Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 59.9

No offense but you should think with your other head a little more.

You should always try to score the best you can. You do NOT pass by peak-performing (only study when exams come), you DO when you study regularly. By doing that you will have a daily schedule which makes you more time-efficient so you can do whatever with that girl you mentioned.

Get the brain and the girl dude.

Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    No offense but you should think with your other head a little more.

You should always try to score the best you can. You do NOT pass by peak-performing (only study when exams come), you DO when you study regularly. By doing that you will have a daily schedule which makes you more time-efficient so you can do whatever with that girl you mentioned.

Get the brain and the girl dude.

get the brain?? whethere I get an F or A im probably gonna end up with the same amount of info cuz I pay attention to what he says cuz its important...but all the work he gives is stupid work involving constant redoing of algebraec/geometry mixed...and I feel like I'm a 1st grader again doing the thing where u have to do the times table 100times as punishment...whether or not all that work is needed is another story...ok...thats why I got a 59.9 so shutup...the problem is wtf....I think 59.9's r stupid and shuld be illegal so just post whether or not u like 59.9's and let my post sink into oblivion...I hate to say this but I don't care about ur advice...I either don't know you at all...or recognize you in a negative way based off the names I see in this thread

except for like 3 ppl and they did what I think you guys should do...tell me if youve ever missed something by a bit...or put in some effort for nothing
    Last edited by PyroManiak; 03-07-2007 at 09:11 PM.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I now find this thread to humour me immensely.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, you want to know whether or not we believe in 59.9's? Yes I do (though that should be clear by now). No one should be bumped up just because they're teatering on the edge of passing. Like I said before, I would have no problem with a teacher bumping someone up to a pass if they went everyday, paid attention, did the homework, and still just couldn't get it. At least they put forth the effort to try and do their best in the class. Plenty of people go to class everyday with the intention of learning and trying their best. People who do the bare minimum and have it come back to bite them in the ass shouldn't get a pass when other people actually put the work in.

And should I be impressed that you ditched a girl to go to class? You still didn't do the work that would have ensured you passed the class. You can complain all you want about the math problems assigned being tedious, but the only way to learn that stuff is through repitition. So as far as I'm concerned, if you deserved that extra 0.1 of a mark, you would have done well enough to earn it, not be handed it freely by a teacher just so you could pass. You freely admitted that you didn't work hard enough in that class, which means you failed because you were lazy whether you want to admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Ok, you want to know whether or not we believe in 59.9's? Yes I do (though that should be clear by now). No one should be bumped up just because they're teatering on the edge of passing. Like I said before, I would have no problem with a teacher bumping someone up to a pass if they went everyday, paid attention, did the homework, and still just couldn't get it. At least they put forth the effort to try and do their best in the class. Plenty of people go to class everyday with the intention of learning and trying their best. People who do the bare minimum and have it come back to bite them in the ass shouldn't get a pass when other people actually put the work in.

And should I be impressed that you ditched a girl to go to class? You still didn't do the work that would have ensured you passed the class. You can complain all you want about the math problems assigned being tedious, but the only way to learn that stuff is through repitition. So as far as I'm concerned, if you deserved that extra 0.1 of a mark, you would have done well enough to earn it, not be handed it freely by a teacher just so you could pass. You freely admitted that you didn't work hard enough in that class, which means you failed because you were lazy whether you want to admit it or not.

lol...so what your saying is even worse than me...You think the teacher should give some people bump ups while others dont get 1
    ...what I would think is you simply round up...cuz that gives every1 a chance and doesnt allow teachers to be discriminulatory as I imagine if you were a teacher you would be...

colorist bastard...It's cuz im red isnt it

I hope you get raped by a chainsaw then get a permanent beard made out of my pubic hairs that is glued on by dork sperm
    Last edited by PyroManiak; 03-07-2007 at 10:23 PM.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

That's probably one of the funnier things I've read in the past couple hours.
    That doesn't mean I agree with you, though.

Grades, in my opinion, are based heavily on effort. (Hence, A for effort.) You get what you put in and I really don't think rounding up is the thing to do. Why not round down? Why not say, "59.9? That's higher than 50 so let's round that up to 100, 'K?"

Yes. 59.9s should be legal.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    lol...so what your saying is even worse than me...You think the teacher should give some people bump ups while others dont get 1
    ...what I would think is you simply round up...cuz that gives every1 a chance and doesnt allow teachers to be discriminulatory as I imagine if you were a teacher you would be...

I hope you get raped by a chainsaw then get a permanent beard made out of my pubic hairs that is glued on by dork sperm
    LOL good luck in college. Professors give slack to the ones they like the most. Thank it is whoever you thank that you even GET impartiality at this point of your education.

Also, when you round up, not everyone gets the same amount of credit. Most of the time, people who are rounded up don't deserve it, and those who are rounded down shouldn't have their work underestimated. What's the difference between .1 and .5? A world of difference. It's the difference between just barely failing, and failing. No matter how you slice it, you have failed to be able to produce a grade which you wanted (or if it was your intention, more power to you). You do realize that, (since I'm sure you attended 4th grade math), that when it is five and above, you round up, and any number up to that point is rounded down?

What seems to contribute to this little escapade, is that you keep complaining about "ohh, the system isn't fair" and "why won't they just bump it up?" What it seems to be is, that you are, in fact, a bad student. Education isn't like a basketball: pump it up and get what you want. What it is, is something you have to work at; even minimal work is enough (as in many cases of people). Okay, so there are people who are genuine geniuses. One out of, perhaps, a thousand? A million? It's not a billion, otherwise I'd know all of their names.

