Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game is so fustrtatingly hard it's making me SCREAM!

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Angry This game is so fustrtatingly hard it's making me SCREAM!

I'm so mad and fustrated at this game. I think I'm in the last dungeon somehow I have just managed to beat the Plague and get the Holy Lance. I don't even know how I beat it, I died to that thing about 8 times. Then suddenly the Doom effect started reversing itself and going back to 10 I was lucky that I won that Kain and Rosa were the only two alive. The next room where there are two lunasaurs I tried them and keep on losing. I though I could remove wall with Depsell, but wall is powerful that it can reflect that too. Those bosses and monsters are driving me crazy and then I tried and go on ahead where there are crystals everywhere, but every few seconds you take you run into a boss battle. The first one alone killed everyone except Kain and Kain didn't die because He was jumping every turn to dodge attacks. The next second I come across another Red Dragon, I run away from it, but not even in the next step I couldn't avoid being in a fight, I came into a battle with a gross looking head that casted wall on me and itself then obliterated everybody with a swarm of Holy's I HATE YOU FINAL FANTASY IV!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Yellow Winged Angel

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Just run from all of them. Screw the Behemoths/Red Dragons/Blue Dragons/Phases/Zemus Mind's.

How do I beat the Lunasaurs with their 2000 HP hitting Bio?

Yellow Winged Angel

FFXIV Character

Rosa spams Curaja, Kain jumps, Edge focuses attacks on one, Rydia spams Bahamut, and Cecil just attacks with Ragnarok. It's bearable as long as you stay healed. Also casting Reflect helps.

So does levelling up. Never had any problem facing any of those monsters in any version. Except some of the bosses.

DAMN YOU, OGOPOGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Rosa spams Curaja, Kain jumps, Edge focuses attacks on one, Rydia spams Bahamut, and Cecil just attacks with Ragnarok. It's bearable as long as you stay healed. Also casting Reflect helps.
    dang I guess I really need to hit it up because I don't have any of those abilities you mentioned except for Bahamut.

Yellow Winged Angel

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe the Lunasaurs only use the scary Bio/Reflect strategy if you use physical attacks on them. Try fighting them with just spamming Bahamut and see if that works any better (though I think they'll use Bad Breath after a point if you try this strategy). But if you're in the 50s, it should be bearable.

Also, as said previously, just run from the encounters on the crystal floors. Edge's Smoke Ninjutsu or Teleport can get you out of the battles quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I believe the Lunasaurs only use the scary Bio/Reflect strategy if you use physical attacks on them. Try fighting them with just spamming Bahamut and see if that works any better (though I think they'll use Bad Breath after a point if you try this strategy). But if you're in the 50s, it should be bearable.

Also, as said previously, just run from the encounters on the crystal floors. Edge's Smoke Ninjutsu or Teleport can get you out of the battles quickly.
    They just recover the damage every time I use a summon.

Yellow Winged Angel

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They'll always recover 2,300 damage with Recover. You should be able to do more than that with Bahamut.

Really I loved those final few bosses in FFIV. Made for a nice challenge and was better then most games now a days which through beefed up guys that use no strategy and make for nothing more then a meh experience.

But yeah as with any RPG if you can't beat em, then you either need more levels or a new strategy.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

I personally went on a ginormous leveling up spree that spanned several days. All my characters are currently lvl 60 or above. I've beaten the game twice.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Do you have the crystal sword (Ragnorak in the GBA version)? If you're missing it, you may want to get it. If you have it, all of Cecil's attacks should be doing 9999 damage to those things. I don't see what the problem could be.

If all else fails, gain 3 levels and try again.

I don't have Ragnarok I'm playing PS1 version

Yellow Winged Angel

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You'll have to fight Wyvern to get it then. And he's actually a whole lot tougher than the Lunasaurs. To get to Wyvern, you'll have to go across an invisible ledge on the sixth basement, which eventually leads to a room with a save point that leads to a ledge you probably saw before but couldn't reach.

FFXIV Character

It's the Crystal Sword then. =P
    Last edited by Jowy; 03-12-2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: TIME PARADOX~!