke played on rookie FF1 players. (One which people will fall for time and again because they're aesthetically pleasing.)

Nevertheless, in a major stroke of irony, I once found two White Mages and two Black Mages to be an easy run: It was like four Red Mages but with better magic and crappier defense.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-04-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Four Monks - Masters

I mean, they do nothing, and so far, I have only 2 weapons for them. Nanchuka and Iorn Nanchuka

every day i see my dream Bowser's Avatar

I'd say Thieves in the beginning. But probably BB's later in the game.
    eh?

White Mages

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never been convinced that 4 BBs was the worst single-class run through to be honest. Four thieves on the other hand, I can believe. Running doesn't make you stronger, but more HP and the ability to deal more damage does. At least 4 BBs is the cheapest party!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Yeah, I'd say the four BB are the suckiest.

I'm kind of surprised by how many people are saying that four Black Belts/Masters would be the worst party because their defense/armor is low. That may be true, but this can be mitigated in couple of ways:
    1. They have relatively high HP. Only the Fighter/Knight seems to have more.
    2. They'll have ProRings and three will have Ribbons. So effect attacks don't really work. Also, the top one will have the Opal bracelet, which is equal to Flame or Ice armor.
    3. Lastly, it's easy to prevent the need for a ton of heal potions simply by making sure three out of four have heal helmets and a heal staff. It's quite effective to intentionally not kill a weak enemy and simply spend a few rounds healing yourself.

I'd vote for 4 Thieves/Ninjas. It takes forever to level up early on in the game; honestly, it's worse than any other all-class party. Secondly, even after the class change they're never really able to muster any serious killing power, not getting the hits a Master would, nor hitting with the power of a Knight. They do have FAST spells, but that's not something that's really used in a non-boss fight. When I did this class I needed to level up nearly all of the them to 35 or so before I could beat the game. And even then I think I bothered to get one up to 50 just to be sure.
    Last edited by FF1_Geek; 11-06-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    You spoony bard!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

four white mages might not die so fast, but you will run out of spells to cast eventually, and you will spend tons on potions. and you won't kill anything. Having four white mages is like having four fighters in the marsh cave, except for the entire game.