Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff the Saturn Sigil

Default Stuff the Saturn Sigil :P

Right, seeing as that butterfly catching game is way too hard for me (disbraxia is a bitch) I'm building a custom weapon for Kimahri instead. Spirit Lance is crap anyway, and assumes that you made Kimahri a fighter, which is silly because he's supposed to be the one with no default path... what if you made him a caster?

So far, having located the Dragoon Lance in Besaid which comes with a lovely Evade/Counter and Magic Counter (I know, I seem to have contradicted myself but keep reading), I've added One MP Cost (Ha HA! See?) and will add Break Damage Limit once I have sufficient Dark Matter (I think it's 60, so only 59 to go!) This is largely because I originally made Kimahri a healer to stand in for when Yuna's not in the party, and also because Full Break for 1 MP is awesome. And besides, Kimahri's Overdrive isn't really the best available so who needs Triple Overdrive anyway? Kimahri's much more useful as the dude who does all the support abilities while everyone else just rushes in and kills stuff, or until Yuna summons Anima and I have an orgasm.

I have the mind-and-arse-numbing tenacity for Lulu's and Wakka's, which I've yet to acquire, so there's no problem there.

Did anyone else do this? If so, what abilities did you go for besides BDL?
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 03-06-2007 at 06:45 AM.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

For Lulu and Kimahri, I built a custom weapon. For both I used BDL, Magic Booster, 1MP Cost, and First Strike.
    This is a signature.

I just upgraded their celestial weapons so I don't have an answer for this thread

I have celestial weapons for tidus, yuna, auron and riku, in other words; the easy ones.

For Wakka, Lulu and Kimahri I do have Break damage limit weapons, but I never use Kimahri and Lulu anyway. I have Break Damage limit and Triple overdrive on Wakka's, and I beat all the dark aeons melee. What I'm trying to say is, you don't really need all 4 slots to get yourself an "ultimate weapon". Of course it's cool to have everything as good as it can get, but I always took BDL + 1 other customisation as enough. ^^

For physical attacks nothing beats a Celestial Weapon, so the only BDL weapon I'd customise is for magic: BDL, Magic Booster, One MP Cost, Magic +20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I have celestial weapons for tidus, yuna, auron and riku, in other words; the easy ones
    You call Tidus' easy? Holy crap, I'll give you a call next time I play through the game as I don't wanna have to dismantle my controller and repair it again.

I'm surprised people customised one for Lulu; hers is easy enough to get, just a bit dull.

Getting the Saturn Sigil is not as hard as people think. It just requires a bit of patience. I also upgraded everyone's celestial weapons(minus Wakka's and Lulu's because I suck at Blitzball and I didn't want to do the dodge the Lightning Quest).

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I've actually acquired and upgraded all the celestial weapons. The butterfly game and chocobo race were easily the hardest to get, but I did eventually manage to get them all. Auron's rocks. Triple Overdrive, Initiative, and Break Damage Limit combine to let him instantly kill almost all random encounters. Set him in Slayer mode, and trigger his final Overdrive in any fight. Opponents die, and his overdrive gauge will fill up immediately in any group of 3 enemies.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I've actually acquired and upgraded all the celestial weapons. The butterfly game and chocobo race were easily the hardest to get
    The chocobo race isn't that hard actually. When you've done it once, you can do it again. Ofcourse it took a while on my first playthrough, but on the second I managed to get it in no-time. Never finished the butterfly game though...

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I just upgraded their celestial weapons so I don't have an answer for this thread

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The butterfly game takes about as long as lulu's.

The difference is that lulu's takes that long because you have to stop so you don't psyche yourself out. Kimarhi's takes that long because that's about the amount of time it takes to memorize the path (~15 per half) It is totally memorization. it's not reflexes or anything else. Make a note to yourself 'left, right, front back left 'etc (not verbatim xD) and keep it in your mind!

The only one I've customized is tidus's because I am a chocowimp. All it has is break damage limit, since there's no superbosses to bother with.

Can you get the Sun Sigil as soon as you reach the Calm Lands, or do you need to get the Airship first?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I actually had a tough time trying to beat the Choco race, my dad watching me be frustrated at it took up the controller and beat it. Having never really played any video game before. Found it really amusing.

Ok, no, you don't need the Airship. It took me 3 days, but I got the stupid thing. Stupid chocobos. Chocobo racing was actually fun in FFVII...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If by fun you mean completely boring having to do it over and over until you were assured an opportunity to own teioh anytime he showed his little beak.