Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to discuss shiny pokemon

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Default I want to discuss shiny pokemon

So in my day ive caught a shiny gyarados (duh) a shiny bellsprout, a shiny meowth and a shiny hariyama all from different pokemon games. Now i'm specifically searching for a shiny dratini. The odds of encountering one are 8192 if i recall... ive encountered 2884 so far but i am reluctant to give up

My questions are, what shiny pokemon have you been fortunate to encounter? Have you specifically tried hunting one? And most importantly how lucky you've been in how many battles you've had to fight until you encounter one?

I encountered a shiny Tauros the other day and i will never forget that moment when he ran away... wounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I have never caught any shiny Pokemon that I have specifically been hunting, but I have however captured: Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Nidoran (Female), Shiny Voltorb, and a Shiny Slowpoke.

All have reached their highest evolution, Slowpoke becoming a Slowking.

I've never really put in the effort for hunting a shiny Pokemon, but that's really because I recall reading that they actually, in most cases, have poorer base stats than those of the regular variety.

2884?

That's an insane amount of time to waste.
    Word/s.

Whenever I intentionally hunt down shiny pokemon. They tend to not show up, but when I'm busy doing osmething else. They show up, and that's when I usually capture them.. IT was back befor eI gave away my silver version to my little brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    I have never caught any shiny Pokemon that I have specifically been hunting, but I have however captured: Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Nidoran (Female), Shiny Voltorb, and a Shiny Slowpoke.

All have reached their highest evolution, Slowpoke becoming a Slowking.

I've never really put in the effort for hunting a shiny Pokemon, but that's really because I recall reading that they actually, in most cases, have poorer base stats than those of the regular variety.
    i read that in red,blue,yellow,gol,silver and crystal all shiny pokemon have the same IVs (of ten) exept their HP i think. But in all the following games their IVs are as random as any other pokemon. Base stats never change for a species as far as im aware.

I'm up to 3300 battles so im nearly halfway... a brand spanking new shiny glossy glimmering gleaming dragonite will soon be mine mwahah
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega View Post
    I'm up to 3300 battles so im nearly halfway... a brand spanking new shiny glossy glimmering gleaming dragonite will soon be mine mwahah

WINDMILLS PROBABILITY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
    Word/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega View Post

WINDMILLS PROBABILITY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
    1/8192.... my chances of finding one are 1 in 8192..... if i dont get one before 8192 then im highly unlucky o_O

ED: yay i found one 3841 encounters and he's got generally good IVs and the right nature too woo
    Last edited by Shin Gouken; 03-17-2007 at 06:49 PM.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I once fished up a shiny Poliwag!

its lips were green

and it pwned in Pokemon Stadium 2.!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I had a shiny Celebi.

...then again, I used a GameShark for that. <3

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I got you all beat. Shiny Ditto! There I was just evolving stuff to fill the Dex in Cerulean cave and I was watching TV with the sound barely on and I was kinda zoned out and there was a weird and I looked down just soon enough to see a little sparkle on a Ditto. I can have a Shiny Version of anything...at least for a battle.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

People please, you're obsessing over a game made for ten year-olds. Grow up!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    People please, you're obsessing over a game made for ten year-olds. Grow up!
    I've been playing since I was 9-- 8 years ago. I was obsessed then, not so much now. It's just a fun memory.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    I had a shiny Celebi.

...then again, I used a GameShark for that. <3
    Yeah, same here. It was pink. I also had a shiny mew, and a shiny suicune. ^_^

I also once hatched a shiny Magby in Crystal without a gameshark. How's that for dumb luck?

Shiny Magicarp <3

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I have a shiny Raichu, which hatched as a Pichu out of the Odd Egg in Crystal version.