Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: The reasons why FFVII gamers can choose to ignore The Compilation if they wish

you're repeating yourself now.

yes the retcon is canon. i admitted this a few pages ago. then i admitted to admitting this a few pages ago and pointed out how people were still saying "YEAH BUT ITS CANON".

and how do you reply? BY TELLING ME ITS CANON? WELL SIR, YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!!

where's the logical disconnection?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    you're repeating yourself now.

yes the retcon is canon. i admitted this a few pages ago. then i admitted to admitting this a few pages ago and pointed out how people were still saying "YEAH BUT ITS CANON".

and how do you reply? BY TELLING ME ITS CANON? WELL SIR, YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!!
    Seriously? Are you reading my posts? It does not look like it from this reply. Because I at no point declared anything about the canon in my previous post, aside from noting that the feelings of people about FF7 are irrelevant to a discussion of said canon.
    Granted, I should not expect great reading skills from you. You did get "over emotional" from "emotional appeals" after all.

where's the logical disconnection?
    Where you go from "They pay money" to "Their experience of the game that is the only rewarding thing to be taken from this whole videogame industry."
    The latter does not follow from the former. You will have to show how the former means the latter if you wish the statement to stand.

There are also the several times you go from my statement to a complete distortion of my statement, but I suspect that stems more from poor reading comprehension than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post

Seriously? Are you reading my posts? It does not look like it from this reply. Because I at no point declared anything about the canon in my previous post, aside from noting that the feelings of people about FF7 are irrelevant to a discussion of said canon.
    Granted, I should not expect great reading skills from you. You did get "over emotional" from "emotional appeals" after all.

Where you go from "They pay money" to "Their experience of the game that is the only rewarding thing to be taken from this whole videogame industry."
    The latter does not follow from the former. You will have to show how the former means the latter if you wish the statement to stand.

There are also the several times you go from my statement to a complete distortion of my statement, but I suspect that stems more from poor reading comprehension than anything else.
    k here's me:
    "without the fans, there is no squaresoft and there is no final fantasy."

now allow me to explain what i meant by this. i meant square is a company that makes money. if final fantasy did not sell (ie was not bought by the fans) they would not make money, and thus, they would not make games. therefore, final fantasy would not exist without the fans.

i had assumed someone of such a higher form of intellect would have understood what i meant, but obviously not. as for "the fans experience being the only rewarding thing to come from the videogame industry"... well, okay you could be technical and say "the designers feel a sense of achievement!" or "they get paid!" or all that kind of thing. but basically what i was saying is that the most positive part of the game industry, is the fans experience and enjoyment of said games. that is what the entire thing revolves around really, it's an entertainment business and the main function of it is to entertain.

now that i've explained these two quite obvious statements properly, can we just give this whole thing a rest? i'm bored with being patronised

I think everyone needs a time out here. Paul, you say you don't like being patronized, so don't bother reading this thread. Everyone's getting a little emotional here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

i'm cool with this thread man, just this guy in particular

anyway yeah i had noticed it was turning into a bit of a shambles, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    k here's me:
    "without the fans, there is no squaresoft and there is no final fantasy."

now allow me to explain what i meant by this. i meant square is a company that makes money. if final fantasy did not sell (ie was not bought by the fans) they would not make money, and thus, they would not make games. therefore, final fantasy would not exist without the fans.

i had assumed someone of such a higher form of intellect would have understood what i meant, but obviously not. as for "the fans experience being the only rewarding thing to come from the videogame industry"... well, okay you could be technical and say "the designers feel a sense of achievement!" or "they get paid!" or all that kind of thing. but basically what i was saying is that the most positive part of the game industry, is the fans experience and enjoyment of said games. that is what the entire thing revolves around really, it's an entertainment business and the main function of it is to entertain.

now that i've explained these two quite obvious statements properly, can we just give this whole thing a rest? i'm bored with being patronised
    Well, if you're bored with being patronized, then stop misreading what I write.

I completely understood what your statements meant. There is not, however, a logical flow between the two statements. I was asking you to provide the logical flow from "Fans support the industry" to "the ONLY rewarding thing is fan experience". Maybe I'm not being blunt enough. I contest your claim that "the fans experience being the only rewarding thing to come from the videogame industry" and wish for you to support it. Because you have not, but your sentence is phrased to suggest that the previous evidences the latter.

And yet again, I point to the fact that our enjoyment is irrelevant to the canonicity of the event. Greedo, sadly, shot first.