Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are You Reading?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    We have to read 'The Red Badge of Courage' by Stephen Crane at school right now. I hate it. I want to go back to reading Mark Twain and Nathaniel Hawthorne novels.
    I love Mark Twain, but I could not stand Hawthorne. I'm curious as to why people like him. Not saying you're "bad" for liking him, I just don't understand.

But stick with The Red Badge of Courage. It really is one of the most beautifully written novels I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    "East, West, North, South" -- Geir Lundestad. A history of international relations since '45.
    Oddly enough, that sounds really interesting. But I'm a nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami View Post
    I finished reading the Dark Tower series back in November. I know people who were actually very upset about the ending, but I found that it truly was the most fitting and character focused ending the series could have given us. I'd be interested on hearing any other thoughts from those that have also finished that particularly storyline.
    I actually felt the same way about it, even though it turned out to be very painful for me. (SPOILER)I am glad King leaves the option for Roland's salvation, though. If the book ended with Roland doomed like that, I think I might have died a little. Also, I really did love the fact that King tells you the ending isn't what you want, and the only reason you're going on is that you're too curious for your own good. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud_doll View Post
    "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Foer
    I really want to read that. Let us know if it's good?

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrayZ View Post
    About five minutes ago, I started 'Lullaby' by Chuck Palahniuk. He is the guy who wrote 'Fight Club'. It promises to be good.

I love books.
    I didn't really like Lullaby. I thought the ending was kind of weak, but I'd be interested in what you have to say about it.

I forgot to bring The Dispossessed home with me over the break, so I ended up picking up Lolita. I haven't quite finished it yet, but so far it's kind of enjoyable. So far, all of the characters have been really irritating.

Signature by rubah. I think.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Running with Scissors.
    I watched the movie remake last night and it was great.

I'm reading a Prayer for Owen Meaney by John Irving.

Woah...I've got a long list here...Well...I gotta finish New Moon But first I gotta finish reading Don Quijote for Spanish class -_- Then Blue Bloods, Pride and Prejudice, and finally, Revenge of the Wannabes <---It's pretty much a bimbo book, but since I started it I wanna finish it!

OH! And I can't wait 'till Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out!
    I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret between a shadow and a soul...

"the stranger" by albert camus...
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

The Swimming Pool Library

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Tuesdays with morrie

Tis rather good.

Dante Alighieri's Inferno still has been eating dust in my shelf. I haven't even bought Purgatorio and Paradiso yet to complete the Divine Comedy. But I'll read it once I get diligent.

Maybe I'll also read Uncle Tom's Cabin. I figured I should immerse myself in classic literature.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

constitutional law: structure and reconstruction. it's a real page turner.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue* View Post
    But first I gotta finish reading Don Quijote for Spanish class -_-
    Don Quixote is AMAZING =D Although I don't know if you have to read it in Spanish and that's what makes it all so -_- -- but it's so droll and funny <3 Love love love.

[q=foooa]Oddly enough, that sounds really interesting. But I'm a nerd. [/q]
    Oh, it IS really interesting. It's amazing; one of the best all-rounder history books ever written; it has stuff on EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the Cold War. That's woah wow, because considering the time period it spans and all the different facets it has to cover... The Cold War is cool, foooa! We're hip!
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

"Clash of the sky galleons" I started reading it like last year and I still cba to continue. I suck at reading.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    Don Quixote is AMAZING =D Although I don't know if you have to read it in Spanish and that's what makes it all so -_- -- but it's so droll and funny <3 Love love love.
    hehe It's the spanish class part that makes me so -_- =P And the fact that I gotta read the first half of it after spring break... =[ But! It's not that bad! It's actually kinda funny...I thought it was gonna be horrible!
    I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret between a shadow and a soul...

Just started on a book by Jeff Lindsay, called Darkly Dreaming Dexter..
    It's always the quiet ones..

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Moonraker- Ian Fleming

Next up, Diamonds Are Forever.

Like many others, occupying myself 'til Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. After that, it's back to waiting impatiently for the fifth installment of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.

This thread should never die!

"David Copperfield", Charles Dickens. He makes me laugh.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D