Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not Much of a Final Fantasy.....

I don't think there's more to add other than that Moon Rabbits, Xyex, GF_Diablos and Wolf Kanno summed it up for me.

Oh, and this is quite interesting. Search results of interviews from the game designers themselves.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I prefer to think of ff12 as having the basic markup of ff9(lots of references) except not sucking so hard!

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Says Guy:

"NO LIKE OTHER FF. MAKE THIS GAME NOT FF.
    NO NOBUO IN FF BUT END MAKE GAME NO FF.
    NO RANDOM ENCOUNTERS I COMPLAINED FOR LONG TIME ABOUT MAKE NO FF.
    I SPEAK BEAVER."

Doubleplus ungood game due to doubleplus unlike other FF.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xyex... I love you

Something's wrong when technology improves, and the games that comes with it, gets worse.

I played FFIX as a "warm up" before I played FFXII..now I've just had the first fight with Cid, and I havent bothered to play in 2 days.

That was never the case with FFIX. It was fun ALL the time, and the music...nobou at his best.
    Not one bad tune in the entire game. Everything was excelent

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crizpy View Post
    Words and things
    Then go play IX.

There are plenty of game series which are the same as the older FF games, try Wild ARMs or Star Ocean, they have lots of old time stuff in.

I am so sick of all thease "Is this really a real Final Fantasy game?" Threads there are to many of them right now I get the feeling that people is trying to oveflow us with them.

Okay, I know everyone has the right to tell their opinion. But everyone that is disapointed in this game or just dislike it musnīt start their own thread with just their opinion. Why not stick to the other 50 already existing threads and write that kind of opinions in them.

Instead of telling my point of veiw in a new thread I am going to tell it here instead in an allready existing thread.

But it's not a Final Fantasy.
    Great! someone that really knows what a real Final Fantasy game is. So I am exicted, come on tell me what is a real Final Fantasy game then if this isnīt a real FF game.

It completely makes no sense, but this game is too much like Star Wars.
    Firstly, the team that was working with FF12 is big fan of Star Wars. Therfore they took some insperation there from.
    But Star Wars wasnīt the first and only with that kind of story.

Thanks alot, Square-Enix, for wasting 108 hours of my life. Thanks alot.
    You wasted 108 hours of your life on your own will. It wasnīt Square Enix fault that you played through the entire game eventhough there was parts you really didnīt like. You can only blame yourself for this.

And I want to end this post with:

Stop comparing all the Final Fantasy games with each other, the only FF game that actually had a follower was FF-X. All the other FF games are separate games that dosenīt have anything to do with each other so stop comparing all of them all the time and let them all be diffrent games with diffrent good and bad things.

Last edited by Angel_from_hell; 03-22-2007 at 09:20 PM.

They're like angry villagers, they fear change and want things to stay similar to the "old" games. So lets see! Old gameplay that makes you want to poke both your eyes out to avoid seeing it? Check. Now how about combining that with new age graphics? OH MY GOD, We've got the perfect final fantasy. Not.

Ps, change = Good. I would have stopped playing final fantasy if new innovations like the gambit system or the new more action/moving based battle system hadnt been introduced.

Oh and sure, it hasnt got some of the old summons but whats the dealio? I LIKE the new summons, just because they don't have that nostalgic feel that makes you want to jerk off doesent mean its a bad change. It adds something NEW. "I can't wait to play the next final fantasy game, I wonder what new summons it'll feature! and its a...ifrit, the same attack but done differently and in a cooler but longer way, OH MY GOD, I THINK I CAME."

*Rants on more*

Ps, before anyone says anything about the story, I know it was slightly non-existant but it was quite a mature story and I love it.

I sometimes wonder if people think the main qualification FF has to have to be considered as having a storyline is a romance. At least that's the feeling I've gotten from many posters that complain about XII's lack of story. Really, it's sweet and nice and stuff, but it's not the "be all and end all". :/

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy
    I'm glad the Kyon-kun facepalm is appreciated and used. 8-)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Chocobo

IMHO this is the best Final Fantasy I have played (FFX, FFX-2).. im 12!

If your so eager to say bad things about this game, then why post in the forum section then??

The same thing happened to Renmiri a week or 2 ago.

I posted a thread about if you like Balthier or not and then Renmiri goes and gets a pic of Balthier and a pic of Young Darth Vader and compared the 2. Thus making people question his good looks.

Its SE trying to "break the mould" from its past Final Fantasy games, dont worry FFXIII will probably be alot better
    FFXI Online-Hume 75 PLD 75 DRK 40 WAR 20 THF
    WoW-Human 70 Warrior 70 Rogue 70 Mage 70 Priest
    FFXII-Story Complete/Hunts Complete
    Basch Master Paladin/Durandal:Zodiac Escutcheon
    Balthier Master Dark Knight/Tournesol
    Fran Master Sorcerer/Staff Of The Magi

Favourite Animes-Prince Of Tennis, Full Moon Wo Sagashi te, Azumanga Daioh, Excel Saga, Oulaw Star, Naruto, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Ah My Goddess, Full Metal Alchemist, Maburaho, Great Teacher Onizuka, Onegai Teacher, Chrono Crusade, He is My Master, Trigun, Onegai Twins, Kanon, Air TV, Bleach, Shuffle, Ouran High School Host Club, Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Final Fantasy Unlimited

not all games are perfect but there are some that are very good to play...

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious_Virtue View Post
    Its SE trying to "break the mould" from its past Final Fantasy games, dont worry FFXIII will probably be alot better
    Proofage? You don't know that until the game is released, and only then it's a matter of opinion.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!