Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z MMO

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    Seeing as how Saiyan's are like the most powerful race in the game, why play anything else? Plus you'll only be able to get some very necessary SSJ action with a Saiyan.
    *lets the DBZ nerd out*

Well, depending how closely they stick to the established plot elements, the Super Saiyan ability might be a very limited, endgame kinda thing. 200 years later, the Saiyan blood would be so diluted that it would make the Super Saiyan ability either more rare, or significantly less powerful. The first 1/2 saiyans were able to transform pretty easily, but aside from Gohan the others never got that much more powerful on their own.

I'd imagine the game would have some balancing elements to make the other races more attractive with similarly cool abilities, so as not to make Saiyans as broken as they are in most DBZ games.
    Haha, we both posted the same kind of thing :P

DBZ NERDS UNITE >.>

I'm not a nerd <.<
    jkhkjg

Wow, that should be cool.

Too bad it's JP ONRY. >,<

OMAIGAZ, YOU LAIK TOTALLY MADE A POST.

You're not allowed to do that, go back to your hole.
    jkhkjg

Well, here's the thing. Let's put the three races compaired to other MMOs.

Humans- Like in most MMOs they're balanced, while having no real weakness they have no strength

Saiyans- Since they're the brutish race of the series they're more of a physical fighter, they'd have good physical attack and defense they compensate with low ki (the DBZ world's version of Magic)

Nameks- Since they're a wise race with long lifespans they would have low physical stats but make up for it with very powerful ki attacks and skills.

Also, there are more sentient lifeforms in the Dragon Ball world than just humans, saiyans, and Nameks. The planet 'earth' that world has is inhabited by humaniod animal-like people (dogs, cats, bears, etc), and what about the other races shown off in the series, like the Icejins (I think that's the name of Frieza's race), or maybe even a race of Androids (like Android 18 *fanboy crush*), also, what about the demon-lime monsters from King Dabura's world, or maybe a hybrid species like Cell *crosses fingers*? Not only would their be all of these races but alliances would be in this too. You could be like a Z-Fighter and protect the galaxy from random badguys, you could be part of the evil Empire that was once led by Frieza's family, you could even be part of the Majin mage clan. That also leaves out another thing, character classes. You can be a fighter that fights along the lines of Master Roshi, or fight the brutelike style the space-alien badguys fought (Ginyu Force, etc) or probably use nothing but magic/ki (the nameks, the Majins, yadda yadda).

*puts away DBZ nerd hat*

No no, the saiyans are extinct now. The saiyans have intergrated with the humans. Am I right?
    jkhkjg

Well, storyline wise, yes. But that's what they said when (SPOILER)Brolly came around. Who knows if more sayians survived (probably weren't on planet Vegeta upon it's destruction) and repopulated on another planet.

200 years to have enough descendants to populate an MMORPG... man, Saiyans are horny bastards.

Roto wins.

If Im a Saiyan I want an f'in tail and be able to turn into a goddamn monkey.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    200 years to have enough descendants to populate an MMORPG... man, Saiyans are horny bastards.

Well dayum, who WOULDN'T be a horny bastard? Most of the Dragon Ball women were fine-assed-foxes before they became aged. Before the Cell saga Bulma was a fricken fox.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I dislike the look of it. it being an MMO. it is something I have to take into account.

Broly doesn't count, he's a movie character >: | But you're right, if the saiyans job was to kill other planets and sell them, I guess there's bound to be at least like, 20 other saiyans who survived... (Unless they were picked off by Freeza or something)

My friend doesn't like Dragonball, but he said a Dragonball MMO would "probably be quite fun actually"
    jkhkjg

Actually, the following idea might end up being good or end up ruining the game for others. Destructable environments, go fight somebody and end up blowing up a mountain during battle? The mountain would stay gone.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

That planet better be as BIG AS ALL HELL, or the game better have multiple planets of which you can traverse.

This could prove interesting, if it came out in English, and I didn't have to pay for it.

Dragonballs fix everything!
    jkhkjg