Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are You Reading?

I'm glad to see this thread back. I'm much more interested in what people are reading than what kind of lame music they're listening to.

I'm reading the second book in Robin Hobb's Soldier's Son trilogy, Forest Mage. I've had it around for awhile, and then my preorder for the final book caught me off guard by showing up at my door yesterday, so I'm kind of rushing through it to get to the finale. It's not as good as her previous works, but the combination of her graceful writing and AMAZING characters keeps it high above most of what's saturating the fantasy market.

I'm reading Rant by Chuck Palanik I like it so far.. I've read most of his books and liked them a lot so I hope this one is just as good in the end.

'the truth' by terry pratchett

1635 the cannon law by eric flint & andrew dennis
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

The Initiate by Louise Cooper.

Right now its the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. So far I'm on number five, Wolves of the Calla.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Debating between a 1941 Soviet book The History of the Soviet Union and the Communist Party which should be a lovely, propaganda filled read that I got for my birthday in February and Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Not quite sure, I might even return to Earthsea and start The Tombs of Atuan (Ursula Le Guin) having finished The Wizard of Earthsea a good few months ago now.

Anyone want to help me decide? I wish these weren't simply 3 books of a list of about 8 that I've got to read!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The lord of the flies

Blog Entries

'Tales and Diary' - Florbela Espanca

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I'm reading an amazing book by Ian Irvine called Tower on the Rift....I think. It's the second book of a quartet. It's really good, he also has a quartet sequel and another sequel to that, which I've read (before reading the first quartet....silly, I know) I love Ian Irvine's books

Smile and Be happy

Good old Harry Potter, catching up before the last book comes out...

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. AMAZING emotion in that book.

The Mobile Suit Gundam novelization by Yoshiyuki Tomino.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown. It's a history of the American West from the perspective of native Americans. It's devastating, to tell the truth. Pretty much all of it is making me angry and upset.

House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti. Great Christian fiction those two... Man, that book keeps me up at night its so FREAKING scary!