Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grindhouse

though i never judge a movie by the previews...it's hard to keep to that after seeing the previews for this one (or two...whatever)

anyway i don't know if i'll see it, and if i do, it'll have to be free and i'll expect fellatio while i watch it.

I might go see this, but it looks rather cheesy. Like one of those campy B movies that overdo it on action stuff. Like this will be the movie equiviliant of a rocket launcher that shoots exploding sharks with chainsaws for teeth and flamethrowers for eyes.

just saw it several hours ago, awesome movie

Easily the best film(s) of the year thus far.

Apparantly the two movies will be split up in other parts of the world and released seperately. How terrible.

Coming out on June 1st in the UK, absolute bullcrap, why the hell are we waiting so long for this movie. And if its split up in the UK I swear to god....

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    I might go see this, but it looks rather cheesy. Like one of those campy B movies that overdo it on action stuff. Like this will be the movie equiviliant of a rocket launcher that shoots exploding sharks with chainsaws for teeth and flamethrowers for eyes.
    That's kind of the point of the movie. If you go in expecting and wanting to see something of a tribute to those old exploitation movies (as was said earlier) you won't be dissapointed.

I loved Grindhouse myself. Assault rifles are officially the most useful prosthetic limbs ever, and even though Death Proof managed to be kind of boring through a good chunk of it, the two car chases made up for it as far as I'm concerned. The ending was most unexpected.

Im deciding to boycott the film as its official that the two movies will be split up in Europe. Piracy is what they get for pissing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    though i never judge a movie by the previews...it's hard to keep to that after seeing the previews for this one (or two...whatever)

anyway i don't know if i'll see it, and if i do, it'll have to be free and i'll expect fellatio while i watch it.
    i'm eating my words...i had no idea what the point of the film (films) was and then after seeing it i can honestly say it's one of the best cinema experiences of my life...scratch that, it was the best.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

i went to go see it today i loved planet Terror, but really Deathprooof bored me to death with all that random conversation. I left out because I had to go somewhere, but I walked out on the part where the new set of girls go to some guy's house to buy a car, was there really anything there to keep watching the movie afterwards? Youy can tell me what happens since I don't plan on seeing it again.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    i went to go see it today i loved planet Terror, but really Deathprooof bored me to death with all that random conversation. I left out because I had to go somewhere, but I walked out on the part where the new set of girls go to some guy's house to buy a car, was there really anything there to keep watching the movie afterwards? Youy can tell me what happens since I don't plan on seeing it again.
    Yeah, you pretty much missed the best part of the entire movie. Its a car chase if your wondering, but not some by the books yawn fest. Its the most insane car chase in the history of cinema and probably the most insane spectacle Ive ever seen. I refuse to spoil it, its just that good. I think theres a video on youtube of it, go watch that.

EDIT
    YouTube - Grindhouse - Death Proof ENDING 1/2
    YouTube - Grindhouse - Death Proof ENDING 2/2
    Last edited by Dreddz; 05-28-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

This film looks to be really good, I may go see it.

Str8 Pimpin'