Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How strong are you?

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

i used to do karate...but not anymore cos i moved...but my muscles are...hmm, ok...enough fer me to be proud of them...so that means they are pretty good.
    so, i thought i was pretty strong, but obviously not cos GeneralSapphire beat me at an arm wrestle...but i am sure i could own her...NOT REALLY, but honestly, in a fair fight, i would possibly win (she would say it too) cos she would probly give in after a while, just to give me the satisfaction...aww, she does love me!

I am not a man

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

A'yo, I fought all the time when I was back in New Orleans. It was how we lived there. I don't recommend it, but it was pretty fun at times.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

casual mind slip

I'm stronger than I look, but that doesn't really say much.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Im a weakling..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Inspired by the thread by the same name in the Gen. FF forum.

How (physically) strong are you in real life? Could you make a stand if attacked? Would you normally be the winner? Feel free to mention other things you find relevant too.

Myself, I have very little actual fighting experience, but I've trained a little bit of Ju Jitsu, so I've got a some theory nailed down, along with basic holds and throws. I've also got quite a bit of "burst strenght" (but not that much stamina), so I think I might do decently if I could just keep my head cool.
    Well, I've got ten years worth of experience with four different martial arts, and at the moment (not stopped growing yet as I've discovered) I'm 5ft 9in - last time I checked, along with being able to lift concrete blocks about the size of a 17inch cathode ray computer moniter and at least two boxes filled with heavy books.

Yes, I am a woman, and no I do not look like a bodybuilder - that's just scary!

When it comes to stamina, I can do strenuous martial arts activities, but when it comes to running and what have you, I'm a sprinter. I can't do long distance running to save my life. And right now, I can't run at all because I had an operation on one of my feet.

I've suffered how hard I can punch something through plunging a fist into my wardrobe door (wooden) a few years back when I lost my temper. The whole left side of my left hand went black and the wardrobe doors won't close properly anymore.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Is the Key View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsKing View Post
    Yesterday I arm-wrestled with a girl who has done Tae Kwon Do for three years and I easily won. I don't know if that's something to be proud of or not. Also I let my friend bash me up as much as he could for an hour straight without taking damage.
    Not really since Tae Kwon Do is more of a kicking martial art than a punching one, so just becuase you beat her in an arm wrestle, means nothing, or little to nothing, it's kind of like saying you beat a sumo wrestler in a foot race.
    That is the best relation Ive ever heard.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

how strong am i?

TOO strong!

Why?

Are... are you a foot racing sumo wrestler...?!

Edit: Melkhar is a ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Edit: Melkhar is a ninja
    First I've heard of it.

Not done much exercise recently. The head instructor for the last martial art I did (Kuk Sool Won) accused me of not being dedicated to the sport when I got a job and when I kept missing the pre-paid lessons because of that, I had to stop the direct debit. When I did that he wouldn't let me catch up with the lessons I'd paid for. So, I quit. And now that I've had a foot operation, I need to recover before I can do something else - and get another job first because I quit the last one because I was treated like crap.

So I've discovered, the high school I went to are trying to get a local community activities centre set up. When I can get back to doing a lot more exercise again, I want to start a new martial art, fencing, and maybe archery as well!

Hey I forgot! I used to be in the Air Training Corps as well (RAF cadets). They did a lot of camo stuff in the woods as well. Anyone ever been paintballing? Bloody hurts but it's so much fun!
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

I can look after myself if need should arise.

STRONG AS AN OX

Well, I've never got into fisticuffs before, but I'm sure I could hold my own. I guess I'm pretty quick too. Like I said. Never fought anyone before.
    I can take that as either 1) I look like I'd be able to smurf someones up, or
    2) I look like a complete & total waste of time.
    I know there have been more than enough people that have wanted to fight me, 2 were actually boxers, and they along with everyone else backed down. Without a personal confrontation also. I dunno.
    With some people, I'm confident I'd be able to pull a couple of 1hit KO's

Im pathetically skinny, but pretty tall. This advantage of height lets me get away from fights. Im not all skin and bones though, I have been in a few scruffs and have come out the victor. Except for one time when I got my ass whooped royally.

I'm a little on the heavy side weighing in at an average of 205 lbs. and am about 5 ft. 5 in. tall. I haven't been to a gym in eight years so I can't say with accuracy how much weight I can lift. I do have a very physical job and am probably the second strongest person at work, following my brother. I do know about nine years ago when I was still 170 lbs. that I could bench 220 lbs. though. And now I lift heavier stuff, so I'm sure I can match at least that still.

As far as holding up in a fight though, I don't stand a chance. I have a very low threshold for pain and have never fought a day in my life.

I am pretty strong. I can throw people around if I need to, and it REALLY surprises them.

Of course, I rarely need to. A couple well-placed punches and they're down.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm not exactly what you'd call 'strong', but I'm pretty good on the defense-side. I'm not exactly lightweight, so I'm pretty hard to push back. That and I have a rather high pain endurance. Basically, I can take it, but I can't reciprocate it.