Thread: disc 1 best weapons

okay...you can get all the best weapons on disc 1 accept for irvines, but can someone please explain to me in english what i have to to do with cards to get certain items

its been so long now i just cant understand?
    i keep searching and find that you can get quistis weapon before the fire cavern but you have 2 play tons of card games, but what do you do once you win a card game

please can anyone help?
    ive found out that say for instance i am getting zells ultimate weapon, one of the ingrdients is Adamantine,it then says Adamantoise drops these(level 30-100) des that mean my party has to be between levels 30 and a 100 ?

Just to make sure you're aware--don't double post, use the edit button! -kikimm

You need to have CardMod. And what it means by level 30-100 means the enemy. the enemys level as you do. And to get Adamatines you might wanna go to the tomb of the unknown king and get brothers cards and CardMod one of them and get 10 Adamatines, or get adamatine from the monsters in Dollet.

THIS might help tho.
    Last edited by Human Devil; 03-10-2007 at 02:05 PM.

thanks for help but theres still things i dont understand, first a lot of sites tell me to get quistis ultimate weapon on disc 1 you have to play lots of card games but how does this help me in getting the items needed for this weapon

When you learn the "Card" ability with Quetzacoatl it unlocks the "CardMod" ability. CardMod allows you to change cards into items (under the "Abilities" menu).

Some cards require more than one in order to create an item. For example, to create one energy crystal you need 10 Elnoyle cards.

I just started a file (six hours ago, that is), and I'm in the process of collecting cards, myself, at Balamb cafeteria.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

i now know eveything accept (may sound stupid) but what do you have to do/press to transfer cards into an item, do you do it in battle, the menu or what?

Weapon upgrades are not so important that you should spend all your time trying to upgrade everything as soon as possible. They're nice, but you should wait until it's easier to get the items for the higher upgrades. Find the items and upgrade at your convenience. What you really should be worrying about is collecting the strongest magic possible at low levels and junctioning it.

If you really want to upgrade everything ASAP, then you're going to have to play many card games to collect cards, and modify those cards to get the items necessary to upgrade.

The earliest possible time to get Squall's Lionheart is during the Dollet mission. I've heard that you can get Adamantine from the X-ATM092 robot after you defeat it. I've never gotten one, so I don't know the specifics about getting it. I would suggest waiting until you've gotten Minotaur's card to get the Adamantine. Other than that, you need 4 Dragon Fangs and 12 Pulse Ammo. I think high level Anacondaurs and Grendels drop Dragon Fangs. I've never done it, so I could be wrong. You'll need a total of 20 Elnoyle cards to get the 12 Pulse Ammo.

For Quistis's Save the Queen you need 2 Malboro Tentacles, 4 Sharp Spikes, and 4 Energy Crystals. Get the Malboro Tentacles by modifying Malboro cards. 40 Elnoyle cards will get you enough Energy Crystals. Modify Grand Mantis or Death Claw cards for the Sharp Spikes.

Zell's Ehrgeiz requires 1 Adamantine, 4 Dragon Skins, and 1 Fury Fragment. Modify Blue Dragon cards to get Fury Fragments.

Selphie's Strange Vision requires 1 Adamantine, 3 Star Fragments, and 2 Curse Spikes. Modify Iron Giant cards for Star Fragments, and Tri-Face cards for Curse Spikes.

The Shooting Star for Rinoa requires 2 Windmills, 1 Regen Ring, 1 Force Armlet, and 2 Energy Crystals. You plain cannot get Force Armlets until much later on in the game when you're in Esthar. The items for her Cardinal can all be gotten from modifying cards.

Irvine's Exeter requires 2 Dino Bones, 1 Moon Stone, 2 Star Fragments, and 18 Screws. Moon Stones simply cannot be found until late in the game from Imps and Elnoyles.

To modify cards, use Quezacotl's Card Mod ability in the menu. It's in the Abilities section.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    You plain cannot get Force Armlets until much later on in the game when you're in Esthar
    X-ATM092, Forbidden and Ochu drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    You plain cannot get Force Armlets until much later on in the game when you're in Esthar
    X-ATM092, Forbidden and Ochu drop them.
    I've heard that Ochu very rarely drop them, and they probably need to be at high levels anyway. I've never heard of Forbidden or X-ATM092 dropping them.

It's a high level rare drop for Ochu and Forbidden. When defeated, X-ATM092 will drop one of the following: Orihalcon, Power Wrist, HypnoCrown or Force Armlet.