Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get few things off my Chest..

I liked it better when the charas were in their 20's and up with a couple of random kids in between.

I think that's one reason there are less kids, because the age range is already in the teens. If you look at the final fantasy's that did have kid charas, most the main charas were 20 or up. Plus, most people believe that if the game is in a general age range of the players, that the players will like it better. I think FFVII was the last one with the charas around their 20's if not already in them. Like in FFVII the "young" one was Yuffie, who was like what 16?

In newer games the main charas 16, and they prolly wouldn't want the game based around kids who are between like.. 10 and 16.

One thing we can all decide on, is that they're fond of having at least one experienced figure, who's sort of been through the hardships and all that jazz. They've featured in every FF I've played except for VIII. I'm talking about guys like: Barret, Cid, Bach, Auron, Cid (IV), Tellah, and I'm sure there's many others, but I think Square know that they can't ever create a game with a bunch of mindless youths. They need a authoritative figure, who has seen it all.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    One thing we can all decide on, is that they're fond of having at least one experienced figure, who's sort of been through the hardships and all that jazz. They've featured in every FF I've played except for VIII. I'm talking about guys like: Barret, Cid, Bach, Auron, Cid (IV), Tellah, and I'm sure there's many others, but I think Square know that they can't ever create a game with a bunch of mindless youths. They need a authoritative figure, who has seen it all.
    FF8: Laguna, Kiros and Ward are experienced characters. In Squall's time they are at least 40 and you get to actually experience their past in Squall's dreams.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

I meant in the main party. Like fighting Ultimecia, but I guess they still count.

I'm sure there's many others.
    In the main party of VIII, I think either Squall or Quistis would be the most experienced. They're still all real young though.

In FX, there's Auron, in IX . . . Steiner is older, but I don't know if he's more experienced than Freya, Zidane, or Amarant.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

IX seems to posses a lot of experienced characters, considering that it's such a child friendly game.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    1) Why aren't there any child main playable characters? Children can fight too!
    WTF kind of influence is that?
    "Grab yerselfs some butcher knives children. I ain't a goin' anywhere near that burglar. You can take him, I have faith in ya. Bye."

2) is it me, or are all the heros mostly teenagers? I mean, in todays socity most teenagers won't be Challangeing an empire or liberating an nation now?
    Yeah teenagers won't, but apparently 7-12-year-olds will?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

little kids saving the world, fighting scary monsters, having love problems and whatnot... sounds alot like blue dragon on 360, not interested in playin such a weak game!

The Future Is Inevitable

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Sooo....

Ok, I have revised this now and the best game would have....

1. A mix of age groups. Put too many 26+ people and Young people will not like. Same if you put too many young.

2. Don't put too many Males or females or you could get a sexist game.

3. Make all the characters involed. If you have a game focus only on Vaan for example, fans of the other characters will complain.

I agree with all this. Enough of this drama wit .
    1. Cloud for example: "Sephiroth that S.O.B. you killed aerith" * slits*.
    All the heroes in every ff is like... 15-17.
    Like Firion was what? 15? That is way to unrealistis for a group of teens to pwn an empire, even for fantasy like, and then theres this drama with Leon and the main chars on ff2.
    2. Squall. What can i say about him? Emo. Loner. Goodie Goodie. And Wtf's up with a gun Sword anyway? I mean like... It's Cool and all... But wtf?

They should have a main character, who sure, has a dark past, carries a sword, all the stereotypical stuff, But he's at LEAST 25 as someone said earlier, and MAYBE throw in a 16 yr old chick for some pedofilic humour. He needs to not be emo, too many so far, Tidus was on the verge of being emo, if he wasnt stupid as a post.

I give Squenix credit for thier amazing work, but... If its going to stay the same, the "Final" Final fantasy is going to come a lot sooner than you think. Each character on one series is almost exactly the same from the last.

Anyway, that was my blurl

Go
    Here (SPOILER)Ultima Island
    and
    Here(SPOILER)Fool HQ
    OH! And go Here!
    (SPOILER)Foolish Forum GOGOGO!

In reality, no kid would have the intelligence, experience, physical ability, commitment, selflessness or intuition to save the world.

...But then again, the name of the game is Final Fantasy.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enjolras View Post
    In reality, no kid would have the intelligence, experience, physical ability, commitment, selflessness or intuition to save the world.

...But then again, the name of the game is Final Fantasy.
    Q. F. T.

Hey all. I'm more concerned with the trend towards intersexual primary characters than about the ages. Squall is manly enough in his "portrait" shots I suppose, but his game model is very effeminate. Zidane looks like a 70s David Bowie--who tried to look like a girl as part of the Glam Rock fashion trend. Tidus could be the Gelfling girl Kira from the movie The Dark Crystal if he had longer hair. I'm convinced Vaan is a girl.

I can see why there might be some practical game-design reasons for this...a more effeminate main character might connect better with female players...*maybe.* But part of me wonders if there's a guy in the character design department whose final fantasy is about little (ie girly) boys with swords...

Anyway, I do prefer some older and/or experienced characters in the party. I like getting the "we're in this together" feeling from a party that is a more diverse representation of game world that just a party of kids--it makes it feel like there's more at stake to me. There's no reason a capable 30-50 year-old can't have as much interest in stopping the villain, or for that matter someone even older who has wisdom, experience, and "connections."

I would love to see more; Galuf's, Auron's, Tellah's? (Just cause of his memorable phrase) Basch's, Barret's and Cid from VII. All those characters seem to add that infinite sense of wisdom and maturity to the party, and prefer to side from infactuation of the female sex. Also, why are there never any elderly or middle aged women in the party?

I would love to see more; Galuf's, Auron's, Tellah's? (Just cause of his memorable phrase) Basch's, Barret's and Cid from VII. All those characters seem to add that infinite sense of wisdom and maturity to the party, and prefer to side from infactuation of the female sex. Also, why are there never any elderly or middle aged women in the party?
    FFXII had Fran, who by Hume standards would be considered elderly.