Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have you noticed...?

Default have you noticed...?

in ffx near the beginning (and i'm sure at other times) auron says something like "we called it sin" and then there's like an fmv and then after it is really clear that tidus is definitely saying something but no sound comes!! has anyone else noticed this, or is just my game, and could anyone tell me what he's saying?

eh? Sin appears, you defeat its spawn, you get sucked up, you find yourself floating in an arena looking place (that's really the place you (SPOILER)defeat Jecht at the end) inside sin, you then find yourself in Baaj.

Is the bit you speak of inside that range? If so, I'm pretty sure there's vocals when there's supposed to be vocals. You might just be seeing some dodgy lipsyncing from when they dubbed the english vocals.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Reading lips is very difficult for video games.

Otherwise, it's just a line they removed and forgot to undo the animation. No biggies.

Oopsie game designers! Yeah, I noticed that too.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Probably wasn't relevant; the translators will have realised that everything said in the Japanese had already been said or something... you know how much longer Japanese sentences can be sometimes. Anyway, graphically Tidus actually looks worse in the FMV than in his realtime/battle graphics, which in comparison look really cool, so I tend not to look.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Or Sin's "sucking" took the sound first
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

ok cool, thanks, i'm glad other people have encountered this!

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    Probably wasn't relevant; the translators will have realised that everything said in the Japanese had already been said or something... you know how much longer Japanese sentences can be sometimes. Anyway, graphically Tidus actually looks worse in the FMV than in his realtime/battle graphics, which in comparison look really cool, so I tend not to look.
    Tidus' graphics are worse in the FMV?! I like his FMV graphic! How are they worse?
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KasaiDraco View Post
    Tidus' graphics are worse in the FMV?! I like his FMV graphic! How are they worse?
    He looks like a girl on the FMVs
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KasaiDraco View Post
    He looks like a girl on the FMVs
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by fifie View Post
    in ffx near the beginning (and i'm sure at other times) auron says something like "we called it sin" and then there's like an fmv and then after it is really clear that tidus is definitely saying something but no sound comes!! has anyone else noticed this, or is just my game, and could anyone tell me what he's saying?
    I have the same thing happen. His mouth moves, and nuthin comes out. Probably a glitch with the way they translated it... to make the mouth move to our English tounge. White man speak wierd to people with wierd eyes (just kidding about this, no offense, just to have al little laugh at).
    Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
    Opening Credits: To those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein: This reunion is for you.
    Sephiroth: On your knees. I want you to beg for forgiveness.
    Sephiroth: Your geostigma is gone... That's too bad.
    Cloud: Sephiroth, what do you want?
    Sephiroth: The last thoughts of Geostigma's dead... those remnants will join the lifestream and circle the planet; choking it; corroding it. What I want, Cloud, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as a vessel. Just as Mother did long ago. then one day we'll find a new planet and on it's soil we'll create a shining future.
    Cloud: What about this planet?
    Sephiroth: Well... That's up to you, Cloud.

Cloud: Stay where you belong; in my memories!
    Sephiroth: I will... never be a memory!
    Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it. There isn't a thing I don't cherish!
    Sephiroth: [amused] Oh! Where did you find *this* strength?
    Cloud: I'm not about to tell you.
    [slams Sephiroth out of the building]

yeah it's kinda weird and annoying, i always wonder what he would've said in the Japanese version...

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Or Sin's "sucking" took the sound first ;)
    Why are you so damn funny? I want to be just like you!! :(:(

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, I believe that your sense of humor is flawed. Now Cruise Control or PsyPie; those are funny guys.