Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get few things off my Chest..

Articles
    Blog Entries

*Sigh* I mean a playable character not a NPC. Jeez

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Past passado View Post
    Don't you guys like to have a kid like Vivi in FF games? :(
    Vivi was an adult considering the life span of his tribe, he aged slightly slower than all the others, but he reached his peaked maturity at a little over a year old and Rydia was alos a child,but it would be obscure to have the child as lead or main. Most FFs didn't have 17 years old leading anyway Cloud wasn't Cecil, V,IV,I don't know about III, and then there's two II and the original. It's just been 17 ever since VIII. I guess Square believes 17 to be the supreme age or something.

Yellow Winged Angel

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I love when the kids take the tension off. Not the overly smart kids. The ones that keep it simple.

"So we have to fight because (cheap personal reason)"

"(kiddy character) you are right we don't have to fight"

Thats what i like my kiddy characters to do.
    I hated auron. I like my characters to be young and spirited. Not old and broken.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Auron isn't old and broken. He's a respectable loyal man who's been through rough times and conquered through it, he even doesn't conceal to death and let rest. But strives to protect young kids like 'That hoe Rikku and that unwise kid Tidus'. Only Yuna was the decent young kid, who actually was important.

So before you call someone like Auron broken, please consider adding reasons and backup-cause i know for a fact that Auron does not deserve to get mocked after how great he is as a Final Fantasy Character.

But that's your opinion...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

We could use a young character but hopefully not giddy and annoying (Yuffie, Eiko, Rikku).

We are starting to loose more unique characters...

FFVII - Quite a few. Cait Sith, Red XIII, Barret, Vincent
    FFVIII- Aside from personality, none were extremely unique when compared to others. They were all Humans!!!
    FFIX- Practically every character except maybe Dagger and/or Steiner
    FFX- Here's where we start to loose them - Lulu, Kimarhi, Wakka
    FFXII- Fran, the only one really. Everyone has blonde hair (except maybe Baltheir), everyone is human (except Fran) plus no real character development doesn't help either.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheBanzaiKitten View Post
    We could use a young character but hopefully not giddy and annoying (Yuffie, Eiko, Rikku).

We are starting to loose more unique characters...

FFVII - Quite a few. Cait Sith, Red XIII, Barret, Vincent
    FFVIII- Aside from personality, none were extremely unique when compared to others. They were all Humans!!!
    FFIX- Practically every character except maybe Dagger and/or Steiner
    FFX- Here's where we start to loose them - Lulu, Kimarhi, Wakka
    FFXII- Fran, the only one really. Everyone has blonde hair (except maybe Baltheir), everyone is human (except Fran) plus no real character development doesn't help either.
    Read this for character development for FFXII http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....3&postcount=64
    I think they were pretty unique honestly. As well as many character you failed to mention from previous FF's. Like Auron, Quistis, Squall, Laguna and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Past passado View Post
    Don't you guys like to have a kid like Vivi in FF games?
    I liked Vivi, but he's an exception. Characters like Eiko, Yuffie, Rikku, etc. get on my nerves.

"Hey! I'm talking and I have way too much energy! My brain is made of sunshine and cocaine!!"

One of my favorite characters of any FF (that I'm familiar with) is Auron. I would like to see more characters like him and Basch. Fran is also cool. They're not all keyed up and whiney.

But what're'ya gonna' do? We all keep getting older while the characters stay the same age. Pretty soon I'll be griping in forums while examining my pension checks.
    Your post made me laugh But it's true. Older fans have issues with younger casts of characters. I'm an older fan and it's difficult to relate to characters like Tidus or Penelo. I tend to like older characters like Auron, Basch, Cecil, Setzer and Balthier(I can't believe I'm actually older than him though... )

A kid party is not too out there though. I honestly feel that the cast of the first three Digimon series are incredibly well written and I find there stories to be gripping as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    FF should take a page off Zelda: Having child Link time travel to be Adult Link

So we wouldn't have to play Goofy infested KH to play with kid Tidus
    Technically, they did it first with FFIV's Rydia. She joins you when she's like 8 years old and then due to unforseen circumstances, you lose her for awhile. Later she rejoins you and once again due to an odd plot twist, she is 16 years old and a lot more useful... Technically she's not an adult but still...

Also, I like Goofy...

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    I love when the kids take the tension off. Not the overly smart kids. The ones that keep it simple.

