Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what is so great about Auron

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Default So what is so great about Auron

First off please dont assume about how I feel about any of the characters, or how I prefer them. So I have played this game and I never really saw anything good from Auron. I have gone through Games where I never use him unless it is absoutely necessary. He hides so much information from theparty that could have helped them along the journey. He had gone through so many of the challenges and just let his party suffer without giving advice that could end it quickly. So please tell me what makes Auron so great

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

What so great about Auron? Well besides the sunglasses, umm, samurais pwn. He is very useful too because he hits high.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's the 'silent badass' character archetype. And he's quite good at it. Besides his character, he is a very useful character in battle, he has very high HP and attack power (Wakka and him were the first of my characters to hit the damage cap), and his Samurai 'Break' skills are very useful. I believe it was Tavrobel or someone else who said that 'using Auron = easy mode' or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    First off please dont assume about how I feel about any of the characters, or how I prefer them. So I have played this game and I never really saw anything good from Auron. I have gone through Games where I never use him unless it is absoutely necessary. He hides so much information from theparty that could have helped them along the journey. He had gone through so many of the challenges and just let his party suffer without giving advice that could end it quickly. So please tell me what makes Auron so great
    Auron's my favorite character (which I realize is becoming painfully obvious considering my posts in here, of late.). As for playability, yeah, he's strong to start and his piercing ability is very useful early on, not to mention his breaks.

As for his character, he has good reason for revealing what he does and hiding what he does. Wiseman know: "sometimes the only way to learn is to experience a thing yourself." Do you think the party would have continued to Zanarkand, confronted Yunalesca, and ended Sin's cycle if they had known that the final Aeon would have to be one of them.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

I like Auron for all the usual reasons that he is a cool bad-ass character with some great lines, predictable I know. He's also a pretty good fighter, though I wish they'd made him a bit speedier sometimes.

Still I think outlaw's point that he could have said more holds up. What about all the summoners who may have died pointlessly in the ten years that he kept schtum? He does seem to delight in being mysterious for its own sake when telling the truth might have worked better. The Yevon priesthood made it easy for him by outlawing Yuna's party, so that they were ready to doubt everything they'd been taught. Otherwise they might even have listened to Yunalesca.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

A'yo, Auron is a fool son! He has the best character in the game, has a high physical attack power and HP. And his technique are tight. Auron's the in this game.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Well although Auron does hit for power, he misses at targets more frequently then say Tidus or Wakka (flying and agile creatures)

I use Auron in certain walkthroughs when I want the "Second Generation" of pilgrimages. Yuna, since she was Braska's daughter, Tidus, for Jechts Kid, and well....Auron, just older.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never cared much for Auron either, except in battles. I guess it's the whole "I'm better than you" attitude he's got going on. I don't really like the silent badass characters in games, or anywhere else for that matter. It just looks forced.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like auron because he is very hot.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

He's dark and mysterious and has a big sword and is powerful when you first get him and has sunglasses and is actually (SPOILER) DEAD and he seems to know everything and stuff.
    jkhkjg

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I like auron because he is very hot.
    Hold on now. Keep your cloths on...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Auron...Where can i begin. He was the first real character to ever enlighten me into being an FF fan. All because of his silent, wise attitude. The basic definition of him is that: 'He is but a man of few words...'. I cannot stress the fact how much he helped me in difficult situation and i can relate to why the people of Spira had so much respect for this honorable man. His katana and style symbolizes his actual character if I'm right. He's powerful, confident and straight to the point--he is also mysterious, but a guide to all people in times of need, even though he speaks of short puzzled words.
    Auron is the link in the whole game for me, and he's the sort of guy who's been there and done it. There's no doubt that this guy is the best in the series, in my opinion and he deserves a lot of recognition.

R.I.P Auron
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

In a word: Meatshield.

In three words: Cool, badass meatshield.

As soon as Auron learns Sentinel, several of the fights become much easier. His Celestial Weapon is even designed with meatshielding in mind: It has First Strike and Counter Attack on it, meaning that even in an ambush, he can just use Sentinel and nobody gets hurt because his HP and Defense are so high. The Masamune gets stronger the more HP he loses, so his poor Evasion finally becomes his saving grace, making him even stronger. Also, because of all that, there's a good chance he'll murder everything before your other party members get a turn, obviously saving you some time and potentially some MP (but, if you play the way I do, this can be a little frustrating).

But that's only once you power the damned Masamune up. Until then, he's just a meatshield. Armour and Mental Break come in handy too, but you only normally need to use those once each per battle, if at all; after that it's back to using Guard/Sentinel while Yuna casts Protect on him for extra awesomeness.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 03-27-2007 at 01:41 AM.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I still dont see it sometimes it seems like he is playing the group into his hand. It seemed like he made it to where Yuna couldn't give up so she could get to Yunalesca so he could get his revenge. He knew that they would need a final aeon and he did nothing to comfort them so if they were chosen they could do it with no regrets. He made it to where they would be outraged so they would fight Yunalesca. To me that's shady.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    I still dont see it sometimes it seems like he is playing the group into his hand. It seemed like he made it to where Yuna couldn't give up so she could get to Yunalesca so he could get his revenge. He knew that they would need a final aeon and he did nothing to comfort them so if they were chosen they could do it with no regrets. He made it to where they would be outraged so they would fight Yunalesca. To me that's shady.
    Maybe he wouldn't pass an ethics exam, but he did what he had to do in order to get the job done. It's not like he dragged Yuna or anyone else along the way. He was persuasive, yes, but everyone had a choice. And the reason they fought Yunalesca is because Yuna refused to sacrifice one of her friends, and everyone knew that had they proceeded with the normal road, Sin would just reappear. I think

If you think Auron wanted revenge against Yunalesca, I think you misread his intentions.

Think about how much he had been through. Ten years ago he was an idealistic youth who ends up losing what became the two people closest to him- Braska and Jecht. His initial reaction was revenge (understandably). Remember, Braska's party had to learn the hard lesson about the final aeon too, which is why I think Auron wanted a way to end the cycle. He knew that if he could show the party what was really going on, they would see the light, which they did.

...I don't think my ideas are very pointed, but hopefully you get my meaning.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."