Thread: Download plugin problem.

Default Download plugin problem.

For whatever reason, I'm having great trouble downloading things using either IE or Netscape.
    Websites load fine, but when I try downloading anything, it tells me I have a plugin error, and that a plugin was detected, but an error with it occured.

I don't use Go!Zilla, so it's just the IE/Netscape download manager, but I can't download anything nonetheless. So...*pleads for help*
    No matter what your opinion of yourself may be, within every insecure person lies the thought that you are better than s/he.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

My parents' computer has a similar problem. IE is incapable of using Save As... on their computer. Netscape works, but IE doesn't. Using a download manager works, and sites load fine in IE, but it can't Save As... I've never figured out the problem. I tried everything. Reinstalling IE might fix the problem for you though. I don't know.

If you never get it working, you could always try to somehow get a download manager, on a disk off of someone you know, perhaps, and install it on your computer, and use that to download. They're better than using IE or Netscape directly, anyways.

Gimme my pie and chips! Recognized Member Cactuar2000's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Which IE version are you running? If it isn't 6, an upgrade may be worth a shot.
    If you don't know who I am you were clearly of single digit age when I stopped posting on this forum.

I'm old skool.

..and FF8 is clearly still the best.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Disable Content Advisor

And possibly change the security settings in the Internet Options control panel to let you download (safe) plugins.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP