Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NiGHTS! And it's not the fake box art I keep posting, either!

Sega and Sonic Team are still together, dude.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

I could of swore that I heard that Sega sold Sonic Team due to the resounding loss of money incurred from the "dreamcast incident"...

EDIT: I've done a little trawling on the net and i cant find anything on Sonic Team being sold...man i feel like an ass right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    *gives you a cookie for behaving*

No chocolate chip? *kicks you in the back so hard your kidnies pop out of your nose.*

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    What's left of Sonic Team anyway.

I'm actually a little worried about this now. Due to the aforementioned current state of Sonic Team, the fact that classic NiGHTS gameplay works alot better with an analog stick than a pointer and the fact that this is making Shenmue 3 look alot further off.
    Word/s.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Everyone hold on a moment.

Before you get your hopes up, take a look at Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

Different magazines, yes. But they are both the APRIL issue. This is potentially an April Fools joke.

Potentially.

Regardless, I wouldn't be worried about any 'traditional' game coming to the Wii. Wii has 'normal/traditional' controllers as well. I would definitely be concerned about the further burial of the Shenmue series though.

If it is an april fools joke it's a pretty smurfing sick one.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by omegaweapon2005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Personally i cant play a puzzle game for long enough to call it a "classic" if it doesnt have a good story or something that makes me determined to play...as for Tetris it sucks...always has, always will.

The only puzzle game ive ever spent any real time with to bust a move 2 (lol popping bubbles is just SO much fun...*sarcasm*) but thats only on 2 player...
    Well that's your fault for having a crappy attention span.

*plays Meteos*
    Heh slinging around insults is hardly going to enforce your point roto...:-P
    It does, because he's right and you're wrong. A game can be a classic because of a plethora of reasons. You not liking a few of those reason doesn't change anything. Tetris is a classic. Mario Bros is a classic. Neither of these have a particularly awesome story, and I personally find tetris lame as smurf. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's a classic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Tetris is a great game if implemented properly and absolutely awesome if you don't have anything else to do. I mean, alone the title-midi is worth a fortune.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm A Dickhead
    I've done a little trawling on the net and i cant find anything on Sonic Team being sold...man i feel like an ass right now...
    You do sound like an ass. Especially when everybody knows that your wrong, but your to busy arguing to notice. Quality puzzle games have longevity. Tetris, Lumines, Meteos. And sweeping generalizations about genres will get you nowhere in an argument.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Boys, not in the house.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Cruise Control View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm A Dickhead
    I've done a little trawling on the net and i cant find anything on Sonic Team being sold...man i feel like an ass right now...
    You do sound like an ass. Especially when everybody knows that your wrong, but your to busy arguing to notice. Quality puzzle games have longevity. Tetris, Lumines, Meteos. And sweeping generalizations about genres will get you nowhere in an argument.
    I admit i'm wrong about the whole Sega thing but there is no need to throw it in my face like that, have some civility for god's sake! As for what you guys call "classic" i call a pointless and genuinely boring piece of software so get over it. Afterall not EVERYONE in the world is going to share the same opinion as you and you should respect that! You make it sound like im insulting your mother or something which really makes you look pathetic for caring so much about a game that's over a decade old.
    Last edited by Fatal Impurity; 03-18-2007 at 02:29 PM.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Final Fantasy VII is (just) over a decade old now, and all the FF games before it obviously are too, yet under your criteria they're mostly classics, and I'm pretty sure most people at this site care about at least one of them. DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE ALL PATHETIC FOR LIKING OLD GAMES? OH NOEZ!!

Also, I really wanted to play NiGHTS back in the day. I hope this ends up being real so I can finally find out what the deal is.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is (just) over a decade old now, and all the FF games before it obviously are too, yet under your criteria they're mostly classics, and I'm pretty sure most people at this site care about at least one of them. DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE ALL PATHETIC FOR LIKING OLD GAMES? OH NOEZ!!

Also, I really wanted to play NiGHTS back in the day. I hope this ends up being real so I can finally find out what the deal is.
    I never said people are pathetic for liking game's that old i said people are pathetic for having ago at someone who doesnt like them. People who are obsessive over something as small and as old as Tetris needs their head examined.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never said people are pathetic for liking game's that old i said people are pathetic for having ago at someone who doesnt like them. People who are obsessive over something as small and as old as Tetris needs their head examined.
    If your criteria for not liking an old game is simply that it's an old game, then you deserve to have a go had at you. By that logic, X-Com is a bad game. And that notion is roffleworthy.