Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generic Music Thread

Wow. I'm glad to see so many people posting in this.
    Apparently The Used were about say, 20 mins from me last night, which would have been nice to see.
    @kikimm: Saosin is great. The new CD is fantastic, and it all depends on what kind of "punk" you like. If you like the heavier, and more screamy, like early Alexis on Fire, then you'll like the older Saosin.
    I personally don't have a problem with either, but the new one is more...Harmonic, and IMO, has an all around better sound. But old/new, Saosin is great.
    @Araciel: I'm also a fan of Maynard. His lyrics have so much meaning, and feel. Also, very dark at times. But I'd love to go see either of his bands in concert.
    Jebeus and Kirobaito, both of you guys have fantastic taste in music. I'm impressed to see someone who likes folk. I've honestly never heard of anyone I know who likes it.

Cannibal Corpse.. Check out The Bleeding, Bloodthirst & The Wretched Spawn albums. If you don't like heavy music then don't bother. That goes for also being offended by pictures of non exsistent things & jokey lyrics & song titles. I also love Cryptopsy. Check out the None So Vile & Whisper Supremacy albums. & Nicolo Paganini, try get a butchers at 'The Best of Nicolo Paganini', obviously he's not playing the material on it, because he's dead, but it's played to a pretty good standard. His 1st, 5th, & 24th Caprices are great.

I have seen live Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Dragonforce,Cryptopsy, & Muse. Don't much time to see many bands, but there's a whole,shed loads of bands I'd love to see.. I really can't be bothered to name them all now.

My musical tastes are very varied. I'm 60% metalhead, but I also like jazz, classical, blues, soul, a little bit of dance [Prodigy & Aphex Twin - People who produce dance who have the telent & intelligence to make dance music that doesn't have the same beat all the way through] & so on. Feel free to ask me questions are anything.

I like all kinds of music, but my absolute favourites are probably: Rufus Wainwright, Björk, Kate Bush, Prince, Martha Wainwright, Jeff Buckley, Antony and the Johnsons, Alicia Keys, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, M.I.A., Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc. etc.

I have so many CDs with so many very different artists that it's kinda hard to post my faves... but, those above are definitely some of them.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lately I'm pretty obsessed with The Shins and I got to see them in a gig a few days ago which was pretty cool! Other than that I'm into the same sorta stuff as usually, fun happy clappy cute stuff, but getting into more chilled things.

st is a nice chilled/ambient swedish artist, you can get free mp3s at http://www.last.fm/music/st I really recommend Csanca I find this sort of music nice late at night and stuff.
    rawr

I'm pretty into pop-punk, and stuff like that. Sometimes some R&B and rarely any Rap. As you can see by my sig, I'm pretty much obbsessed addicted to Panic! at the Disco. I also love:

Panic! at the Disco. Paramore. Hawthorne Heights. 30 Seconds to Mars. Cobra Starship. Fallout Boy. Hellogoodbye. Silversun Pickups. Queen. Hoobastank. Nirvana. Human League. Jack Johnson. Junior Senior. Shiny Toy Guns. Sugar Cult. The Dresden Dolls. The Hush Sound. Gorillaz. This Providence. MCR. Coheed and Cambria. Gym Class Heroes. Lily Allen. Chris Daughtry. NSync. Lady Sovereign. Audioslave. Mika. Linkin Park. OKGo. Franz Ferdinand. Evanescence. Fiona Apple. Deathcab for Cutie. Flyleaf. Teddy Geiger. Ne-Yo. The Cab (<3).

And lots of other random stuff. I'm kinda too lazy to post the rest. xD But there's probably alot of good ones I forgot there. These few days I've been living off of some of the songs on Fallout Boy's new album (not that I bought it..), especially Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Thnks Fr The Mmrs
    One night and one more time,
    Thanks for the memories,
    Even though they weren't so great,
    He tastes like you, only sweeter,
    One night, yea, one more time,
    Thanks for the memories,
    Thanks for the memories,
    See, he tastes like you, only sweeter.
    Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

They say I only think,
    In the form of crunching numbers,
    In hotel rooms, collecting Page Six lovers,
    Get me out of my mind, and get you out of those clothes.
    Im a liner away from getting you into the mood.
    Woah-oh.
    Last edited by ff7+ff10 gurl 100; 03-31-2007 at 01:44 AM.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

I listen to most kinds of music, only true exception probably being emo and metalcore. My favourite genre is easily progressive, symphonic prog, prog-rock, prog metal, krautrock, whatever kind, it doesn't matter. I also love Indie, Garage, Alternative, Punk, Metal (many many subgenres of it too), Folk, Psychedelic, Grunge, Blues-Rock, Jazz, and well, most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    "This Land is Your Land" - Woody Guthrie (1940)

I've roamed and rambled, I've followed my footsteps
    To the sparkling sands of her diamond desert
    And all around me, a voice was sounding
    "This land was made for you and me."
    WOODY WINS

1913 massacre = greatest.
    I like "Vigilante Man" best! But yeah, folk is awesome. Especially that olden folk that's so simple and sincere, I love it. I went through a folkie phase =D Lead Belly too.

My favourite artists at the moment, though, are uhmuhmhummm -- Bob Dylan (this never changes), Kings of Leon, Nick Drake, Sufjan Stevens, The Travelling Wilburys...that's it for now. It'll all change next week, of course, because that's how I swing with music.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Under the influence of Giants!!!

Fear Before The March Of Flames, Sigur Ros, and Russian Circles currently own me. I also really like Bob Dylan, Hopesfall, David Bowie, Miles Davis, Radiohead, The Cure, Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, 65daysofstatic, Cannibal Ox, NWA, Atmosphere, Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Tool, Every Time I Die, and Fightstar.

Oh yes, Poison The Well also. The new album = love.

My favourite artists would be Incubus, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elton John, The Beatles, Gorillaz, Lifehouse and P.O.D.
    At present anyhow. There are others but stuffed if I can remember them right now

some favorite Bands:
    - A1 : If Only + Caught in the Middle + I've made up my mind
    - Backstreet Boys : I still + More than that + The call
    - 5ive : Closer to me + serious + Don't wanna let you go
    - N'sync : Just don't tell me that + Tell me baby + Digital get down
    - The Calling : Where ever you will go + One by one
    - Panic at the Disco : I write sins...
    - Spice Girls : Denying + Do it + Viva for ever
    * some of them are former Bands *

there
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

Anyone know any good dub they can recommend? I only know Prince Far I and King Tubby.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Anyone know any good dub they can recommend? I only know Prince Far I and King Tubby.
    WHAT?
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

One of my favorite bands is The Fall Of Troy. I suggest that everyone here checks em out.

You should listen to these songs...

What Sound Does A Mastodon Make?

I Just Got This Symphony Going'

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.

I'm not quie sure how to describe my taste in music, but at the moment, my favourite songs are stuff like 24 or They by Jem, Hunter or Thank You by Dido and Conversations with my Thirteen year old self or I've got money now by Pink. The soundtracks from Gladiator also seem to find their way into my favourites at the moment too.