Is what you claim to be unjust, fair? What about the schools across the country that automatically curve grades and send people to college, who don't really earn it? Is it fair, that just because they are data, that they should get money for support from the government? Is that fair to the students who have worked their way honestly to college? Are you entitled to some sense of "automatic victory," just because you attended? Hell no! Is it fair to get a grade, and have it be where it is? According to you, apparently not, because apparently, you think you know better than a system that has been around since well before you were born.

I don't get why, it would also seem, that you think you should be commended for something you were supposed to do correctly in the first place, and that some sort of punishment should not be handled when you do not succeed? What the disturbing thing is, is that your future is the consequence, not some grade, out of many, that contributes to a small parcel of your other eleven grades until college.

Please stop wasting our time. Go get an A on a paper, or talk to your teacher. Until you do, there's nothing that any one of us can do, because you clearly have not listened to a single word that we have said. It seems that you did, because you responded. But I could get the same result if someone kicked while I was asleep, and threw water in my face. And fix your grammar while you're at it.

I'm not even going to start with the second part (the edit).

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post

LOL good luck in college. Professors give slack to the ones they like the most. Thank it is whoever you thank that you even GET impartiality at this point of your education.

Also, when you round up, not everyone gets the same amount of credit. Most of the time, people who are rounded up don't deserve it, and those who are rounded down shouldn't have their work underestimated. What's the difference between .1 and .5? A world of difference. It's the difference between just barely failing, and failing. No matter how you slice it, you have failed to be able to produce a grade which you wanted (or if it was your intention, more power to you). You do realize that, (since I'm sure you attended 4th grade math), that when it is five and above, you round up, and any number up to that point is rounded down?

What seems to contribute to this little escapade, is that you keep complaining about "ohh, the system isn't fair" and "why won't they just bump it up?" What it seems to be is, that you are, in fact, a bad student. Education isn't like a basketball: pump it up and get what you want. What it is, is something you have to work at; even minimal work is enough (as in many cases of people). Okay, so there are people who are genuine geniuses. One out of, perhaps, a thousand? A million? It's not a billion, otherwise I'd know all of their names.

Is what you claim to be unjust, fair? What about the schools across the country that automatically curve grades and send people to college, who don't really earn it? Is it fair, that just because they are data, that they should get money for support from the government? Is that fair to the students who have worked their way honestly to college? Are you entitled to some sense of "automatic victory," just because you attended? Hell no! Is it fair to get a grade, and have it be where it is? According to you, apparently not, because apparently, you think you know better than a system that has been around since well before you were born.

I don't get why, it would also seem, that you think you should be commended for something you were supposed to do correctly in the first place, and that some sort of punishment should not be handled when you do not succeed? What the disturbing thing is, is that your future is the consequence, not some grade, out of many, that contributes to a small parcel of your other eleven grades until college.

Please stop wasting our time. Go get an A on a paper, or talk to your teacher. Until you do, there's nothing that any one of us can do, because you clearly have not listened to a single word that we have said. It seems that you did, because you responded. But I could get the same result if someone kicked while I was asleep, and threw water in my face. And fix your grammar while you're at it.

I'm not even going to start with the second part (the edit).

put it like this...I read it but dont know what you're saying...what I got from everything you saying is that you disagree and somehow think rounding up is unfair...well they must have decided to round it up if I got a 59.9 otherwise I'd have a 59.9????-whatever...which probably would be some kind of irrational number

so why dont they just round it up to an integer...I think they shuld have rounded it up to an integer so I don't have to get an F cuz I like D's more than F's...and dude I feel bad for you cuz if some1 where to kick me in the face while I sleep I'd be forced to murder them...

well anyways I think your wrong cuz it should be rounded up to an integer and not some gay ass number like 59.9...I'd actually rather get a 59 then a 59.9...if they want to be jerknuts and round down...either way I think its unjust to give a grade that misses by numbers we dont even really see...
    and what I meant by round up was basically .5 and up goes to next integer so my 59.9 wulda became a 60.0

and dude...dont ever post in my thread again...or Ill ban u from existance

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac
    Your arrogance shows it self with this perticular comment.

I'm also suprised to see that you haven't been banned yet with all the offensive comments you've made because the people were being honest with their opinions. If you don't like what people post in your thread, don't make one.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

heheh...you weren't expecting to be lectured, were you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac
    Your arrogance shows it self with this perticular comment.

I'm also suprised to see that you haven't been banned yet with all the offensive comments you've made because the people were being honest with their opinions. If you don't like what people post in your thread, don't make one.
    you know i love you my beoch

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Despite my custom title, I'm going to be nice and follow the rules because I'm a robot.

Everyone has said so far, basically, that the grade you recieved was what you earned. Rounding up or down or whatever is just a way to get around the specifics. You should focus on and eliminate the root cause. I suggest that you start looking at ways to get 60s instead of 59.9s from now on.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Technically, he would need 60.1s to get that D, not 60s. You know, with the theory of Limits as N-->Infinity. And all of that and the whole counterbalancing, and cumulative grading.

OMG I posted. Banstick, please.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Technically, he would need 60.1s to get that D, not 60s. You know, with the theory of Limits as N-->Infinity. And all of that and the whole counterbalancing, and cumulative grading.

OMG I posted. Banstick, please.
    Explain yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
    Despite my custom title, I'm going to be nice and follow the rules because I'm a robot.

Everyone has said so far, basically, that the grade you recieved was what you earned. Rounding up or down or whatever is just a way to get around the specifics. You should focus on and eliminate the root cause. I suggest that you start looking at ways to get 60s instead of 59.9s from now on.
    fine you know what go get a mod to change my name to "59.9 boy" and frikkin brand me with a 59.9 sign u turd nuggets

and after that u can trip on a .1' dildo to hell...have a nice fall xD