Thread: A Loot Question

Default A Loot Question

Since you don't need to sell the loot for Bazaar packages at the same time to unlock them, why do several walkthroughs and FAQs advise keeping all your loot until you can sell the specific loot required to unlock the bazaar packages?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Because there's something about the game's mechanics in that it ends up taking more than it really needs.

I think.

so u kno what u have and what u need to get for the packages
    New Years Revolutions
    1.)Beat Or Rebeat Final Fantasy
    A. Beat FFXII
    B. Delete My Game Saves
    C. Beat OR Rebeat
    2.)Stay Together with my beautiful Girlfriend Faith

It's the only way you can keep track of what you got. Just sell the excess stuff.

1 sword hilt(common)
    1 bug carapace(common)
    1 gemsteel(rare)
    = common item x 25, phoenix downs.

5 electrum(rare)
    3 gemsteel(rare)
    4 damascus steel(uncommon)
    = Uber weapon X

Now you start to sell your gemsteel as you get it, along with the electrum and damascus steel.
    You get bug carapace and sword hilt before finishing the full recipie for Uber weapon X

You sold 3 gemsteel, 4 electrum, 4 damascus steel, and then 1 bug carapace and 1 sword hilt.
    The recipie for common item x 25 activates.

It wipes gemsteel bazaar counter to 0
    You just lost 3 gemsteel and have to go farm them again.
    Now you have 4 damascus steel, 4 electrum, and 0 gemsteel on your bazaar counter, so when you turn in that 5th electrum, without getting any more gemsteels, it gives you a nice nothing...

Also
    Similar example

4 high arcana
    3 serpent skin
    2 gemsteel
    = uber armor B

4 damascus steel
    5 electrum
    3 gemsteel
    = Uber weapon X

You can sell the high arcana, serpent skin, electrum, and damascus steel. Then if you sell 3 gemsteels at the same time, without closing the window, you will trigger BOTH recipies..
    However if you sold one gemsteel at a time, you would trigger uber armor B first, and reset the counter on gemsteels for uber weapon X.

When you complete a recipie(and exit the sell window back to the main vendor window), the counters for that recipie reset to 0

sell 99 damascus steel
    15 electrum
    3 gemsteel
    10 wolf pelts

Bazaar gives you uber weapon X, resets counters to

0 damascus steel
    0 electrum
    0 gemsteel
    10 wolf pelts(wasnt included in the recipie)

These arent actual recipies, hope this helps.

The Twilight Melody dragontamer's Avatar

sory. youve left me more confused than when i first logged on.

so more or less, ive been selling my stuff indesciminatly so thus my counters will be very... topsie turvie?
    Please visit my DeviantART page! If you have an account, please leave comments on my work to help me improve my drawing! Thanks!

The only problem with selling randomly, or as you need.. and not holding on to loot....

1. You may trigger a "weaker" recipie that eats up your rare component during the selling. If you sell 3 gemsteels, 4 electrum, and 4 damascus steel hoping to trigger uber weapon X; then trigger a lower recipie with gemsteels, you'd lose all your gemsteels that you already sold. The counter for any item resets when a recipie for it is triggered.

The only other problem is you won't be able to trigger two recipies with one component... saving you time in farming components.

Your counters will be fine as long as a recipie hasnt triggered since you started selling. Counter goes up to 99 I think, then resets to 0 when a recipie is a triggered. That's the only reason to hold off on selling rare items. It isnt critical, you can just go farm more gemsteels in the example. It just saves time and annoyance.

just keep all your rare items on hand until its time to get better equipment when theres noneleft to buy at the shops!

When ever I go out to fight and I get some loot I just sell it to the first merchent I see.I have a lot of stuff in my bazzar Items including some of the forgotton grimiores.But those you just have to talk to merchants and look at stuff a certain amount of times and you got them.It's really annoying.
    :weep:"Sometimes I wonder if what I want doesn't exist....":weep:

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Annoying and unprofitable. The grimoires give you a lot better loot!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Annoying and unprofitable. The grimoires give you a lot better loot!
    thats true.I get some loot that can be sold for over a thousand gil
    :weep:"Sometimes I wonder if what I want doesn't exist....":weep: