Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ogir Yensa sandsea Over level

I think you're wrong Xurts. You can still have a challenge at level 99, with certain foes. I've never reached level 99 in any game before, and just play it normally but I know that in XII that I'm 10-14 levels ahead of the place I'm supposed to be in. I'm just completely all the hard stuff now, and then going to carry the story later on. I'm just laying in wait to see if there will still be a creature/fiend/person who will still challenge me in the story. But i definitely know that there are optional bosses who would kick my ass!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I think you're wrong Xurts. You can still have a challenge at level 99, with certain foes. I've never reached level 99 in any game before, and just play it normally but I know that in XII that I'm 10-14 levels ahead of the place I'm supposed to be in. I'm just completely all the hard stuff now, and then going to carry the story later on. I'm just laying in wait to see if there will still be a creature/fiend/person who will still challenge me in the story. But i definitely know that there are optional bosses who would kick my ass!
    I meant over leveling way beyond necessary at certain stages of the game. Like the guy that was level 38 at Barheim Passage. Nothing is going to be even remotely challenging until much, much later on in the game, not even Elite Marks. I understand overleveling a bit for Marks and such, because I've done that at times. Gaining 20-30 levels for the hell of it is just a waste.

Yeah, that's just not needed. I beat all the monsters and bosses at that stage in the game with quite ease, and was the normal level. I didn't even dare to overlevel at that stage. It certainly takes away the challenge of a good tug-of-wars, and lowers your own appreciation towards the game's bosses because they get killed off in like 20 seconds, maybe less!

Banned

Seriously, why overlevel? To beat stronger monsters such as Elementals/Entites early? If you have trouble with a dungeon or boss, it could mean that you are underleveled (or need a better strategy and gambits) but still. I would probably assume that overleveling is to make the game easier, but things such as being lvl 38 at Barheim is really unnecessary; unless you just want to just cruise along the game with 0% challenge, if that is the #1 reason why you play or enjoy RPGs.

People might accidentally overlevel from trying to collect lots of loot, but only by about 2-3 levels. Aren't games (especially RPGs) supposed to be challenging, and by overleveling, you take the challenge out of it? After all, that's why some people even prefer to be underleveled (my pal Goldenboco beat the game at around lvl 43, me around 46, and of course those who have done the 122333 challenge).

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I love killing a boss in 20 seconds. I'd overlevel like crazy if leveling up wasn't so boring!

As it is I was usually a bit under level compared to the other Americans on the forums but overleveled compared to the players in Europe.

Just HOW do you finish the game at 46 ?!?! I could have finished it at 55 but level 46 sounds like massacre to me!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Just HOW do you finish the game at 46 ?!?! I could have finished it at 55 but level 46 sounds like massacre to me!
    Bubble, Protect, Haste, and Shell on my characters (Bravery and Faith aren't that important). I used Pheasant Netsuke with Phoenix Downs and X-Potions rather than Curaga, Curaja, or Arise sometimes, since he attacks very quickly; especially after he uses something like Gigaflare Sword, weakening them to about 500 HP then using quick physical attacks to kill them. Yeah, you're right, it was a massacre; when one out of my two parties died, I revived them with my second party. But hell, it was awesome. And IMO I had a lot more fun than I would beating him in 20 seconds.

You could try underleveling in a new game. You might find it a lot more fun and challenging, especially against bosses like King Bomb.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    hell, it was awesome. And IMO I had a lot more fun than I would beating him in 20 seconds.

You could try underleveling in a new game. You might find it a lot more fun and challenging, especially against bosses like King Bomb.
    Wow, great strategy!

Yeah, I might try underleveling one of this days. Sounds fun the way you described.

Oddly enough King Bomb and his minions were one of my 20 second fights, and I wasn't too overlevelled. I was around level 40 and didn't even use quickenings. I wish I had taped that battle because I can't remember what I did right
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

20 seconds, Geez, it took me around 8 minutes and I was around Renmiri's levels. I beat him nevertheless though. I don't purposely overlevel, I'm just like 10 levels ahead than what I should be at the moment, but at least I havea justified excuse, which is that I'm collecting/selling loot, and doing some hunts here and there before I lose ..... as a guest. Plus.....Is to valuable to lose at the moment, because of his awesome critical/double hit combos.

The king bomb was like a 30minutes foir me to beat it because i secrewed up my quickings and forgot to save, fran, basch, penelo and balthier were already dead it was just Vaan and Ashe.
    :mog: Moogle Master:mog:
    :mog: We Moogles Praise Hazzard:mog:

Haha, I bet you accidentally done a three move chain. I hate that

lol ya your right i got inferno... it sucked...
    :mog: Moogle Master:mog:
    :mog: We Moogles Praise Hazzard:mog: