Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you think FF6 is the best Final Fantasy? Why or why not?

casual mind slip

I second that second that FF9 is second best. Yes 6 is my favorite. I like it because it focuses on several characters rather than one, all of the characters were likeable, not to mention the story line kept me interested. And of course, above all it was the most entertaining Final Fantasy ever. Same reason as to why I like 9, oh god that was a fun game.

My main reasons for liking FF6 is probably because of A.) Celes opera scene B.) The final battle was superb and the final dungeon was awesomely fun. C.) Oh and the hilarious how Terra was conceived part where Madonna and Maduin dance around shiny stars aka had sex.

FFVI was my first FF and you always love your first.

Sephiroth was interesting and a pretty good character but I think they went a bit overboard on the whole "cool gothy mysterious but-kicking villan" thing.

With Kefka coolness wasn't an issue, he just plain didn't give a crap and acted accordingly.
    I don't really see him as totally evil so much as totally gopher-tossing crazy.

I do think love plays as big a part in FFVI as all the others, just in the opposite way.

Locke, Cyan, and Setzer all lost their loves in one way or another.
    Strago apparently did too at some point in the past since he is a grandfather but we never see his wife anywhere.

Terra and Celes never really considered the possibility of it untill now and are struggling to get a clue about it.

Edgar's apparent womanizing suggests that between running a kingdom, secretly working with the returners, and designing machines, he hasn't had any time for love, just quick flings.

It's the lack or loss of love in FFVI that makes it a significant part of the story.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Reles View Post
    C.) Oh and the hilarious how Terra was conceived part where Madonna and Maduin dance around shiny stars aka had sex.
    That always made me laugh so hard. "How will we ever know if we can be together... unless we try it for ourselves...?" or whatever, followed by sparkly stars and them twirling around... oh man.

It was meant to be *symbolic* for cryin' out loud.:rolleyes2

FFVI is my second least favorite FF, but if I were to rate the best FFs, this would be in the mid-low section. The story is solid for the first half of the game, but falls flat at the second part. The characters seem interesting at first, but later get no decent development, with the exception of Celes, unless you do sidequests to recruit those characters again (which wasn't really smart on SE's part because unless you do those sidequests, the majority of the characters would've been flat and boring). The battle system is weak because once you get Espers (and some characters like Sabin, Cyan, Edgar), the Attack command becomes useless; not to mention that once higher leveled spells are learned, any character can be used without consideration to their special abilities (except Umaro, but he's retarded).

The music was outstanding, as well as the character graphics, but those were the only things I liked about the game. Speaking of graphics, FFVI's enviromental graphics were really bland and boring and a step back from FFV's vivid and colorful enviroment. Also, the replay value for this game was non-existent as there were few sidequests that could've all been completed in one playthrough. In fact, the only reason for me to have played FFVI twice was because of Shadow's sixth dream. The game had many faults, and its pros weren't good enough for it to be amongst my favorite FFs ever.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

I don't agree with the replay value thing, I just discovered the extra scene with Edgar and Sabin at Figaro castle about 6 months ago, but then again, I play games like they used to be played, no guides, and no outsiders input, if it wasn't for me accidently switching Locke with Sabin then realizing I did it, but was to lazy to turn back, I wouldn't have noticed the scene.

And even though I play the game alot, I'm pretty sure I've missed bunches. I replay the game everychance I get. <3

Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
    Strago apparently did too at some point in the past since he is a grandfather but we never see his wife anywhere.
    Well, if you want to be technical, Relm isn't really Strago's granddaughter. It is stated in the game that she is the daughter of a friend of his (Relm's mother) that he adopted. I guess that due to the difference of age, it was more natural for Relm to consider him her grandfather.

Although it doesn't exclude the possibility that Strago might have had a significant other at some point in his life...

oh believe me I totally disagree.It was just that I had only read the first post made.and I never said it was "the best" I said it was okay
    Your looking at an ff7 fanboy.And as we speak, FF3 remake is still better than the FFV one

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

/kick #eoff animegod FFVI is better than you are.

^_^

FF1 was my first FF and I don't love it .

Anyway, FF6 is my favorite of the first 6 entries, but it's not as good as 7, 8 and 12.
    "...a challenge you can solve by leveling up isn't really a challenge. It's a test of patience and not really 'gameplay' at all. Take for example some of the maniacal timed jumps you have to master in Super Mario 2, the Japanese version. If you could simply make yourself jump higher and fall slower by pounding on 10,000 goombas, this would completely circumvent all the design put into making the individual boards difficult. "
    -John Ford, from alt.games.final-fantasy

That isn't always true. But if you didn't love your first FF why would you keep playing them? FF10 was my first and I love it even though it isn't my favorite.

This thread is overrun with punk ass FFVI fanboys....GTFO ff7 is better ^^

This thread is overrun with punk ass FFVI fanboys....GTFO ff7 is better ^^
    Ahem... You do realize that FF7 is just a bunch of anime cliches mixed with a bunch of Final Fantasy cliches, right? Oh well, I prefer Final Fantasy V, but Final Fantasy VI is truly one of the bests in the series.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Explaining logic to animegod is like hitting yourself in the crotch with a sledgehammer. 8-)

Articles
    Blog Entries

i think the main reason i dont think VI is the best is because i didn't play it when i was 8 years old.

that being said, i found kefka to be pretty lame. as an antagonist, and as a final boss. easier than Vayne, and that's saying alot.