Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rap

You gotta go old-skool. Get the Sugarhill Gang and Afrika Bambaataa.
    They play hip-hop like it's supposed to be played.

Lady Sovereign is pretty good in my opinion.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammerman View Post
    Lady Sovereign is pretty good in my opinion.
    Yeah, that love me or hate me tune is stuck in my mind. She actually isn't that bad looking as well, and she over states that she's unattractive. She talks sense as well, when she MC's.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Well, I myself have a very large music range, I like mostly everything except modern day country, I can't sit here and say I only listen to underground rap, and rap that doesn't talk about Drugs money and hoes, because I'm sitting here with a Dr Dre shirt on. I will say that almost all new rap is getting really horrible, Nas said it best when he said hip hop is dead. Im a big fan of old school gangsta rap, like Dre, Ice Cube, Bone thugs(rep ohio:upsidedow ) NWA, and Tupac, and also more mid 90's-2000 rappers like nas, and Jay-Z. I also Like more underground, or low-key rappers like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, The roots, Dead Prez, and rappers like that.

And I will say that I like some modern Rap, like Lil' Wayne(well I dont like his own music much, but he's the best freestyler that I've ever heard) and The Game. Eminem I like but he gets Annoying, 50 Cent was alright for a while but he got annoying real quick too. But to say the least I like rap a lot, but it's still not my favorite genre.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hate most rap with a passion for its lack of complexity, point, and um...musical notes.
    However, I have found myself listening to Gym Class Heroes and Lupe Fiasco and found it rather catchy. I'd recommend them.
    Oh, and Linkin Park is a brilliant combination of the two genres. I love them.

Blog Entries

If you can't fin complexity you aren't looking in the right places.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    If you can't fin complexity you aren't looking in the right places.
    It isn't like I'm looking for it. I just base my opinion from what I've heard on MTV, VH1, and such.

Oh wait, MTV doesn't play music hardly anymore.

Blog Entries

Well, that right there is your problem.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Well, that right there is your problem.
    Nevertheless, I have never cared for rap because there isn't really any singing in it...I like singing. Rap is just so...monotonous.

I have to say, Linkon Park definitely hits me with their tunes. Avery nifty combination, I'd say. Of course, I'm not going to lie to you guys, I like it that Gangsta Rap, Hip Hop, and all those tunes you hear today being produced. I also prefer to just chill and listen to Tupac or some Biggie, and maybe tunes from the past. For comic relief, I'd laugh at one of Will Smith's tracks--Summertime.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    I hate most rap with a passion for its lack of complexity, point, and um...musical notes.
    However, I have found myself listening to Gym Class Heroes and Lupe Fiasco and found it rather catchy. I'd recommend them.
    PP, it sounds to me that your listening to the wrong people when it comes to this genre. That's why you shouldn't judge something that obviously have more than one side to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I have to say, Linkon Park definitely hits me with their tunes. Avery nifty combination, I'd say. Of course, I'm not going to lie to you guys, I like it that Gangsta Rap, Hip Hop, and all those tunes you hear today being produced. I also prefer to just chill and listen to Tupac or some Biggie, and maybe tunes from the past. For comic relief, I'd laugh at one of Will Smith's tracks--Summertime.

As far you hazzard, I tell you like it is. Linkin' Park is a good mixture, but is for the most part punk rock. Sorry, but if I was looking for some all out Rap and Hip hop, I wouldn't go to them. And today's Gangster Rap sucks. I mean, There is a few out the pack this cool, but most sucks. The late 80s to mid 90s is THE best.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReepa
    As far you Hazzard. The late 80s to mid 90s is THE best.
    Now that's something I agree with.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    PP, it sounds to me that your listening to the wrong people when it comes to this genre. That's why you shouldn't judge something that obviously have more than one side to it.
    I could say the same for emo music. But does anyone listen to me when I say the same thing? No.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I love emo music. Evanescence is my new CRACK!!!! Rap is not always about drugs, women, and cars. The sound of the music is what makes rap not the message. At least thats what I believe. Girlfriend by Avril is totally pop, but sk8r boi is totally punk rock. I think Nas is okay nothing GREAT nothing horrible. Rap, like other music has its goods and its bads. Typhoon what now?!

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    I love emo music. Evanescence is my new CRACK!!!! Rap is not always about drugs, women, and cars. The sound of the music is what makes rap not the message. At least thats what I believe. Girlfriend by Avril is totally pop, but sk8r boi is totally punk rock. I think Nas is okay nothing GREAT nothing horrible. Rap, like other music has its goods and its bads. Typhoon what now?!
    I never exactly thought of Evanescence as emo. >_>