Thread: Whats a sweet but diverse party some of you have built?

Default Whats a sweet but diverse party some of you have built?

Just lookin for ideas...i want a team that can really kick some ass but is diverse enough to be alot of fun having different weapons and what not.
    -=-Setharion-=-
    If you love RPGs check out this link:http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/?u=setharion

Warrior, Monk, Red Mage, White Mage for the beginning of the game.

Knight, Dark Knight, Red Mage, White Mage for most of the game.

Knight, Ninja, Sage, Devout for the end of the game.

I was reading something that said the Knights work as effective healers or can replace a healer basically, how true is that in the game?

Btw...how do you guys handle your job changing, do you go to particular leveling spots to get em up or just go with it?
    -=-Setharion-=-
    If you love RPGs check out this link:http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/?u=setharion

Knights can only use Level 1 white magic, which is useless late in the game when monsters are dealing attacks that can wipe out half of your party's HP.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

I did a pretty cool party once:
    Knight, Thief, Scholar, Geomancer

The Knight and the Thief would attack, the Scholar would also do so, with his elemental books he could deal the same damage as a Knight (If the enemy had any element though.) The Geomancer would cast his powerfull and free magic, and if I felt like, I could bring him to the front to attack (He had a very high atk power, but had low defense.)

There was no necesity for a healer, the Thief stole High Potions from the enemies, and the Scholar would use them to heal everyone, + the Knight's White Magic, I didn't need any more healing. Since the Scholars doubled the effect of the items they used, and had high Inteligence, those Magic-Casting items were really usefull, I once did like 2000-4000 damage against someone, but I don't remember.

So: Everyone has High Atk, even the mages, which can also cast powerfull magic, and they don't need a White Mage since they have enough healing capabilities.

The Problem of that party is that it only works for a short time. From the Fire Crystal to the Water Crystal, that's it. After that it turns very weak, but I liked it a lot.

Im trying to get the final boss down with

Bard, Ninja, Sage, Viking.

It's nice because if the Viking lands Provoke with 2 crystal sheilds on, he'll talk 0-1 physical dmg. The ninja can just sit back and use shurikens. On the First turn (and after any turn where the monster doesn't do damage) the Bard's Requieum does 9999 dmg to all targets, then can buff and heal other turns and the Sage can do summons and use arise.

Before I beat it with Knight, Dragoon, Blackbelt, Devout. That was nice because alot of the time my dragoon would be in the air and would survive an attack that would kill everyone else. With good armor and The blood lance, his HP would be high enough to get the devout back up and save the team.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Bard.

Be a Bard.

Full Party of Bardly Bards!