Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final 'Harry Potter' Cover Revealed

I've always preferred the UK editions over the US editions (although it's the latter that's available here in the Philippines) when it comes to the first six books. But Deathly Hallows will be the first one whose US front cover I adore so much! It portrays so much emotion. Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince were monochromic! Whilst the UK edition of DH was just...rowdy.

You can also see the pictures here at Wikipedia. Haha! I'm HIGHLY dependent on that witty website. It is also stated that the man in the hood in the US wraparound version is Lord Voldemort.

Also in the above website, it is indicated that at least two of the main characters will die. Rowling stated that "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die...A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil...They go for the main characters... well, I do".

Can't wait for July 21st! Well, the 22nd on my case since I live in Southeast Asia.
    Last edited by Yliette; 04-11-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyToast View Post
    So Harry and Hermione riding Buckbeak, Harry holding the Tri-Wizard egg, Harry in the Department of Mysteries, and Harry/Dumbeldore in the cave don't qualify as epic moments? I'd say they're pretty damn vital to the story.
    well yeah, but they are drawn in a very dark, dull, non-eye catching way. the first 4 books have an increadibly childish cover as well, which i dont like
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I am really dissapointed in the UK cover in terms of art, but I couldnt give a SH** about it in terms of content.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

all i can say is...
    *shudder*

I am not a man

US > UK

And I live in UK

All the versions we bought here in Canada had the original UK cover art, which personally I prefer by far to the American covers.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StarlightAngel View Post
    (SPOILER)harry is a hourcrux yay for harry.
    (SPOILER)There's no way you can know that for sure though, hmm?
    (SPOILER)oh yes i do because i have kiddnapped j.k rowling and she is hidden in MY cupboard unda the stairs. LETS SEE HOW SHE LIKES IT! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    (SPOILER)Harry can't be a Horcrux. If he is, wouldn't Voldemort be going against his own wishes for immortality by trying to kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma View Post
    (SPOILER)oh yes i do because i have kiddnapped j.k rowling and she is hidden in MY cupboard unda the stairs. LETS SEE HOW SHE LIKES IT! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    (SPOILER)Harry can't be a Horcrux. If he is, wouldn't Voldemort be going against his own wishes for immortality by trying to kill him?
    (SPOILER)But maybe Voldemort doesn't know everything. He's so interested of killing Harry cuz he knows that he's dangerous but maybe even he isn't aware of everything. And in the other hand, though Harry would be a Horcrux I assume that Voldemort would prefer Harry death even it would mean destroying one Horcrux. 'Cos was it something like that Voldemort is not even necessarily aware that some of his Horcrux are gone. So if he's greatest enemy would be gone by loosing one piece of his soul I don't think that would sound too big loss for him anyway.

Oh and yeah. That cover looks great but little bit boring for me. Well, it's surely better than my country's cover so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Finola View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma View Post
    (SPOILER)But maybe Voldemort doesn't know everything. He's so interested of killing Harry cuz he knows that he's dangerous but maybe even he isn't aware of everything. And in the other hand, though Harry would be a Horcrux I assume that Voldemort would prefer Harry death even it would mean destroying one Horcrux. 'Cos was it something like that Voldemort is not even necessarily aware that some of his Horcrux are gone. So if he's greatest enemy would be gone by loosing one piece of his soul I don't think that would sound too big loss for him anyway.

Oh and yeah. That cover looks great but little bit boring for me. Well, it's surely better than my country's cover so... yeah.
    (SPOILER)Making a horcrux requires a ton of spells. If Harry was a Horcrux, Voldemort would have WANTED him to be one, and it would be by no accident. If Harry is a horcrux, then Rowling has a lot of explaining to do.

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    (SPOILER)Making a horcrux requires a ton of spells. If Harry was a Horcrux, Voldemort would have WANTED him to be one, and it would be by no accident. If Harry is a horcrux, then Rowling has a lot of explaining to do.
    (SPOILER)Didn't Dumbledore say that Harry wasn't a Horcrux? Voldemort was one Horcrux short of his target when he went to kill Harry and his parents. His intention was to make Harry into a Horcrux, but Avada Kedavra backfired and Voldemort failed.

When he was in Albania and met the snake Nagini, he make her into his final Horcrux.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec