Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats wronge with the gameplay

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Default whats wronge with the gameplay

alot of people hate the ff12 gameplay so it strays from original style whats wronge with that i didnt have a problem with it, why do you hate itor why do you think people dont like it
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

i personally don't think anything is wrong with the gameplay. maybe people don't like it because it was more like diablo or something...i dunno.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

As long as they don't take away the victory fanfare I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    alot of people hate the ff12 gameplay so it strays from original style whats wronge with that i didnt have a problem with it, why do you hate itor why do you think people dont like it
    I haven't seen many people who don't like the gameplay. I think most people dislike it because of the storyline instead.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    People are having fanny fits, not many, over the removal of random battles. I say, it's glad we did away with them, because FF is constantly changing, and needs to adapt to new battle systems, etc.

I love the gameplay meself.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have rarely seen people complain about gameplay. Quite the opposite. Gameplay is XII's saving grace to me and many others. Story and characters OTOH..
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    I have rarely seen people complain about gameplay. Quite the opposite. Gameplay is XII's saving grace to me and many others. Story and characters OTOH..
    Don't start woman. You'll get me going. <___<

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Nothing's wrong with the gameplay. It was very enjoyable IMO

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I really enjoyed the gamplay as well. The majority seem to like it to me. I suppose those that don't simply find it too passive of an experience. I thank the Great Jubbah random encounters are finally gone.

The main problem with FFXII's gameplay is that once you start getting decent Gambits (which actually isn't that far in the game), your AI controlled characters get TOO smart and make the game easy. There's the option of turning off Gambits, but using the Wait mode makes combat too "stiff" in this game and takes away from the action. Using Active mode likewise makes this game harder than it would be with Gambits (especially when confronted by many enemies (Giruvegan for example)) and less fun as well. I don't speak for everyone though, so this is my personal opinion.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

I hate the entirety of FFXII's gameplay. IMHO it is much more boring to see what you are going to attack before you attack it. Another problem with its system is that you can choose what you are going to fight. I really enjoyed the surprise of what would pop up in random battles. It would even be better if it could be more like KH's system, having the Heartless pop up when you approach. Also I really didn't like the way you have to control your allies, due to the fact I really don't want to have to turn off and on their Gambits all the time, make them set new enemies to attack, cast magic on whatever and all the general battle commands due to its slowness. I also just do not like the way you fight, having your meter fill up then *slash* and having to fill it up again. Now that works for a turn-based game like FF7, FF8 etc. but I find it does not work here because of all the different things that can occur e.g. Enemy runs away, another enemy joins the battle, an ally joins the battle etc.

OK I'm off to play some good ol FFX.

There is nothing wrong with the gameplay, it bests the other Final Fantasy games in terms of gameplay. Anyone who says otherwise are just people who can't keep up with the gameplay because they suck at it!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The horribly debilitating lack of a need to hit the X button. My frail Kingdom Hearts hands cannot take such a brutal and painful punishment! Let me wallow in my sorrow, for my hands are not chapped and BLEEDING.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    The horribly debilitating lack of a need to hit the X button. My frail Kingdom Hearts hands cannot take such a brutal and painful punishment! Let me wallow in my sorrow, for my hands are not chapped and BLEEDING.
    You are the biggest drama queen I've ever known . And that's something since I know myself. Give my tiara back.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

i would have also preferd the kh action gameplay were you can constantley atack it keep you on your feet and its more interesting the gameplay in 12 was more of an online rpg gameplay like ff11 which i play
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3