Thread: [A] A Quick Sketch / Self Portrait

Chocobo [A] A Quick Sketch / Self Portrait

Well. I'm trying to get into this art school next fall, and since the interview is in less than a month, I'm trying hard to put together a portfolio of my work. Since most of my work consists of abstract paintings, I thought I'd do something different and make a sketch of something that actually exists. So I chose to do a self portrait.

As I said, this is just a quick sketch, and is by no means finished. This has to be one of the most difficult things I've ever drawn, especially since I have both Asperger's and BDD and thus can't always recognize my own reflection. Anyway, I used a very old photo of myself and the mirror as a reference. Imo, something's totally off. Any opinions / suggestions / tomatoes to throw at me?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's kind of hard to see, due to the quality of the photo, but it looks pretty good. You nailed the eyes, which is the most important part about drawing a person or a character, as they are the window to the soul. The proportions seem to be pretty accurate too. All it needs is some tonal structure AKA shading. It should look pretty cool when it's done. Nice work

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    All it needs is some tonal structure AKA shading. It should look pretty cool when it's done.
    Yep, i totally agree. With more shading this picture could really come to life. The proportions seem good enough, & i like the way you did the eyes. Good work.

Str8 Pimpin'