Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is FF getting too "kiddy"

Default is FF getting too "kiddy"

by this i mean what happened to the violence? the laungage is still kinda bad. im not someone who usually likes a lot of violence but i think there should be a fair amount in an FF where people are getting killed left and right.

FFVII, FFVIII, and FF tactics had a decent amount of blood being shown unlike in recent FF's.

example. FFXII spoiler.
    (SPOILER)in FFXII when gabranth kills... the lady judge. if it wasnt for her closeing her eyes and not saying anything i would have thought she was still alive.

FFIX had a little bit of blood running down kuja's head that was basically it.

FFX seemed made for little kids

FFX-2 well i think the target audience with that was adult males no blood that i can remember and in flash backs you see umm... people being shot and yet no blood.

and i already explained FFXII

so what do you think are they getting too kiddy?
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

they've always been pretty much PG and i don't remember much real violence to speak of anyway...so no.

I think it's hard to do realistic liquids in the 3d engines, in FFX they had to cut to a CG just to let tidus cry for crap sakes.
    But I don't recall much blood in FFVIII, other than the opening fight between Squall and Seifer, or any blood in FFVII.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    I think it's hard to do realistic liquids in the 3d engines, in FFX they had to cut to a CG just to let tidus cry for crap sakes.
    But I don't recall much blood in FFVIII, other than the opening fight between Squall and Seifer, or any blood in FFVII.
    there was blood in VII in the shinra building after sephiroths masicure, and on his face at the end... and to the question the titles are rated t so they cant have people dying in a blood splatter all the time, that would be considered as god of war, and none of the games had killings everywhere so im not sure what your talking about
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

I don't think they are getting kiddy, you can't call a game kiddy because it doesn't have much blood, the story is what makes it kiddy and so far I don't remember any FF with kiddy story (I haven't play FF10-2, it seems a true crap). :rolleyes2
    FFs are showing blood only when it needs to be shown but it's true I would like to see more blood too.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FF are ok with or without blood.. Mature players doesnt care about blood, they are more interested in a good story/plot..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    there was blood in VII in the shinra building after sephiroths masicure, and on his face at the end... and to the question the titles are rated t so they cant have people dying in a blood splatter all the time, that would be considered as god of war, and none of the games had killings everywhere so im not sure what your talking about
    each one had a fair amount of deaths in it.
    FFVII had blood trails everywhere.
    FFVIII had the war between the gardens honestly want to tell me tons dindt die in the fights?
    FFIX had town after town beind halway wiped out.
    FFX had towns being attacked by sin and even the fight where they all charged at sin and fought the sin scaled or whatever they were.
    FFX-2 people were shot.
    FFXII had the beginning war.

death is everywhere in FF

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL Valentine View Post
    I don't think they are getting kiddy, you can't call a game kiddy because it doesn't have much blood, the story is what makes it kiddy and so far I don't remember any FF with kiddy story (I haven't play FF10-2, it seems a true crap). :rolleyes2
    FFs are showing blood only when it needs to be shown but it's true I would like to see more blood too.
    maybe kiddy was too far jsut they seem to be leaveing out the blood for no reason not like a little blood would boost the rateing to M or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> FF are ok with or without blood.. Mature players doesnt care about blood, they are more interested in a good story/plot..
    i would consider myself a mature player and i dont mind there not being blood. just kinda annoying when you leave out blood where there should be blood. i like things that make sense if you create a story where the shouldnt be any blood being shown then good but if there shold be blood then by all means show it. FFIX didnt have many chances to show blood most of the massive attacks were shown from a far away view so its not like youd see blood anyways.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

my FF amvs

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Final Fantasy isn't anywhere close to being kiddy at all and you're wrong about X having no blood, look on the back of your copy and look at the rating contnet it says blood and that blood scene is minor just the part where you go to Home and some guys are shooting a monster.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    Final Fantasy isn't anywhere close to being kiddy at all and you're wrong about X having no blood, look on the back of your copy and look at the rating contnet it says blood and that blood scene is minor just the part where you go to Home and some guys are shooting a monster.
    hmm yes it was so brief i didnt even notice. but anyways by kiddy i dont mean that in every aspect i jsut think theyre takeing things down a notch every time to try and make it suitable for younger audience. which i understand widen the market grow in profit.

so before anyone says im wrong and that they're not kiddy ill say it here for everyone to read.

I dont mean theyre getting kiddy i jsut mean theyre takeing down the violence and cutting back somewhat on swearing. kiddy was jsut the title to pretty much draw you in into reading this so jsut so everyone knows they should nto take me litterally.

all im saying is that if your going to have someone get killed dont suddenly go off screen or show someones expression towards it show the violence itll add to the drama in the story. not showing it doesnt decrease the greatness of the game but showing it can help a person get sucked into the game emotionally.

the stories are in no way kiddy theyre complicated and little kids would not be able to fully undertsand them. bam i said it.
    lynx

my FF amvs

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

^ wth? Anyway, think of it this way - you can't have too much blood etc, because these games are played by people of all ages, even very young people ya know?. None of the FF games are THAT kiddy, because of events throughout. XII for instance - (SPOILER)Drace's death scene, not too bloody, but not too kiddy either. You even saw her face as she was stabbed.

Ah, you've mentioned swearing etc, violence. Erm, no no on violence? Every single FF has some form of violence, whether it be in a war, or a random battle! Swearing? I really don't think the general populus would take kindly to a voice-over game which contained a little bit too much swearing. Parents anyway. I personally wouldn't.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I totally agree with this topic! FF is and has always been a little pritcy when it comes to things like blood and sex, when we know it's there!!! I mean, come on! You have all these great graphics and these badass storylines, but when it comes to the more realistic stuff, they say the hell with it because they scared the public might go crazy on them. Well, I tell you one thing, If they were to put more realistic things like sexual content, They sells would go through the roof because not only they will still be getting the same crowd, they would be pulling in more people. And trust me, these kids would be eatting their games up like Eminem CDs, regardless or rating because they don't give a damn about whether their too young or not! As a matter of fact, they should put better music in it aswell! Man if you put a Kiss song on for a fight man it will be great! Or a DMX song for a fight! And some R&B for some love scenes. I'm tell you guys, it's time for a change in RPG games. And even if it's not FF, I will bring it!!!
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    I totally agree with this topic! FF is and has always been a little pritcy when it comes to things like blood and sex, when we know it's there!!! I mean, come on! You have all these great graphics and these badass storylines, but when it comes to the more realistic stuff, they say the hell with it because they scared the public might go crazy on them. Well, I tell you one thing, If they were to put more realistic things like sexual content, They sells would go through the roof because not only they will still be getting the same crowd, they would be pulling in more people. And trust me, these kids would be eatting their games up like Eminem CDs, regardless or rating because they don't give a damn about whether their too young or not! As a matter of fact, they should put better music in it aswell! Man if you put a Kiss song on for a fight man it will be great! Or a DMX song for a fight! And some R&B for some love scenes. I'm tell you guys, it's time for a change in RPG games. And even if it's not FF, I will bring it!!!
    Nahhh, i don't think that would work.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

OF Course that would work!!! Think of the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES