Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is online really a must ?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would think less than 0.1 seconds would be acceptable.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I doubt its kids that always does the cursing and bad behavior. It's probably lonely, nerdy, geeky guys who have bad communication skills and is trying to act hardcore in a place where people cant see the real them.

Anyways, besides the occasion CS game with some friends, I'm not an online person. Many years from now, online will probably become a must for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyG View Post
    I doubt its kids that always does the cursing and bad behavior. It's probably lonely, nerdy, geeky guys who have bad communication skills and is trying to act hardcore in a place where people cant see the real them.
    And kids.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    And kids.
    i've heard of this place...it's called WoW

Anyways, besides the occasion CS game with some friends, I'm not an online person. Many years from now, online will probably become a must for every game.
    When I play online the age group I choose to play with are 25+ because these guys aren't concerned about being 1337, or hardcore. Only 8-16 year olds are.. The 25+ age group just play for fun, and are great at carrying conversations..

Of course we joke a lot, and half of them are drunk at 3am on a saturday morning.. XD

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I always think whenever someone mentions online in a fighting game. Wouldn't even the slightest bit of lag ruin everything?
    It's why VF5 doesn't have online. Though it's not really that lag ruins it, as much as compensating for the lag made it feel like a totally different game. A fighting game could be done online if it were made with online in mind to begin with.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Like DOA4. Among the DOA 'hardcore', they've always separated strategies between 'online' and 'offline' matches. The game was built around its online, and it handles lag very well. It's not the best way to play, but you don't lose anything with lag.

Online gaming for consoles continues to grow, and as other technology advances it will likely be possible pretty soon.

Well, it certainly becomes a whole lot better after 23:00.

I'm sure a large number of people hate me on WoW 'cause I'm pretty anti-social to everyone other than people in my guild. I had a guy cuss at me the other day 'cause I wouldn't kill a thing that was like 10 lvl's higher than him, and then I was running my rounds in the noob place and I actually was going to be nice and do this lvl 6 guys quest (I was lvl 30 at the time) 'cause I could just one hit him then he was all "Oh sorry I have to go! BYE!"

I like to play games where I do most the things by myself. You know.. LIKE HOW OLD GAMES WERE PLAYED. But now in half the things you do in online games you have to have a "group" or something. It sucks.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

The only online game I really spent any time on at all was Maple Story, even so it was only for like a week. I'm not much of a fan of online play, with the exception of FPS', online adds loads of fun to those types of games. I'm a sucker for old school, single player type games.

Quote Originally Posted by Übel View Post
    The only online game I really spent any time on at all was Maple Story, even so it was only for like a week. I'm not much of a fan of online play, with the exception of FPS', online adds loads of fun to those types of games. I'm a sucker for old school, single player type games.
    Yeah that's why people hate me on WoW 'cause they whisper me and I never respond and just run by them killing things then I get the whisper that's the extent of "WTF'S YOUR PROBLEM, YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO HELP MERTSDGH?!?" and I just keep running around killing stuff, then kill what the person was killing. I figure if I can do it alone they can too.