Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you think FF6 is the best Final Fantasy? Why or why not?

My favorite. Every aspect is balanced perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    nostalgia, my favourite battle system, awesome soundtrack, good story, ok characters/development, not too much love story, cool items and equipment/esper system...it's all around my fave for these reasons.
    This is how I feel as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

hmm sephiroth vs kefka eh....:rolleyes2 yeah lets not get into that....any hoot yeah i definatly agree this was the best FF and im really glad alot of pepole agree its not my favorite...(FF7 of course) but you definatly hit it spot on with your comments

I do think FFVI is the best because it brought more nostalgia to me. It's music is a masterpeice for a SNES, that's for sure. It's characters all came to life for me, like Cyan's life, Terra's life, all of their lives came a reality to me. They were both sad, joyful, happy ended.
    I also think this game has the best ending, with everything ending like a game should, insted of just flying off to some random place after a meteor almost hit.
    Also the graphics were amazing, right next to Chrono Trigger, if not better.

Oh, and Kefka is the best villain in FF, Period.

(FFVI fangirl talking. But I'm also a FFIX fangirl.)

Quote Originally Posted by FF_Chick View Post
    I do think FFVI is the best because it brought more nostalgia to me. It's music is a masterpeice for a SNES, that's for sure. It's characters all came to life for me, like Cyan's life, Terra's life, all of their lives came a reality to me. They were both sad, joyful, happy ended.
    I also think this game has the best ending, with everything ending like a game should, insted of just flying off to some random place after a meteor almost hit.
    Also the graphics were amazing, right next to Chrono Trigger, if not better.

Oh, and Kefka is the best villain in FF, Period.

(FFVI fangirl talking. But I'm also a FFIX fangirl.)
    I also really enjoyed FFIX it's definetly one of my top 3 favorite final fantasy games.

If just about everyone agrees that this game is the best then why does FF7 still manage to be considered the best final fantasy? Mabye people are talking out of their "rear ends" :mog: and not even considering FF6.

Just because no one liked Nintendo back then and they started on a more "Mature (not)" system, the PS1. And they seen FFVII, it looked amazing, then it didn't seem to turn out like those false commercials. FFVII isn't even 3D, except for battles and the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by FF_Chick View Post
    Just because no one liked Nintendo back then and they started on a more "Mature (not)" system, the PS1. And they seen FFVII, it looked amazing, then it didn't seem to turn out like those false commercials. FFVII isn't even 3D, except for battles and the world map.
    Even though I like Cloud and I like Vincent FF7 is definetly WAY WAY overrated! kupo on that :mog:

I like Vincent way better than Cloud, although I like his story. But Vincent is just cool. He's infamous.

But we are getting off topic, sort of...

I think the character development in FFVI didn't do very well, except for Terra and a few others. I love Celes to death.

i like the fact that the character development takes a backseat to oh...i don't know...the END OF THE FREAKIN WORLD

who cares about someone's personal problems when a madman is destroying life as you know it?!?!?!

Hold on lemme find my old sig...

That reason alone, is why it's the best. <3

Oh and because the people in the FFVI forum can be described by this truthful Zozonian we killed last week.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Oh and because the people in the FFVI forum can be described by this truthful Zozonian we killed last week.

That...was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Haha you own Avarice-ness, you're my hero. We own Zozo

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I don't think it's 'the best', but it is my personal favorite. I am very nostalgic of it, but it is a great game.

I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a 'Sephiroth > Kefka!11' kind of thread.
    I don't see how anyone could make an even halfway intelligent argument that sephiroth is better than Kefka. An objective look at the stats and scoresheet clearly show who is the better man. Kefka is easily the greatest final fantasy villain of all time. that's not me being a fanboy, those are the facts.

And yes, I think FFVI is the best FF game. It was a tough call between the replayability, job system and overall fun factor of V and the enormous story and captivating characters on FFVI, but in the end I claim VI as my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I don't think it's 'the best', but it is my personal favorite. I am very nostalgic of it, but it is a great game.

I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a 'Sephiroth > Kefka!11' kind of thread.
    I don't see how anyone could make an even halfway intelligent argument that sephiroth is better than Kefka. An objective look at the stats and scoresheet clearly show who is the better man. Kefka is easily the greatest final fantasy villain of all time. that's not me being a fanboy, those are the facts.

And yes, I think FFVI is the best FF game. It was a tough call between the replayability, job system and overall fun factor of V and the enormous story and captivating characters on FFVI, but in the end I claim VI as my favorite.
    I was in that thread for about... A COUPLE OF MONTHS, protesting Kefka's side of course.

But most the facts used for Sephiroths side, were based outside of gameplay from either AC or that guide thingo that just gives out more useless information than it should or "He looks cool" which gets thrown out then they freak because looking cool doesn't make you awesome. Ironically enough everyother person backing another series kept being all "Dude stick to gameplay facts" but apparently they couldn't... and it's because our gameplay facts are greater than theirs!

FFVI was my first FF game and after like what... 13 years I still can't stop playing it!

It's pretty okayish.