Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Micro-sleeps"? Or what was this called...?

Blog Entries

I don't know science, but I know history, and these naps are what Thomas Edison used to take while he worked to create that light bulb.

They say he never sleeped, but he did. In naps like this. He was just too excited/determined to get the job done to sleep for long periods of time away from his work.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really need one looong sleep once in a while ^^ Can't just sleep for short periods of time all the time, I wouldn't even be able to fall asleep.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I nap a lot, i dont sleep much during the night, so I mkae up for it during the day, i get 8 hours a day, just not at once, I go to bed at 5am, get up at 9am, sleep from 1pm to 4pm then stay up until 5am, and the cycle repeats during the week, when Friday hits I get up between 2-4pm, after going to bed at 7 or 8 am, same for Saturday, Sunday follows the going to bed of the week and the getting up of the weekend. If i forgo my 3 hour nap after lunch/before supper, i either go to bed earlier, or just pull an all nighter for a couple of days then sleep all of Friday or Saturday. And since it's 7am now I've no concious though of what I'm typing, hence, going to bed now and getting up at noon. If someone can translate this for me in a few hours, I'd be apreciative cause I'd like to know what I just said, but in English, and not sleep-deprevationese.

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Noon naps get me disoriented in the next remaining hours after I wake up. I don't feel refreshed, and I usually catch myself staring into space.

Happy Birthday to Me

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I never take these kinds of naps. If I find myself drifting off at 8pm and wake up two hours later then I'd probably just go to sleep
    ...Geddit?

Blog Entries

I took a 4 hour nap once. n_n I didn't go nocturnal, sadly.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I nap for too long, when I wake up I have a headache and feel really hot and irritable. So I try not to. But if I sleep less than an hour, or more than two and a half, I tend to be fine.

Blog Entries

In Australia there was a pretty big ad campaign about micro-sleeping and how it's important to "stop, revive, survive" every 2 hours when driving long distances.

But I think you're after the term "power-napping" which I do often enough. Usually on public transport and in exceedingly boring lectures.

In all seriousness, there's nothing more refreshing than a 10+ hour sleep. The best feeling in the world comes after waking up, going back to sleep and waking up again. At this point, I really feel as if I've accomplished something. Naps are fine but I'd rather take a couple of espresso shots, tough it out and find something else to do.