"So we have to fight because (cheap personal reason)"

"(kiddy character) you are right we don't have to fight"

Thats what i like my kiddy characters to do.
    I hated auron. I like my characters to be young and spirited. Not old and broken.
    I don't want to get too serious about discussing a characters in a game (whoops, failed), but yeah, Auron was anything but broken...well, actually, he may have been broken, but understandably so. Still, he basically carries the party through their journey. He's "been there, done that;" he knows what to expect, and he sees past all of the trivial facades of politics, morality, behavior, etc.

Personally, I just can't understand an existence that doesn't involve any sort of self-examination, and an attempt to understand what's really going on around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    Your post made me laugh But it's true. Older fans have issues with younger casts of characters. I'm an older fan and it's difficult to relate to characters like Tidus or Penelo. I tend to like older characters like Auron, Basch, Cecil, Setzer and Balthier(I can't believe I'm actually older than him though... )
    sometimes it's hard not to wonder if there are holes in my pockets: "Where the hell did that time go!?"

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Auron is by far the best character in the whole of FF, in my opinion!!!

For me, i can relate to old and younger characters but tend to be more swayed by the mature and much wiser characters. Young characters are becoming so stereotypical and making them peppy and in your face. They lack wits and always need to be guided and have a sense of direction-they can never stand on their own two feet.
    Weirdly so, that's the reason why i don't really mind characters like Squall from FF and he's one year older than Tidus if I'm correct or is Tidus older...? But Squall is just so realistic and goes through stuff that most of us do-he hasn't got no real supernatural background and is just a miserable kid who grows to love and be more upbeat.
    Someone like Tidus on the other hand, is obnoxious and quite thick. He takes time to catch onto things and always needs someone with him. He only gets more important at the stage when it's the last battle and that's when he actually gains my respect for some unknown reason.

But anyway, i wouldn't mind more younger characters-although i would appreciate it if they were a little more serious and smarter.

ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR AURON!!! (DA TRUE KATANA MASTER)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be honest, I would prefer haing a party of older characters for once. No one younger than 21. It would be interesting to see a more mature and worldly main character (and cast for that matter) try to save the world, especially since they would lack the idealistic concept of good and evil that perpetuates in younger lead characters.

The story is more intriguing when the lead doesn't always do the right thing or has more selfish reasons for doing what they want. That's why characters like Cloud, Squall and Ashe are so popular. Cloud's not really trying to save the world, he's just obsessed with getting revenge against Sephiroth, Squall was raised to take orders. He doesn't carry around some notion that he's doing everything cause it's the "right thing to do", and Lady Ashe (SPOILER)struggles with using the nethicite to get personal revenge against the Archadian Empire.

I'm tired of seeing stories about young idealist who go into the real world, lose their innocence, and come to some understanding of what is truly important.

i guess its because they got school. ur average hero wouldnt be able to do much if hes grounded

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Auron is by far the best character in the whole of FF, in my opinion!!!

For me, i can relate to old and younger characters but tend to be more swayed by the mature and much wiser characters. Young characters are becoming so stereotypical and making them peppy and in your face. They lack wits and always need to be guided and have a sense of direction-they can never stand on their own two feet.
    Weirdly so, that's the reason why i don't really mind characters like Squall from FF and he's one year older than Tidus if I'm correct or is Tidus older...? But Squall is just so realistic and goes through stuff that most of us do-he hasn't got no real supernatural background and is just a miserable kid who grows to love and be more upbeat.
    Someone like Tidus on the other hand, is obnoxious and quite thick. He takes time to catch onto things and always needs someone with him. He only gets more important at the stage when it's the last battle and that's when he actually gains my respect for some unknown reason.

But anyway, i wouldn't mind more younger characters-although i would appreciate it if they were a little more serious and smarter.

ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR AURON!!! (DA TRUE KATANA MASTER)
    Well, not all kids are that stereotipical... Look at Larsa - he's twelve but he's so smart and serious about what he does. Don't go telling me he's an NPC because he does join your party for a while. I think XII had the most unique characters in the entire series. I wouldn't worry, were I you - I'm sure SE will be getting even more original ideas (how about an 8-year-old genius with schizofrenia?).

I am aware that Larsa is a very articulate child, and has great knowledge.
    But i wasn't exactly talking about characters like him-i was referring to characters of previous FF's before XII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My point - SE is getting more ideas on how a kid character can be pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by The_White_Wizard_of_Fynn View Post
    Well, not all kids are that stereotipical... Look at Larsa - he's twelve but he's so smart and serious about what he does. Don't go telling me he's an NPC because he does join your party for a while. I think XII had the most unique characters in the entire series. I wouldn't worry, were I you - I'm sure SE will be getting even more original ideas (how about an 8-year-old genius with schizofrenia?).
    I must admit, that genius with schizophrenia idea is pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Aren't most Final Fantasy characters kids?