Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you think FF6 is the best Final Fantasy? Why or why not?

Default Do you think FF6 is the best Final Fantasy? Why or why not?

Do you think that Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy game there is? Why or why not?

I personally think this one is the best. I love just about everything about it.

I really like the characer I think they are all well done. I think they did a really good job on Shadow's character. I also really liked Celes, Terra, Locke, Cyan, and Sabin's characters. All excellent characters in this game.

I also found the story very interesting. It never let me down. Kefka and Ghestahl kept me very interested. Lots of interesting things happen I don't want to put any spoilers in because it makes it less fun if you are playing it for the first time and know what's going to happen.

One reason the story is so good is because Kefka is such a great villain. I think he is the best villain yet, yes I am saying he is a better villain than Sephiroth. He is just so inhuman and insane, which makes him even a better villain. I remember many times in the game when I was saying to myself "Kefka are you mad"? or "How can this madman stand a chance against us sons of submariners"? God, I love this game.

I thought the music score was very stong for this game. I thought these songs were all great - Shadow's Theme, The Decisive Battle (Boss Battle), Battle Theme, Dancing Mad, Terra's Theme, Kefka's Theme, Cyan's Theme, Under Martial Law, Troops March On, Slam Shuffle (Zozo), and Another World of Beasts.

I also like the ATB Battle System the best. I tend to enjoy Final Fantasy games that use the ATB Battle System more than the ones that don't. I also really enjoyed Final Fantasy V and IX but didn't like Final Fantasy X as much because of the Battle System.

I think this game is definetly one of the best and in my opinion the best Final Fantasy game. I don't see any weaknesses about it and love everything about it. That's why it's my favorite. I can play it hours and hours without getting bored. And portable!!!

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Well I was going to give some reasons, but you went and named the best ones. Besides Kefka's massive pwnage, I really liked how they managed to develop (and develop well) the many characters. Also because it was so long in my opinion, you could play seemingly endlessly with all the side quests and what-not.

Quote Originally Posted by Übel View Post
    Well I was going to give some reasons, but you went and named the best ones. Besides Kefka's massive pwnage, I really liked how they managed to develop (and develop well) the many characters. Also because it was so long in my opinion, you could play seemingly endlessly with all the side quests and what-not.
    Well said, I like how the game is long as well. I don't like it when awesome games end. So I can go on for a long time

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it's 'the best', but it is my personal favorite. I am very nostalgic of it, but it is a great game.

I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a 'Sephiroth > Kefka!11' kind of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I don't think it's 'the best', but it is my personal favorite. I am very nostalgic of it, but it is a great game.

I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a 'Sephiroth > Kefka!11' kind of thread.
    Don't worry the "fanboys" don't post anywhere but in the FF7 section and this is in FF6 so I think we are safe. Kefka really does make this game great though. He's just such a great villain.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Sephiroth>Kefka? They're both pretty bad. I mean, seriously, they're insane! And people admire them?

If Sephiroth had a legitimate reason for his evil, he'd be totally AWESOME, but he doesn't. That ruins it right there.

And Kefka... ehh. He's kinda too evil for me to like. He has going for him the following:
    Good lines
    Good music
    His evil is very pure. It's beautiful in its horrificness.

I have no idea why I posted this...

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Ahh....A good game.I have to agree with zeromus in the fact that its not the best, but its definetely a great game.Lol love the oldies...they bring back sweet memories.I especially loved the composition square did for the music in this one too :o

yes it's the best because i like it more than any other FF game.

it's the best FF game, but I'm not sure it's the best game ever...

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    Sephiroth>Kefka? They're both pretty bad. I mean, seriously, they're insane! And people admire them?

If Sephiroth had a legitimate reason for his evil, he'd be totally AWESOME, but he doesn't. That ruins it right there.

And Kefka... ehh. He's kinda too evil for me to like. He has going for him the following:
    Good lines
    Good music
    His evil is very pure. It's beautiful in its horrificness.

I have no idea why I posted this...
    You made a good point, Kefka is beautiful in his own horrificness lol, but you did what Zeromus_X didn't want you to do. Start the Sephiroth vs. Kefka thing. I guess we can't help it

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    yes it's the best because i like it more than any other FF game.
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    it's the best FF game, but I'm not sure it's the best game ever...

THE JACKAL
    Why do you think its better than any other Final Fantasy game?

Quote Originally Posted by animegod View Post
    Ahh....A good game.I have to agree with zeromus in the fact that its not the best, but its definetely a great game.Lol love the oldies...they bring back sweet memories.I especially loved the composition square did for the music in this one too :o
    Sorry I completely missed this post you have no avatar or signature

Anyways, I thought you would completely disagree with me after hearing you go on and on in our chat convo about how great FF3 is . The oldies pwn.
    Last edited by Holy Lancer; 03-26-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Accidental Double Post

nostalgia, my favourite battle system, awesome soundtrack, good story, ok characters/development, not too much love story, cool items and equipment/esper system...it's all around my fave for these reasons.

nostalgia, my favourite battle system, awesome soundtrack, good story, ok characters/development, not too much love story, cool items and equipment/esper system...it's all around my fave for these reasons.
    I liked that it wasn't too much a love story. When it is it can be a big negative for the game. Notice that I underlined "can be".

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Lancer View Post
    I liked that it wasn't too much a love story. When it is it can be a big negative for the game. Notice that I underlined "can be".
    Yeah, love stories can sometimes strengthen the emotion in the story, but I loved how FF6 was different, there wasn't a humongous love story (which is FF cliche nowadays) yet it still really got you involved.

good game. kefka kould kill all other villians. Besides i love Cyan as well