Thread: Garrison: Tips/Tricks

Default Garrison: Tips/Tricks

I have decided that I want to do a garrison with my Ls, more than likely gonna be the West Ron to start off with. I have been reading up on it at the FFXIClopedia and it just calls for a basic exp party with the exception of having a kiter.

So I was wondering if there were any other additional tips or tricks that could be passed along so that this dont turn into a slaughter. Even though FFXIClopedia is a good guide its always better to hear from the most experianced of players.

Id like the same please. Some from my LS have done the West Ron Garrison a couple times and they are 1/2. When I do it, id rather not want to get pooned on my first time.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Garrison is largely based on luck regardless of how skilled you might be. I can't add much to the strategies suggested.

Have a kiter kite one mob per wave while the rest fight the others. It's best to go a little healer heavy and focus on keeping the NPCs (and kiter) alive. If this means you kill a little slower, so be it. Also, make sure everyone has plenty of juice and milk if possible. Having that regen/refresh makes a huge difference to being able to outlast your enemies.

I forget exactly been forever, but i think i remember using a BRD to Horde Lullaby it while everyone mobs one of the monsters an NPC goes after. No matter what an NPC WILL die. More tanks are recommended to keep hate off the NPCs, and a RDM is recommended too to Gravity.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    I forget exactly been forever, but i think i remember using a BRD to Horde Lullaby it while everyone mobs one of the monsters an NPC goes after. No matter what an NPC WILL die. More tanks are recommended to keep hate off the NPCs, and a RDM is recommended too to Gravity.
    Yea garrison is just like besieged in the sense that the NPCs are idiotic, and take hate from the alliance/party.

------------------------------------------
    Also avoid having too many mages.. They cause super amounts of lag if you are in a large alliance.... Also if you tell them that they'll get pissed off at ya...

OOOH this sounds fun!
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Kiter takes one, then cast sleep or something. Others fight the rest and kill. Heal npc's then rest a bit and then bring back last one and kill off. That's basically what we did and we owned. It was in... I forget what it's called... the Jungle East of La Theine. I haven't played in months.
    Nandattebayo!!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Jugner forest?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

There we go... Thank you .
    Nandattebayo!!!