Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Game

Default New Game

I'm startting a new game. I have a Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage and one open spot. What would be the best possible character to go in here?

Warrior would make it easy.
    Sigless

Blog Entries

Making it a Thief will allow you to access all the facilities of the game.

Best possible - Warrior without a doubt... And I would also change Black mage for Red mage for a very strong party that needs few trips to inns, then again if you want challenge, go with a black belt or something

I would say either another Warrior or a thief. The warrior will help you power through the game but Thieves speed is better which is why they get more attacks faster making them some times stronger than a warrior. Your choice really but I'd go for a Warrior or Thief.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Warrior and thief are good choices. I actually like using a red mage in that spot. Be ye forewarned: a red mage will make your party quite expensive. However, this party's worked for me in the past.

It's really your choice when it comes to the RM. If you want a less tedious game, I'd reccomend the warrior or thief.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

I had the same party on my first three saves. Each save I chose the Thief for the blank spot. There will be fights where the wisest decision will be to run. I can't recall off the top of my head anytime my thieves have ever failed to run from monsters that are programmed to be....'runnable'.

It is ironic saying this, but my other alternate suggestion would be the BlackBelt (Monk). He needs little or no equipment to progress in power, saving you quite a bit of G.

Monk/BB. He doesn't need much armor and hits almost as hard as the Warrior

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Warrior, Red Mage, Thief, and Blackbelt.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Get a Red Mage in, a mixture of all three of the classes you already have for some hybrid funness
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I went with Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, and Thief. To all those who suggested Red Mage.... no.

As of now, my thief deals more damage than my Warrior. And gets his turns quicker. But dies more.

Oh, well.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

A Black Belt could easily fix that; granted by inevitably becoming the one that dies more...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i depends what version. two fighters ar less interesting than a fighter and a theif or a fighter and a monk/BB.

black belts can be the most powerful fighters and they are cheap. red mages and fighters are the two most expensive job classes to equip.

take these things into consideration but you cant go wrong with a WM/BM and two physcial job classes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    I went with Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, and Thief. To all those who suggested Red Mage.... no.
    You have exactly ten thousand words to explain yourself. You will fail at this.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKuS View Post
    Warrior, Red Mage, Thief, and Blackbelt.
    Yes.

Yeah, Fighter and Red Mage (and Theif to a certain degree) are expensive. However, if you like pure fire-power in your physical attacks, Fighter and Red Mage, combined with thief and a black belt gives you great offense. Plus the black belt is cheap, too.

I find having a white mage to do nothing but heal (and cast the odd harm spell) is freakin' boring. Plus Black mage is an unbelievable pussy, and casting black magic bores me too. The Red Mage can do both, and can contribute to the physical attack in a big way, too.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.