Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Maybe a little too girly?

I just want to say to all those with negative criticisms that you must be blind. :o Like wow. I by no means at all am claiming to be a FF scholar and I probably couldn't count off all the main characters from every FF for you either. That being said....

FFX-2 was amazing! The characters are funny. Thier facial expressions are so darn cute at times. Rikku is just so funny! Paine gets all the good lines. And this game probably more than any other has IMO the best library of battle quotes and for cutscenes. My love does go in a minor annoyance however where I have had to playthorugh 4 times to get 99% with a guide every time. (ya its harder than it reads :o)

But what do I know?

Maybe the fact that I have no other FF game experience to base X-2 off is the reason I love this game so much? After all, I DID quit playing FFX after I died too many times to Sinspawn Gui. So Iunno Meh.

Cudos to Polaris for the Sig
    "Your eyes can be so cruel, Just as I can be so cruel."

I'd rather play Pong.

A quote from charlies angels "good morning charlie" and swap it with "good morning brother" YRP is charlies angels with a diffrent name X-2 should never have been made. X's great ending was smashed by this corney game they should have left it in its prime.

what is the one and only cure to X2 u ask? bring back Sin and have it go back find the person/peoples who thought up this game before they reveal their ideas, and have Sin take them all back in time to Hiroshima in 1945, the moment before it gets nuked.
    Isn't it funny how whenever a member of the staff says "Have a nice day." it's usually a threat?:laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Vincent View Post
    what is the one and only cure to X2 u ask? bring back Sin and have it go back find the person/peoples who thought up this game before they reveal their ideas, and have Sin take them all back in time to Hiroshima in 1945, the moment before it gets nuked.
    TASTE
    You're doing it wrong.

*sighs* :-\ once again everyone has something rude to say about this game....I was about to quick liking final fantasy for good until ffx-2 came out i got back into final fantasy again. Its a little girly i admit but the rest aren't all girly they don't act like the stupid show off girls in school. :sweatdrop

and i'm happy yuna got out of her shell and started talking more and having fun at the same time after sin was defend. And i don't like ffx either ....Tidus annoyed me so badly and yuna had to keep her mind on defending sin and thinking of the calm.

note note: sorry to those who are fans of ffx and tidus :kaobeg:
    Offline/Online

I just played it really for the secret endings...just so it could finish on happy terms

Punished is not the man himself but the evil that resides inside him...
    ''Thanks to Polaris for the signature!''

As a woman, I take it as an insult if X-2 is seen as "girly".
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffamitsu View Post
    I just played it really for the secret endings...just so it could finish on happy terms

And also because the Job system and short wait time was pretty amazing.
    Battles that only last a few seconds are always good in my opinion,I can't be bothered with long drawn out fights.

As for whether its girly or not, I don't think it was,the game is just playing off the main character, who after her whole life thinking she was going to die for the world was able to live, I'd say she's entitled to be happy.
    And games are supposed to play off the main character,its why they are such.
    Like how everyone says all the other games are emo and depressing,well thats because of the main character.
    Does that mean that the other games are too manly?Of course not.

FFX-2 sucks so much ass that there aint any more asses left for it to suck.

Man, even a Chuck Norris film is better than it. Although they too are also very feminine.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Sometimes it can overdose on the pink. For every poignant moment the ladies share, there's a frivolous scene right after where they look like airheads. The pouting and the constant poses and stuff? Kind of too girly. I'm all for gurlpwr and , but it's occassionaly more demeaning than powering.

But it's not all bad, and it's fun as hell to actually play. I'd plug that battle system into every RPG if I could. The story does have it moments, and it's not like I'm against Yuna breaking out of her shell to have some fun or anything. Just... You know. When you set up an enormous conflict between angry factions vying for leadership of the whole world and Yuna's answer is to sing a pop ballad, there's a problem.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 03-17-2008 at 09:06 PM.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Irish Vincent! Please don't revive dead threads!

Signature by rubah. I think.