Thread: Bercus gets answers

Default Bercus gets answers

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16915

So bercus -the preeminent conduit between the English speaking playerbase and SE- has FINALLY gotten a response from SE.

I have to say that while I'm fairly pleased with some of the answers I'm also displeased with many of the non-answers.

My synopsis:

I think some of their comments are BS.

We understand that many players want to fight against strong monsters such as Fafnir or Behemoth and wish to obtain special items. However, we don’t think that a lower difficulty will result in the reduction of game play stress.
    They clearly completely misunderstand what is difficult about these mobs for people. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of the mobs. They are piss easy for endgame groups these days. What's difficult is getting the claim against 80 people -many of which are probably botting- in a lagfest.

It is not difficult to move NMs or HNMs to the battlefield, but it would destroy the uniqueness of each monster. We believe that because these powerful monsters dwell deep inside dungeons
    Sorry, the places the kings spawn aren't scary any more. They are just infested with hordes of endgame players for about 3 hours every day.

We are aware that the “Ullikummi issue” is one of the hot topics amongst our community. We are currently making adjustments so we can’t go into details just yet, but we are considering this issue in a constructive manner. Please look forward to our future version updates.
    Considering it in a constructive manner? It's simple. Lower the spawn time. Make him spawn claimed after killing a placeholder. Either of those would work well. The last time they considered it they completely broke Ulli much to the chagrin of the entire endgame community. Ulli has been a problem for well over a year. It's a simple solution and they are aware it is a problem. Just throw it in during an update. No need to plan around it so strategically.

Question 10:
    Hydra gear is extremely difficult to acquire but many pieces are not useful, or are only used for the Fellowship NPC characters that have not been improved in many months. Why did this gear unique to Dynamis-Tavnazia turn out the way it did? How does the development team create new gear?

A10:
    The main aspects we consider when we introduce a new item to the game, are both the properties of the item and the difficulty balance to obtain it. The idea is to adjust the difficulty so that you obtain a better item depending on how much effort you had to put into obtaining it.
    Apart from that, there are some special cases for which the items are difficult to obtain not because of their degree of usefulness or actual strength, but because it has some kind of special property, such as WHM’s Reverend Mail or other equipment which are unique in terms of graphics.
    It is the same with Dynamis-Tavnazia. We wanted to add some individuality to the item aside of its strengths. Since at that time we had just introduced the fellowship system to the game and enchant was the individuality of the items in Tavnazia, we decided to create items which highlight those features.
    The situation has changed since then, so if many voices claim they are unsatisfied with them, we might make some adjustments, such as adding new items.
    Okay... nobody wants to spend 1M gil in today's economy to go do a Dynamis-Tavnazia run where the drop rate of any of this rare gear is .01% and it sucks anyway. We don't do incredibly difficult and costly things for novelty items. This is ridiculous.

Question 11:
    The CoP expansion brought Dynamis-Valkurm, Dynamis-Buburimu, Dynamis-Qufim, and Dynamis-Tavnazia to the game. These dynamis areas have extremely low drop rates for dynamis currency, used to upgrade relic weapons. Can the drop rate for dynamis currency ever be made higher for these difficult-to-reach areas?

A11:
    With the 6th Vana’diel Census*, we disclosed the number or Relics for the very first time.
    The result was almost what we expected.
    In other words, from the beginning, the concept of Relics was to not be obtained by many users.
    They completely missed (or avoided) the point here. It's not about getting relics easier. Just like with Dyna-Tav, the drop rates of everything in CoP Dynamis areas is crap. It's not worth the crap drop rate to spend multiple hours and tons of money doing a CoP Dynamis. They need to either raise the currency drop rate (to something at least in the ballpark of non-CoP areas which have about a 2000% higher drop rate) or they need to make the gear actually drop.

It's not worth it for most shells to dish out 1M gil just to go get 30 currency, 2-3 Relic-1, 1-2 AF.

Question 12:
    Can Limbus be made into an instanced scenario similar to Assault?

Question 13:
    Why can dynamis, limbus, and some battlefields only be entered by one group at a time?

A12, A13:
    Technically speaking, it is not impossible.
    However, we would like to develop and introduce new systems and content for now, rather than making changes to the older system.
    This one really bothers me. Are they saying the are giving up on refining the things that are wrong with old content? Anyone that does dynamis regularly knows that scheduling is becoming a bigger issue as more people reach endgame and fight for dynamis times. If they know it's a problem and they say it could easily be instanced... why not instance it instead of being stubborn and trying to FORCE people to do only new content.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I guess they're just trying to prioritise other things, they obviously understand your questions but I don't think they're gonna reschedule all there activities to do this. If they're working on "future updates" now, then they obviously do things over a long period of time. That's probably what they mean by "we're focusing on newer things now".
    So it's understandable, and what he says about relic weapons, well I don't think he's avoiding the point. The currency is what makes a relic weapon right? I mean, what makes it good (like a celestial weapon in X without any upgrades, right?) So they mean that they never intended for it to be easy for this to happen.

Also, FFXI is so massive, and they are refining stuff, but there are so many things they need to do, they're prioritising the more immediate issues.

Us fans like new stuff too, they gotta keep their audience
    jkhkjg